AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-25, 02:35   Link #25441
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
From what I can see, the best places seem to be Boston, Houston and the state of Virginia (though where within Virginia I'm not so sure). Outside the major metropolitan areas I'm less sure.

Boston and the Boston area has a lot of Irish Americans. You'll find some good Irish style pubs in and near Boston. I'm sure it would be hard to find some of these restaurants to be as good as a typical Irish pub in Ireland, but it is pretty much no doubt that you'll have an easier time finding some there than most other parts of the country. The Boston region is probably the best for it, even.

One time when I was in Boston back in 2011, I ate at an Irish style pub. I had French fries with gravy, battered and deep fried sausage links, and baked beans made from scratch. The French fries were amazing, too. They were big and thick fries, but they were like McDonald's fries meets thick fries; they were oily and greasy and had a lot of moisture, and were a light, golden color.
Old 2012-12-25, 06:06   Link #25442
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Officials: NY gunman set 'trap' for firefighters
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...12-25-03-16-46
Quote:
A man who set his house on fire then lured firefighters to their deaths in a blaze of flames and bullets had attracted little attention since he got out of prison in the 1990s for killing his grandmother, authorities said.
Spengler set a car and a house in his neighborhood ablaze early Monday, luring firefighters to the neighborhood and then killed two, wounded two others and injured a police officer while several homes burned around him, police said. Spengler then killed himself. His sister, Cheryl, was missing.
Old 2012-12-25, 08:36   Link #25443
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Boston and the Boston area has a lot of Irish Americans. You'll find some good Irish style pubs in and near Boston. I'm sure it would be hard to find some of these restaurants to be as good as a typical Irish pub in Ireland, but it is pretty much no doubt that you'll have an easier time finding some there than most other parts of the country. The Boston region is probably the best for it, even.

One time when I was in Boston back in 2011, I ate at an Irish style pub. I had French fries with gravy, battered and deep fried sausage links, and baked beans made from scratch. The French fries were amazing, too. They were big and thick fries, but they were like McDonald's fries meets thick fries; they were oily and greasy and had a lot of moisture, and were a light, golden color.
Interestingly enough, pubs in Ireland are not really known for their food. Alas the old pub atmosphere of genial conversation is being replaced with overly loud music...

The best "Pub Grub" I find is actually at English pubs.

Having been in the US before, what I really miss is actually Soda Bread.

The bread in America is too soft, sweet... and white.
Old 2012-12-25, 17:11   Link #25444
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Man who killed 2 firemen left note on killing plan
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...12-25-16-36-35
Quote:
WEBSTER, N.Y. (AP) -- The ex-con who lured two firefighters to their deaths in a blaze of gunfire left a rambling typewritten note saying he wanted to burn down the neighborhood and "do what I like doing best, killing people," police said Tuesday as they recovered burned human remains believed to be the gunman's missing sister.
The rifle he had was a military-style .223-caliber semiautomatic Bushmaster rifle with flash suppression, the same make and caliber weapon used in the elementary school massacre in Newtown, Conn., Pickering said.
Old 2012-12-25, 20:04   Link #25445
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Anonymous whistleblower fights to reveal the true cause of Israeli military deaths

Quote:
An anonymous blogger and whistleblower who is reportedly under investigation in Israel for publishing classified military information has volunteered to turn himself in if the Israeli Defense Forces will publish information it has withheld about the deaths of 126 soldiers.

The blogger is "Eishton," an activist citizen journalist who made the news earlier this year when he challenged the official account regarding the soldiers' deaths, claiming that suicide was the leading cause. Eishton relied on public documents as well as leaked documents from inside the army. A journalist for Israeli newspaper Haaretz, which also publishes in English online, defended Eishton's work as "serious and professional" although he is an amateur.
http://www.theverge.com/2012/12/25/3...ilitary-deaths

Old 2012-12-26, 16:41   Link #25446
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

R.I.P. Gerry Anderson, and thanks for all the entertainment and memories.

Gerry Anderson, 'Thunderbirds' creator, dies at 83

He was responsible for such shows as Thunderbirds, UFO, and Space: 1999.

Endless "Thunderbirds are go!" Soul
Old 2012-12-26, 16:49   Link #25447
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
R.I.P. Gerry Anderson, and thanks for all the entertainment and memories.

Gerry Anderson, 'Thunderbirds' creator, dies at 83

He was responsible for such shows as Thunderbirds, UFO, and Space: 1999.

Endless "Thunderbirds are go!" Soul
Sadness ... the guy that taught me that string marionettes could smoke, drink, and have sex
Old 2012-12-26, 18:16   Link #25448
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Russian parliament endorses anti-US adoption bill
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...12-26-14-29-28
Quote:
MOSCOW (AP) -- Defying a storm of domestic and international criticism, Russia moved toward finalizing a ban on Americans adopting Russian children, as Parliament's upper house voted unanimously Wednesday in favor of a measure that President Vladimir Putin has indicated he will sign into law.
The bill is widely seen as the Kremlin's retaliation against an American law that calls for sanctions against Russians deemed to be human rights violators. It comes as Putin takes an increasingly confrontational attitude toward the West, brushing aside concerns about a crackdown on dissent and democratic freedoms.
Old 2012-12-26, 18:39   Link #25449
NK_500
Disabled By Request

"Let the Americans kill each other instead of someone else"

Malaysian (right wing) politicians/Mass media
Old 2012-12-26, 18:59   Link #25450
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Naw, we tried that already. While it makes for good tales and progress in tactical doctrine, we found we like killing others as the World War II style stories make us look better in the media...plus mountains of movies from all sides and angles verse Americans killing Americans.
Old 2012-12-26, 19:18   Link #25451
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Russian parliament endorses anti-US adoption bill
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...12-26-14-29-28
Next it will be russianbrides.com.

Endless "Mail order" Soul
Old 2012-12-26, 19:41   Link #25452
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Searching for fictional character pics of a little russian pixie there now
Old 2012-12-26, 23:12   Link #25453
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
The Boston area has soda bread, too. There's an Irish bakery about a mile from my house. I suspect there are many more in places like West Roxbury and South Boston. Doyle's is one of the better Boston Irish restaurants.
Old 2012-12-26, 23:16   Link #25454
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:

The bread in America is too soft, sweet... and white.
There's a good French bakery near me that makes an amazing soda bread, but it is much sweeter than the traditional Irish recipe, so I feel you on that. But La Farine actually uses blackcurrants instead of raisins, so at least they get it partially correct!
Old 2012-12-27, 08:27   Link #25455
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:

Someone mentioned Russian brides?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain...
Old 2012-12-27, 08:51   Link #25456
Ridwan

^This "Muhammad was a lolicon" meme easily overlooks the fact that his first and only true love was a cougar.
Old 2012-12-27, 08:54   Link #25457
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
Someone mentioned Russian brides?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain...
The one all the way to the right looks.....barely legal. At least in most Eastern contexts.

Can I have her mailed to me? Or do I have to go down there myself to take her home - *becomes the next Spetznaz training tool*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-12-27, 08:56   Link #25458
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The one all the way to the right looks.....barely legal. At least in most Eastern contexts.

Can I have her mailed to me? Or do I have to go down there myself to take her home - *becomes the next Spetznaz training tool*
I know you wish you replaced the central guy in that pic..
Old 2012-12-27, 08:57   Link #25459
Ridwan

I thought Russian girls are rather more prone to precocious puberty ? Well after Americans at least....
Old 2012-12-27, 09:02   Link #25460
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I know you wish you replaced the central guy in that pic..
If her dad is from OMON, then she is certainly a OMOI(想い).

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international