AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-25, 02:43   Link #1341
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
You can watch Raw, I dare say.
Oh no, as tempting as that sounds, I'll be patient and wait for the subs I can imagine that a lot of the messages in this episode are conveyed through it's subtlety which is this shows specialty, but I want to absorb this experience thoroughly, words and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
This is a series that is better enjoyed at one's own pace, so whichever form he prefers would be the ideal one for him. I mean, we already know the manga script to heart from having read it so many times, so we have an unfair advantage there with the raw.
Exactly I have my own pacing for this show and I want to be delicate as to how I approach it, considering the subtleties

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 04:02   Link #1342
poko-kun

I mean.... EVERYONE can watch this episode, with or without sub.
It's not because I've read the manga, it because I've watched the anime.

Spoiler for Is it because of an economic turns down nowadays?:
Old 2009-10-25, 04:46   Link #1343
Mikapon

Spoiler for why this ep is the way it is:
Mikapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 06:09   Link #1344
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Episode 30 wasn't what I wanted. I suppose you can't always get what you want. Oh well... next episode then.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 06:16   Link #1345
poko-kun

Yeah... I think it's a bit wired in pace. People right now sure want to know about that girl,
Spoiler for not a...:
Old 2009-10-25, 07:59   Link #1346
Kirarakim

So I have a question for those who watched the episode...is there anything new at all?
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 08:56   Link #1347
poko-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
So I have a question for those who watched the episode...is there anything new at all?
I only answer because you asked
Spoiler for Sure there is:
Old 2009-10-25, 09:15   Link #1348
Kirarakim

Quote:
Well then I will ask are they worth it?

And also is this really spoiler worthy? lol
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 09:24   Link #1349
golthin

Quote:

just call the episode a filler with no new content and move on to wait for the next episode.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 10:50   Link #1350
poko-kun

Quote:
For me, seeing nakid Aoba in this ep. worth 100 times than seeing flashback of little cutie Waka.

Quote:
It's a kind of Phobia, since every single thing could be considered as a spoiler for someone; such as what I thought, what I was concerning, what I noticed in anime, etc.
because god knows that I read manga. I'd better not spill anything... anything.
Old 2009-10-25, 11:03   Link #1351
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
For me, seeing nakid Aoba in this ep. worth 100 times than seeing flashback of little cutie Waka.
Though tempeth me vile devil! Begone from my mind.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 12:45   Link #1352
jpwong

Quote:
You mean this turned out to be like that episode of Gundam Seed Destiny? No wonder I'm looking at all these raw filesizes and see they're all grossly undersized compared to normal.
Old 2009-10-25, 14:10   Link #1353
mit7059

If any of the anime watchers can't stand the waiting anymore the end of ep 29 corresponds with the first page of chapter 102. Just letting you know. And as for the arguement about which was better, the anime or the manga, I'm still sorta split. The anime is a great adaptation IMO except for the filler, which really let me down. It really annoyed me that they spent pretty much an entire episode trying to make me like the snotty manager, and while the episode where Aoba actually gets to play is nice, I think the whole 'rival' aspect is unnecessary. That being said I'm really enjoying both and just wish that Adachi would get off his butt and and write the next chapter, manga readers are probably on the biggest cliffhanger of the show right now, and we're getting more than a month and a half to brood about it.

EDIT: I guess this is a question for Heibi, considering that the dialogue in the anime is pretty much identical to the manga and Central's close ties to Manga Downloads do you use the manga scans as a starting point for the fansubs? It seems like it could save a lot of time in translation. I know Subsmith uses Chinese subs as a source. Just curious.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here

Last edited by mit7059; 2009-10-25 at 18:12.
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 00:12   Link #1354
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
just watched ep 30 and all of it was flashback of wakaba.
next time on cross game : do they(ghost) grow up?

well after watching this episode I can say that Wakaba did die in the hospital. So this new character can't be the original Waka-chan. Looks like in the next episode Kou will go to the festival with her and meet up with other people.

In waka's dream : Kou was the pitcher, and Akaishi was the catcher. Inside the sold Koshien. Nakanishi was there too. Batter after batter being stuck out, the crowd was in an uproar. And you (Aoba) was having a great time as centre fielder too.

I wonder how Aoba will be the centre fielder in Koshien when they don't allow girls. Isn't that Sedo or something guy playing centre could he been injured or something and no one else can play centre so they made an exception?
Old 2009-10-26, 00:55   Link #1355
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Senda plays shortstop.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 01:49   Link #1356
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Watched 29 and 30 together. When I should be annoyed at the re-run at episode 30, why did my vision become blurry near the end even though I was prepared? *sniff* Episode was a good reminder why I stuck with Cross Game. Episode 29 was okay. I never really took in the sports aspect in most sports series that incorporates baseball or any other sports for that matter... well, except Ookiku Furikubutte. I was alarmed that Kou was going to pitch if the extra innings continued further to resolve the stalemate when his pitch count was well over 100. And it seemed like the coach was going to let him. Losing that game was the best thing for Kou and his body. Looks like everything is set for the final year where the team can make a run for Koshien. The vacancy's left by the seniors also has opened door to recruitment for talented players. Kou is all set for glory. But that's not why I'll watch it....

The whole Wakaba tribute to set up the Wakaba look-a-like in the picture just made the story so much more interesting. Aoba can finally be pushed around a little bit in regards to Kou... And Kou can finally find the opening to move on by coming to terms with his memories of the past. No wonder I wasn't annoyed by the recap of the first episode in episode 30. Good times are coming.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 03:00   Link #1357
Eclipze

Looks like I was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Spoiler for ep 30 preview:
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 03:16   Link #1358
mit7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Watched 29 and 30 together. When I should be annoyed at the re-run at episode 30, why did my vision become blurry near the end even though I was prepared? *sniff* Episode was a good reminder why I stuck with Cross Game. Episode 29 was okay. I never really took in the sports aspect in most sports series that incorporates baseball or any other sports for that matter... well, except Ookiku Furikubutte. I was alarmed that Kou was going to pitch if the extra innings continued further to resolve the stalemate when his pitch count was well over 100. And it seemed like the coach was going to let him. Losing that game was the best thing for Kou and his body. Looks like everything is set for the final year where the team can make a run for Koshien. The vacancy's left by the seniors also has opened door to recruitment for talented players. Kou is all set for glory. But that's not why I'll watch it....

The whole Wakaba tribute to set up the Wakaba look-a-like in the picture just made the story so much more interesting. Aoba can finally be pushed around a little bit in regards to Kou... And Kou can finally find the opening to move on by coming to terms with his memories of the past. No wonder I wasn't annoyed by the recap of the first episode in episode 30. Good times are coming.
Koh probably doesn't need a 100 pitch limit, i think it was Junpei who once said that Koh had the ideal form that wouldn't stress his elbow. If he was throwing more than 100 pitches consistently for an entire big league season there might be cause for concern but his innings total actually isn't that high because it's tournament style and not a full season.

He got 29 outs in the game (27 in regulation + 2 in the 10th inning) and allowed 6 baserunners with 4 hits a walk and one man reaching on a passed third strike. So he faced 35 batters total, I know the MLB average for pitches seen per plate appearance is almost exactly 4 so that would put him at 140 pitches. But considering this is high school baseball I'm guessing it would be closer to 3 per at bat because of 3 pitch strikeouts, batters swinging at things early in the count, and the fact that most of the batters wouldn't be able to foul off enough pitches to get into an extended at bat with Koh; so with 3 pitches per plate appearance your looking at 115 pitches total. So he was probably somewhere in between those two numbers, which is a lot of pitches but not an insane amount, especially for just one game.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here

Last edited by mit7059; 2009-10-26 at 03:32.
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 03:56   Link #1359
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Considering that episode 30 was pretty much a recap/flashback episode, I enjoyed it a great deal. Then again, I can watch episode 1 over and over again so it shouldn't be surprising. And just like monir, my vision gets a little blurry when Koi Kogarete Mita Yume comes on. Every time. Even when Aoba hums it in the shower. Oh, wait -- that's the steam.

I found it interesting that Momiji apparently is also chasing after another of Wakaba's dreams. I always found it odd that Momiji would be on her school swim team after what happened to Wakaba. It occurred to me after this episode that maybe Momiji is trying to follow in her sister's footsteps and finish Wakaba's personal dream of becoming a national champion swimmer. Okay, maybe that is a stretch.

This was like the calm before the storm, since having a Wakaba look-alike around is going to really complicate things by the look of the next episode preview.
Willen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 04:27   Link #1360
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Considering I've often been rewatching earlier episodes in the past, to connects some dots (the first one in particular, but not all the scenes in this episodes were from ep.1, some were from flashbacks shown here and there, later on), episode 30 didn't have much of an impact on me.
They sure ran fast to be 20 minutes of old footage, but I guess I've seen those scenes too many times to be moved from them in a place where they shouldn't be supposed to be (recap).

What I liked though, was Aoba's smile when she got called by Momiji, and got out of her memories. It felt like a "let's move on" of sort.

And very interesting preview. I agree that things now are going to be more complicated but also more interesting. Aoba/Kou's relationship is growing but definitely needs a push. Here's the push. By the way, if you noticed from the few lines she has spoken, the Wakaba look-alike is voiced by... Kanda Akemi, Wakaba's seiyuu.

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports