Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-12-11, 10:56   Link #221
Dxon
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stmice View Post
its really sad that i have to keep it a secret.....

but i do have to say thou most of the kids in the anime club in my highschool were absolute dorks...and i dont want to be lumped in the same group as them...cause im super shallow like that....

what we need is a celebrity who likes anime and we need him to come out his manga filled closet and give a better representation of anime viewers...example- pot belly pigs for pets is kool cause george clooney has one....we need a bad ass like brad pitt to go on oprah, MTV, and TNT and proclaim his undieing love for anime...we need a celebrity representative

instead we get geeks running in the streets with their manga practically cascading out their black "trench coat" pockets (on a serious note...wtf...people that where trench coats as a "fad" make me wanna join a cult and drink the koolaid) no offense (well i dont think i can get away with saying "no offense" after that statement)....

i mean for real why can't Wesley Snipes or Samuel L. Jackson be into anime....well billy bob thorton did the dubbs for "princess mononoke" but that still isn't enough...

i think im gonna write "in-touch" or "cosmo" and tell them to write a story on celebs that are into anime....

P.S.....for the kids that run throu the hallways wearing trench coats....for real...gimmie your name and address and i will buy you a new jacket.....i never want to see another "neo" wanna-be for the rest of my life.....i want trench coats to die...(unless its cold and its practical...but other than that die!!!)
Im not a geek and I still like Anime. Most people who dont watch anime think its for geeks. I agree with the fact that we need someone like you mentioned to say Anime is awesome or something.
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 11:02   Link #222
PastPrime

When I am too old to enjoy watching the cheerleaders at sporting events or lovely ladies at the pool or at the beach then I will be too old to watch anime. Becuse then I will either be blind or be dead.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 12:37   Link #223
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stmice View Post
...anime was always my "secret" indulgence....but after that ordeal i figured i might be to old for cartoons (btw im 19) ....thou im procrastinating im gonna delete everything soon.... .....its for the best

what got me suckered into anime was "3x3 eyes"....what a bad ass series...
Noooo! Don't delete it. Get a big external drive and put it all on that, or burn a bunch of DVDs of it and stash it somewhere safe. Then, 20 years from now, when you don't give a $h1t what other people think about you, you'll have an amazing, collection of nostalgic anime. And while you're kicking back digging on your amazing, nostalgic collection, you'll laugh at the shallow bimbos from your past who couldn't understand your genuine love of such an unbelievably cool art form.

I just watched 3x3 Eyes a couple of days ago.... the first 4 episodes. Wonderful OVA. A classic, for sure.
Mushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 13:35   Link #224
Amethyst Shizuru
Kyouen no Murasakizuishou

Send a message via AIM to Amethyst Shizuru
I personally think that you can ever be to old to watch anime. In my opinion, there is an anime out there for every age group, and its something that I know I will more than likely, never grow out of.
Amethyst Shizuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 14:25   Link #225
Dxon
Inactive Member

We all now know that there is an Anime serie for every age. Mostly not the same age same Anime but there is one out there for every age. Old, young and middle-aged. There is one out there you like.
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-11, 22:47   Link #226
gh0stmice
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HASHIRIYA View Post
soft, why should it be a secret (besides you don't even know what her secrets are). if she can't understand it thats her problem not yours. I've got it on my car and my gf has it on her bike, if anyone asks why its there i tell em. tho i do know watch ya mean

question, how is it "her problem"...no...no...no... if i dont get laid...its totally "my problem" ....where was the logic in your statement??damn and she was really cute too...by saying thats "her problem" your implying that shes missing out on something....but in real life im the one missing out....

p.s. what do you have on your car and what does she have on her bike???anime ??
gh0stmice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 06:10   Link #227
HASHIRIYA
legend in my spare time

i have Rei on the rear windscreen, she has Asakura Ryoko with a knife from which we got from a pic she found on the net printed on vinyl,

and good point i never thought of it that way... still most chicks I've dated haven't really had a problem with it
HASHIRIYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 21:59   Link #228
HikariYume

You're never too old to watch anime..My gramps is 65(i think) And he watches Naruto every thursday...
Old 2008-03-28, 22:02   Link #229
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

By the time you're dead, you'll be too old to watch anime.

That was a horrible joke, but still, I don't think there's an age where you become too old. I think once you reach a certain mindset, then you'll stop, and the mindset isn't age-dependant.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-28, 23:39   Link #230
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Believe it or not, there's a limitation on how old you need to be to watch anime. It's when you personally think that you're too old to watch anime that indicates you're too old to anime. Since you don't know when or if in the future you will think that, no one really knows how old is too old to watch anime, unless you're already thinking that right now.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 00:50   Link #231
oompa loompa

well if were aaabsooluttelyyy logical. this question is the same as ' when are you too old to stop watching tv? '
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 01:05   Link #232
Banditopants
Pathetic Wannnabe Writer

I'll never stop, my interests may change, maybe they won't time will tell, I may end up being some senile 90 year old man watching Haruhi over and over.
Banditopants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 02:59   Link #233
Irkalla
I asked for this

I think it doesn't really depend on age, more about how much time you have left to watch. So if you have time to spare, you can watch it till you die and after, if of course you're ninja enough.
Old 2008-03-29, 19:37   Link #234
UzumakiW
J-rocker

Send a message via AIM to UzumakiW Send a message via Yahoo to UzumakiW
I think the oldest to be when you're to old for anime is when you're dead.
UzumakiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 20:00   Link #235
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
IMHO, depends on what you're watching. Anime is, afterall, simply a medium just like literature and film. What defines the substance that a work has is its content.

I would say that even 14 is too old to seriously enjoy Hello Kitty. However, put a 16 year old and a 61 year old into a dark room, then show them Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. I'm pretty sure they'd both be equally creeped out.

As for "social acceptability", there really isn't very much to say IMO. Society has labeled anime "for kids" and there is little we can do to change that very fast.
Excellent post.

The type of medium used doesn't dictate the maturity level or sophistication of the content.

I would add, though, that as I get older I'll probably start to relate more and more to older fictional characters (and less and less to teenaged fictional characters).

This may impact my viewing habits a few decades down the line - it'll depend on whether or not there's any good animes out there with older main/major supporting cast characters or not.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 04:12   Link #236
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Anime is-for the most part-age independent.
Old 2008-03-30, 04:47   Link #237
Deus ex Digital Boy
21st Century Digital Boy

skipping reading anything - I'd rather be dead than not watch anything based on my own age. Does that mean I'll still be watching Kodomo no Jikan after my 18th b-day? I could answer that, but I might be arrested >_>
Deus ex Digital Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 08:43   Link #238
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I would add, though, that as I get older I'll probably start to relate more and more to older fictional characters (and less and less to teenaged fictional characters).
This is where the anime universe becomes more difficult to inhabit as you age. I've watched and enjoyed lots of shows with young protagonists, but I prefer to watch shows with adults. Despite their rarity in the past couple of seasons, there are still shows with impressive adult characters like Balsa in Seirei no Moribito or Hiroko in Hataraki Man. There are also shows where the main characters are young, but they're surrounded by adults. Ghost Hound and Shion no Ou are good current examples.

It's very rare that I'll watch a purely high-school show unless they're really top notch (School Rumble, Azumanga, Haruhi). I don't think I've watched any shows that derive from eroge, for instance, nor do I watch adolescent harem comedies. Unfortunately for me these seem to be the genres that are most popular at the moment. Still I can usually find two or three shows a season that are worth watching at my advanced age. Thank the anime gods for Noitamina.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 09:26   Link #239
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by UzumakiW View Post
I think the oldest to be when you're to old for anime is when you're dead.
Yeah.

And for example, there is Robin Williams, who just loves Evangelion.
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 09:37   Link #240
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

with SeijiSensei and Vexx on the forum, i think the answer is clear.. never too old

Quote:
Personally i think it's like any other hobby or pastimes, the more anime you watch, the more fickle you became especially once you hit the age where time is rather precious that you simply cant waste them going through stuff that doesnt interest you.