AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 26 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 46.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 28.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-27, 14:15   Link #81
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I didn't negrep you and I make it a point to avoid discussing reputation issues, but perhaps if you'd left "delusional" out of your OP you wouldn't have had any issues. People get testy when you tell them they're crazy for having their own opinion.
Old 2011-09-27, 14:17   Link #82
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I didn't negrep you and I make it a point to avoid discussing reputation issues, but perhaps if you'd left "delusional" out of your OP you wouldn't have had any issues. People get testy when you tell them they're crazy for having their own opinion.
Well, delusional was my personal opinion not a true fact, is how i feel, also there is a poll for this reason and i rate it 4/10. I have no problems to tell people that this 4/10 is mine because it is. Someone else rate it 1/10.
I absolutely respect all people opinions who like or dislike a serie but personal insults not, because we speak about entertainment here not real life issues but seems there is people that get mad over nothing. ┐(-_-)┌
Old 2011-09-27, 16:35   Link #83
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
towards the end of the series, I got a little board with it, and didn't make sure to watch each episode as soon as it came out, but I'm glad I went through until the end. It was well done, and there was some powerful imagry used in the last episode. I really like the scenes of the empty inn, and especially in the end with the herron flying off the coupala

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
Old 2011-09-27, 18:54   Link #84
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindovermatter View Post
towards the end of the series, I got a little board with it, and didn't make sure to watch each episode as soon as it came out,
Enishi has that effect on people.
Old 2011-09-28, 00:10   Link #85
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yep, black holes of fail, in combination with Jinomaru. :/

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-28, 01:11   Link #86
deadite

I dunno I loved Jiro right from the start. Enishi is more like an acquired taste.
Old 2011-09-28, 10:48   Link #87
4Tran

Hanasaku Iroha - Finale

This was a good episode to wrap up a pretty good series. I would have preferred the show as a heavy drama the way the first couple of episodes suggested it would develop, but I still liked the series as a light drama. The final episode is made the way that far too few anime final episodes are: with a clear conclusion, a feel of progression, and giving us endings and new beginnings. The story is wrapped up in a competent manner, and while further stories can be developed from it, they aren't at all necessary. Putting Sui in an empty Kissuisou was a particularly nich touch; bringing up a taste of nostalgia without being overly sentimental or heavy handed.

All in all, the series as a whole was fairly well planned despite the missteps in the middle portions. while it's not as good a Hourou Musuko (then again, what is?), Hanasaku Iroha is possibly the better than any of Okada Mari's original anime, and by a fair margin at that.
Old 2011-09-28, 14:52   Link #88
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Hanasaku Iroha - Finale

This was a good episode to wrap up a pretty good series. I would have preferred the show as a heavy drama the way the first couple of episodes suggested it would develop, but I still liked the series as a light drama. The final episode is made the way that far too few anime final episodes are: with a clear conclusion, a feel of progression, and giving us endings and new beginnings. The story is wrapped up in a competent manner, and while further stories can be developed from it, they aren't at all necessary. Putting Sui in an empty Kissuisou was a particularly nich touch; bringing up a taste of nostalgia without being overly sentimental or heavy handed.

All in all, the series as a whole was fairly well planned despite the missteps in the middle portions. while it's not as good a Hourou Musuko (then again, what is?), Hanasaku Iroha is possibly the better than any of Okada Mari's original anime, and by a fair margin at that.
What other anime has Okada done that were originals, and not adaptions?
Old 2011-09-28, 14:58   Link #89
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
An anime about crying, and another anime about crying (the other anime with flowers)

Given the love of crying and pitiful guys, I'm sure Okada would do great with Kaiji.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-28, 22:16   Link #90
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Such a great anime and an ending that just seems so right some on needs to get this and dub it
Old 2011-09-28, 23:41   Link #91
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
What other anime has Okada done that were originals, and not adaptions?
True Tears, Anohana, Canaan, Fractale.
Old 2011-09-29, 00:09   Link #92
jedinat

I haven't watched the last three episodes and won't simply because Ko and Ohana apparently (if vaguely) end up together (AND the inn closes down). Came to this thread for spoilers specifically about Ko. I hate him and their relationship. Every time it came up it brought down an otherwise good anime.
Old 2011-09-29, 09:37   Link #93
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Mind you, Ko and Ohana get together...but really. It's soooooo Secondary to wrapping up everything at the inn it's hilarious. Ko is limited to about six minutes of screen time in 24, doesn't even appear in 25, and his appearance in 26 is another series of fairly short scenes that bassically amount to...

-Confession, blush, Eat Yakisoba
-Talk in room, end in punchline with Joromaru listening in on them

That's pretty much it.
Old 2011-09-29, 10:16   Link #94
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

ah, Shinichio's dad made a cameo..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2011-09-29, 19:19   Link #95
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
ah, Shinichio's dad made a cameo..
Wait... I missed this. Where abouts?
Old 2011-09-29, 20:53   Link #96
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Wait... I missed this. Where abouts?
I was wondering if anyone else caught that... haha. He is at the end when Minko is asking for a job and Tohru get's her back. But it's just the same character design... Shinichirou's dad isn't a cook after all.

Speaking of... it would have been awesome to see some cameos from True Tears characters through out.
Old 2011-09-29, 23:45   Link #97
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

I can't believe everything that I said in Episode 22 thread came true...Link
Oh well, its fun while it lasted. Hopefully there will be a sequel or a Minko/Tohru gaiden. Anyway it seems like Hanasaku Iroha helped revive tourism to the real life town. All hotels in that area were fully booked when the show aired. Link So I guess its not a bad idea to create another season...
Old 2011-09-30, 00:36   Link #98
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
True Tears, Anohana, Canaan, Fractale.
Yeah, HanaIro is pretty darned good compared to that list. If we were to just compare the writing/series composition, it'd fare even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Mind you, Ko and Ohana get together...but really. It's soooooo Secondary to wrapping up everything at the inn it's hilarious.
Secondary? The romance is barely worth a mention compared to the other elements, and the show is all the stronger for that. The only really weak character in the show is Yuina, and she's not around enough to detract all that much from anything other than the vacation episodes.
Old 2011-09-30, 02:12   Link #99
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Yeah, HanaIro is pretty darned good compared to that list. If we were to just compare the writing/series composition, it'd fare even better.
Wait what? You're actually saying HanaIro is better than Anohana or True Tears? :/. Ill give it that it's better than Fractale (which was pretty bad) and roughly the same quality as Canaan. HanaIro is a poor "successor" to True Tears if you can even call it that. A good anime yes, but lies in the shadow of it.

And HanaIro couldn't even dream of matching the level of consistency that Anohana had. Yes, Anohana had a few problems with being overly melodramatic, but unlike Hanairo, it didn't have outright "offensive" episodes like 3, 7 and 17.

--------

Anyways, back on topic. This was perfect as it can get in regards to ending HSI. Nothing too overly happy, nothing too overly sad. The "life goes on" type ending. I'm actually surprised HSI managed to end on a high note, compared to most animes out there which tends to have subpar endings. Good job HSI 10/10

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-09-30 at 02:26.
Old 2011-09-30, 02:40   Link #100
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Ironically, those listed series all have different focus in their theme.