AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-11-15, 17:41   Link #21
indo

i didn't like it sorry, it's a nice try and all, but american voices just don't sound right for me. i love this show but if it ever gets dubbed i will find it crap, just like with dragonball, loved it but the english version killed it for me

seeing this video and hearing english makes me agressive
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 02:08   Link #22
Tsukuyomi
Crazed Obsessive Otaku

naruto sounds like he should be konohamaru >>;;
Tsukuyomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 11:11   Link #23
Ashi-chan
Resident Asian Nerd Girl

Send a message via AIM to Ashi-chan Send a message via MSN to Ashi-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Ashi-chan
zoogderrick2, I commend you for your bravery. Unless you hadn't any idea people would bash you so much here? But really, I had a very short stint at fand dubbing myself--if any of you have ever heard of FET's (really bad) Digimon fandubs, I was Culumon--and it's a tough process, not to mention elitist anime fans would deem you a heretic for trying to redub anything Japanese into a different language.

I know most of the time if anime fans are willing to actually watch anything dubbed, they usually want the dubbed characters to sound almost identical to their original Japanese counterparts. That's really hard, too, though I can't pinpoint why. Perhaps because the Japanese naturally have a higher vocal range than, in my case, Americans. Or maybe it's because Japanese sounds all right high and, at times, squeaky, but English is spoken usually in a lower key? Either way, it's hard to meet the expectation to dub a character as close to the original as possible. I did that with Culumon, and people oddly enough thought I did a good job, but personally I hated it. It was high-pitched and squeaky, which Culumon originally was, but it just didn't sound right in English. X.x;;

But again, I salute you for being brave enough to try this. These days, dub has become synonymous to crap, and even if your voices are awesome, people don't even want to sample fandubs for fear of crappy acting. If you're truly dedicated to this, then keep going. Take some of the comments to heart, though--not the mean, bashing ones, but the really constructive criticisms--so you have a basis to improve your work.

Onward, brave soul!
Ashi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 15:21   Link #24
swerv
Stay Up

Good bunch of voice talent there, I've heard much worse from professional radio drama studios

I just think some of your actors need to listen to the Naruto anime more to get the pronounciation of names/places/jutsu right.

Good efforts though.

Although from a personal point of view I always prefer original audio tracks.
Old 2004-11-16, 16:41   Link #25
FireBorn

To be honest, I didn't really like it.

Sakura's voice sounds too quiet compared to Naruto's in the anime. On top of that, I think she sounded a bit too mature. Also, I believe Naruto sounds a bit too young. I think you need to work on pronounciation, as well.

Work on that stuff and you should do fine. I wish you luck.
FireBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 17:03   Link #26
UzumakiBatman
Me for teh pwnage :P

lol im looking foward to the final ersion shud be quite funny lol
UzumakiBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 18:47   Link #27
HopelessLover

The only feesable voices were sakura and tsunade. You should work on all the others. And thier are other constructive critisism I have for you:

Your 3 major problems with dubbing naruto and dubbing in general are:

1- You need to make those who voice the characters sound about the same age (sasuke sounded shit loads older then naruto).

2- In any dub, the voices overlap the original sound, and makes it sounds like crap. So you have to add sound effects, music, and other clinks to make it sound close to, if not exsactly like the original score. If you do not do this, you will end up with a half ass dub (your preview clip was a prime example of this). Capturing the music from the orginal episode prior to dubing, will help you turmendously.

3- Lip sync and pronuctiation round up your major concerns. Lic sync is very important because in your preview clip sakura moved her mouth longer then she actually talked. To resolve this, simply time the moment and variation of the lip moving of a character and match it up with voice characters. Pronuctiation will annoy established fans, but not so much new ones. So it's not that much of a problem as Lip Syncing, and is totaly up to you if you want to work on it or not.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 19:18   Link #28
muramasa007

o....k....0_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoogderrick2
Ok, going against all logic, my friends and I decided to fandub a few episodes of Naruto, we are starting with 107, anyways we are about 65% done with the episode and it should be out the first week of December, because we only work on weekends, due to our busy work/school schedules. Anyways here is our webpage complete with voice samples lol.

http://www.narutotrans.cjb.net

enjoy,

Derrick
umm a little advice...ITS GAY!!!! it doesnt suit anyone if we heard u dubb it becuz we already saw one dubbing group and guess wut? THEY DID HORRIBLE!!!! plus u might hafta freez the frame in order to dubb correctly and the voices dont match jiraiya he sounds like a boogey man muhahahahahha
(seriously!!!)
Tip: quit while ur ahead!!! :fingers:
muramasa007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 19:21   Link #29
Kayess
Guy From Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
5. No insulting and/or harassment
Insulting and/or harassing other forum members on the forum or through the PM feature is not tolerated. Any inappropriate language will be removed and if threads turn into flame wars they will be closed.

If you don't like it, offer constructive critism, not insulting someone.

As for zoogderrick2. Don't advertise your fandubs here since it is a promotion for something you are doing, which is against the rules.

4. No Spamming
You are not allowed to post the URL and/or name of any website which you are in any way affiliated with to new threads or as replies to threads where mentioning that URL is not relevant and/or the only reason for posting seems to be to advertise the site or product. Offering products for sale or trade is also not allowed and considered spamming. This rule does not apply to signatures. If you are not sure, please ask first by contacting the one of the Administrators or Moderators.

:Sigh: I feel yet another ban coming on for at least one person.

Seriously... get a life. Leave the rule enforcing to the MODs... If people want to flame, LET THEM. They may be banned by the mods. You just quoting the rules is SPAM...not in the sense of linking to non-related site.. but in the sense it is completely moronic to even waste forum space with it.... and I hope they ban you for it.

On topic. The site doesn't work for me either
Kayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 19:48   Link #30
HopelessLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayess
Seriously... get a life. Leave the rule enforcing to the MODs... If people want to flame, LET THEM. They may be banned by the mods. You just quoting the rules is SPAM...not in the sense of linking to non-related site.. but in the sense it is completely moronic to even waste forum space with it.... and I hope they ban you for it.

On topic. The site doesn't work for me either

Most people agree that he is a loser. So your not alone.

Anways, some one earlier posted direct links to the voices of the character. I think it was on the first page of this thread.
HopelessLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-16, 20:59   Link #31
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

i found it bad, but hey i find normaly voice acting bad. the actors for english FMA are absolutely horrible. anyway, you need to work on the pronunciation of names and such like people said, and you should try and making the characters sound closer to their age, naruto sounds like he's five. One more thing when the flashback went on and naruto was saying his technique name, if you want to translate it to english its "naruto, 2000 (kick or punch i dont remember) combo", but i recomend if you guys can do it that you leave tech names in japanese it just sounds so much more right.

if you want to keep going good look and by all means post it here, ill download
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 04:13   Link #32
Nishi`Joichiro
Last Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoogderrick2
Ok, going against all logic, my friends and I decided to fandub a few episodes of Naruto, we are starting with 107, anyways we are about 65% done with the episode and it should be out the first week of December, because we only work on weekends, due to our busy work/school schedules. Anyways here is our webpage complete with voice samples lol.

http://www.narutotrans.cjb.net

enjoy,

Derrick

I hope that this is just a really bad joke because if not then
Nishi`Joichiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 04:30   Link #33
MigitAs
General of the Go-Reds

Man, I can't wait to see this fandub, even if it sux, i haven't seen a dub done by amatuers, maybe it won't be so bad.

Disregard what i just said, its gonna suck haha
MigitAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 04:35   Link #34
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishi`Joichiro

I hope that this is just a really bad joke because if not then
They seem to be sincere about doing a Naruto fandub, and I say go for it. Even if the end result is horrible(hopefully not ), itll still be intresting to see what a few dedicated Naruto fans can accomplish. Plus, sometimes when something is really, really, really, bad, it ends up being really, really, really, good.

Take Ed Wood for example:

Even if it took a few years after his death for people to recognize the true genius behind his crappy films.
socomberetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-19, 23:33   Link #35

omfg omfg omfg LMAO I THINK IM GONNA DIE LAUGHING HOLY CRAP
HOW OLD IS THE NARUTO ACTOR? 5? SURE SOUNDS LIKE IT HAHAHAHAH
LMAO TSUNADE SAID GUNIN LOLOLOLOL
LOLOLOLOL SAKURA SOUNDS LIKE A RETARD
LOL '' the time has come head to kunhooa now'' in some kind of fucked up voice.
LMAO JIRAIYA SOUNDS LIKE SOME KIND OF WHORE
''SOOOO UR AFTA NEEROOTOH AFTA ALL'' LOLOL
and sasuke is supposed to be calm and cool but here he sounds so PISSED off lolol
gj on shikamaru tho
012345789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 00:09   Link #36
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

In Japanese there is really no such thing as a long "U" sound
Example, Naruto should NOT be said like Na-roo-toe but should sound a little like the u in Sasuke's name.

In Japanese The "G" sound is never pronounced like a "J"
Example, Genin needs to be pronounced with a soft g instead of a j sound.

Hmm Jiraiya sounded like he was trying too hard at making his voice sound deep but sounded talented enough otherwise,

I liked the Sakura voice enough and Tsunade's as well.
kiai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 00:40   Link #37
aznpunk97

lol, i'm not gonna insult anybody but i'm just gonna give my takes on the dub.

first of all, the girl pronouciation of naruto is SOOOOOOOOO funny. nadroooooootoe. lol...

and 2ndly, jiraiya sounds like darth vadar... please don't use some kind of program to change the voice. makes darth vader's voice so pleasant.

the rest, i can't really say for sure but kinda get use to it. well sakura's voice is annoying anyways so it fits her perfectly... lol.

other than that, don't count of me buying the dvds from you guys, lol...

edit: i re-listen to sakura it she pronouced it nawrooooodoe... lol...
aznpunk97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 15:23   Link #38
xLeafsItaChi

oh man what a great laugh lmfao hahahahaha

Get someone else to do the naruto voice like everyone says he sounds like his 5 or even lower. Also tell the guy doing Jiraiya to not try so hard didnt sound smooth and perverted enough. Other than that GoodLuck id probably give ur first episode a download just to check it out and laugh a bit. =)
xLeafsItaChi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-20, 15:28   Link #39
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLeafsItaChi
oh man what a great laugh lmfao hahahahaha

Get someone else to do the naruto voice like everyone says he sounds like his 5 or even lower. Also tell the guy doing Jiraiya to not try so hard didnt sound smooth and perverted enough. Other than that GoodLuck id probably give ur first episode a download just to check it out and laugh a bit. =)
Sounds like people might actually enjoy this. Regardless I mean if enough people started doing attempts like this and there turned out to be a couple of really good groups in the longrun afterall it might be catchy. All we need do is wait for someone who can do a better job then the professional licenser's idea.
kiai is offline   Reply With Quote