AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-12, 03:47   Link #1
Tsubomi Koneko

Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Tsukiyomi/Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~ Manga?

I saw some people discussing a manga version of this in the thread about the anime. Does anyone know if there's scanlations or anything of it on the net? I can't even find mention of it on Google besides on the actual website of the magazine it's published in.

And sorry if I'm like not allowed to do this. I saw other people with similiar threads that weren't being yelled at so... *shrugs*
Old 2004-10-15, 12:56   Link #2
RecklessFire

http://www.akatsukimanga.com

they've got "moon phase" chapter 1 for download. whether or not it's the same thing, I don't know.
Old 2004-10-15, 13:22   Link #3
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Try searching for:

Arima Keitaro - Moon Phase
有馬啟太郎 - 月詠

I've downloaded Chinese scans up to volume 7 a while ago so I don't know what chapter it's up to now...
Old 2004-10-15, 13:39   Link #4
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessFire

they've got "moon phase" chapter 1 for download. whether or not it's the same thing, I don't know.
Yeah, it is, the guy who translates that posts in ADTRW and he's said he was going to do Tsukuyomi
Old 2004-10-15, 14:23   Link #5
tanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessFire

It's the same thing. First chapter doesn't quite go as far into the story as the first anime episode. Check out page 20-21, Vigo is shown beside 'The Master' of the castle opposite Luna (and Vigo looks -really- short by comparison).
Old 2004-10-15, 14:26   Link #6
TronDD
Team the box!

I think the anime started off better. It looks more interesting than the manga. Have to give the manga a few chapters to really be fair, though.
Old 2004-10-15, 16:48   Link #7
Ialdaboth

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.akatsukimanga.com
It's here! Read it now or Hazuki will cry.
lol.

Soooo... what are we waiting for to read it ?
I don't wish to make poor little Hazuki/Haduki cry...
Old 2005-12-22, 23:32   Link #8
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
I have the US version, it's owned by TokyoPop. It's also pretty good if I do say so myself...
Old 2006-02-08, 22:48   Link #9
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

How many volumes have been released so far?

and when will the next one be released?
Old 2006-02-08, 23:24   Link #10
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
How many volumes have been released so far?

and when will the next one be released?
Educate thyself.
Old 2006-02-09, 09:47   Link #11
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I should had specified how many volumes have been released in Japan?

and when will the next one is going to be released in Japan?
Old 2006-02-09, 10:20   Link #12
Ialdaboth

Volume 10 was released last july according to Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/4847035097

Volumes are released each 6 months or so.
Old 2006-02-09, 17:37   Link #13
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Just to clarify: Tokyopop has released an English version of Tsukuyomi Moon Phase ... volume 1 came out in December. Check out the Tokyopop site or Barnes&Noble

The Japanese version comes out every 3-6 months or so... kind of hard to keep track of... I have 1-10 in JP ... and no. 1 in english. I usually keep an eye on Wani Books and amazon.co.jp ... sometimes nippon-exports.com.

Which reminds me I need to send out a probe for Moon Phase and Mahoraba this weekend..... its been about 4 months since the latter's last release.
Old 2006-02-12, 12:23   Link #14
AtmaWeapon

I loved the anime, and just recently decided to collect the manga. Where i am(Canada) the 1st volume is available, the 2nd very soon. I thought there were only 3 books in this series? I'm confused. Sorry, i read through this thread, but it wasn't absolutely clear to me what the situation is. It's just that i was totally convinced that there was only 3 books.

I leafed through the manga, and decided that it was pretty parallel to the anime. Kouhei does not look the same in the manga as he dos in the anime. There also appears to be some fanservice in the manga that was absent in the anime^^
Old 2006-02-13, 02:37   Link #15
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah.. people should realize the anime has a different emphasis than the manga. The anime focused on the goofiness of it all weaved into the tragedy and romance.

The manga focuses more on Kouhei's mixed feelings about being so attached to a young teen like Hazuki. He thinks he should wait til she's older to become romantic but these visions of "being with her" keep torturing him. In addition, the manga gets really, freaking dark --- especially with Kouhei's "fiancee". The japanese manga is still in progress (volume 10) and has diverged substantially from the anime at this point (but not in spirit).
The character design is a bit different but not substantially. I'm interested in seeing how Tokyopop handles the translations.
Old 2006-02-13, 12:15   Link #16
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
yeah.. people should realize the anime has a different emphasis than the manga. The anime focused on the goofiness of it all weaved into the tragedy and romance.

The manga focuses more on Kouhei's mixed feelings about being so attached to a young teen like Hazuki. He thinks he should wait til she's older to become romantic but these visions of "being with her" keep torturing him. In addition, the manga gets really, freaking dark --- especially with Kouhei's "fiancee". The japanese manga is still in progress (volume 10) and has diverged substantially from the anime at this point (but not in spirit).
The character design is a bit different but not substantially. I'm interested in seeing how Tokyopop handles the translations.
I do compare the anime and the manga, however, I do so on different shades of grey.

Most people, however, will always compare anime adaptations to their manga counterparts on black and white colors.

There are some stuff in the manga that I disliked how it was treated in the anime, and the same goes viceversa.

I was able to get hold of all the rest of the volumes up to ten. I have no much interpretation of Japanese kanji, so my synopsis for the manga is based on pure guesswork on what I saw in the illustrations.

More specifically, the manga diverges from the anime at the very end of the eighth volume. The anime adapted the manga storyline up to chapter 50 (episode 23 of the anime).
The fight with the vampires ended on a different outcome.
Spoiler:

Now the differences between the anime and manga where the storyline is covered.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-02-14, 01:53   Link #17
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Exceptionally complete compare'and'contrast of the anime series and the manga-in-progress. I bow before your complete and thorough powers of documentation

comments:
Spoiler:

This looks like its going to turn into one of those series where the anime and manga are quite different but I like them both.

I'd really like to have been a fly on the wall during the anime design discussions and the decisions made.

I'm working through the novels doing my own translation, but I suspect Tokyopop will get the english versions out faster than I'm translating

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-02-14 at 02:03.
Old 2006-02-15, 13:53   Link #18
AtmaWeapon

Wow, you guys made my day, Tsukuyomi manga is not just 3 volumes! I thought it was and as a result i was dissapointed(how on earth do you do fit 24 episodes into 3 books?? ).
Still in progress.....that means we will be waiting a while for TokyoPop to have it done then...fair enough^^

I liked the dark tone of the anime, so i'm glad they are taking that farther in the manga. Although, i personally enjoyed the use of colour schemes in the dramatic/dark moments of the anime, that will be missing in the manga. The variation of the story line is also a really great thing, i'm glad they did that.

Guido, how is the fanservice compared to the anime? I think more overt, correct?

Looks like i'll be picking up the 1st voume today
Old 2006-02-15, 17:27   Link #19
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
Exceptionally complete compare'and'contrast of the anime series and the manga-in-progress. I bow before your complete and thorough powers of documentation

comments:
Spoiler:

This looks like its going to turn into one of those series where the anime and manga are quite different but I like them both.

I'd really like to have been a fly on the wall during the anime design discussions and the decisions made.

I'm working through the novels doing my own translation, but I suspect Tokyopop will get the english versions out faster than I'm translating
Your comments and compliments are quite welcomed.

I have arrangeD a list of how many chapters are categorized for each volume of the manga, as well which volume was adapted into the anime.

Spoiler:

For Vexx and everybody else you won't have to wait that long for the English translations coming forth.

At least for this year, TOKYOPOP will be releasing each volume every three months.
Volume two arrives in March.

I checked the info at Anime News Network and TokyoPOP's page.

And answering to AtmaWeapon's question, the fanservice's overt quality increases in the latter volumes. Just you wait when you get the ninth and tenth volumes and check it out for yourself.

Right now I'm waiting the arrival of the eleventh manga volume, because volume ten ended with an angsty cliffhanger.
Old 2006-02-16, 18:16   Link #20
Nayuki
Primula Who?

Second volume of TokyoPop Tsukuyomi graphic novel in english comes out in March. English dubbed anime from Funimation comes out in summer.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen