AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-07, 17:57   Link #21
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Does anyone know enough Hebrew (assuming that it really is) to verify that the subtitles are translated correctly for those lines the Cardinal Virtues delivered to Bayonetta prior to the Bosse's fight.

It will be impressive if Platinum Game went to the extend to get grammatically Hebrew to be spoken in the game just as Naughty Dogs did for Tibetan instend of some gibberlish.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 17:01   Link #22
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Just played the demo. Woa. I mean I knew what was coming .. but still what crazy shit is that? lol So damn over the top ... awesome!! Her special attacks are so damn hilarious XD Dadaism in perfection.

I don't even mind her design anymore .. which I really didn't like. Not as much the model, but the clothes or lack of said items. I just feel a bit put off when female flesh is thrown at me like that, like the game tells me that it's for guys anyway. But with Bayonetta ... it just adds to the funny
And gosh the weapons are great, too. A huge golden axe, a trumpet?

Bayonetta is a trip indeed.

Definetly on my to-buy list now! Even so, I guess I can't play longer then one hour straight without getting pain in my hand .... xD I ain't a combo pro~
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 20:22   Link #23
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i'll buy this game when its cheaper. 1. i greatly enjoyed the combat system of DMC, and this is naturally an extension of it, so i know i'll like it. 2. this game gets my loins firing.

i also laugh at people who say God of War has a better combat system than this game. they can't get their minds around using multiple combos.. (bayonetta easy mode doesn't count)

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-09, 21:53   Link #24
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

so far to me its just DMC but easier and loads of fanservice, but that dosen't mean I don't like it

lol Rodan "Whatya buyin?, Hehe I got that from a game i played"

also, I still think dante would give her a hard time in a fight. specialy a gun fight.
Old 2010-01-10, 07:37   Link #25
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

well so far they've made quite a few Capcom references, making me beleive this game was started in Capcom before switching to Sega.......

but i mean of course, Dante vs Bayonetta is gonna happen some way or another.
Old 2010-01-10, 14:37   Link #26
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Been playing the hell out of this since yestarday and loving it so far.

Some of the weapons so far seem a bit redundant tho most noticably being the whip.

I cant seem to figure out the point of it as its attacks are weak and its compo's seem very slow to pull off so its only strength from I can see it that it can hit muliply enemys per attack =s

So far i've just stuck with the guns and the sword.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-10, 14:51   Link #27
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i love using the sword and shot gun combo.
Old 2010-01-10, 15:03   Link #28
Clarste
Human

The whip can hit enemies that are on fire and pull flying enemies down to ground level. It's not bad as a weapon that you keep in your secondary set and switch to when you need, before quickly switching back.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 01:17   Link #29
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

just beat it, good game nice story, not to crazy about Rodan doing jack squat, i was hoping he'd kick SOME ass...
Old 2010-01-11, 03:21   Link #30
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Just played the demo. Woa. I mean I knew what was coming .. but still what crazy shit is that? lol So damn over the top ... awesome!! Her special attacks are so damn hilarious XD Dadaism in perfection.
Yeah, I just downloaded the demo too. Pretty awesome for what little you can actually play.
Old 2010-01-11, 06:37   Link #31
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
just beat it, good game nice story, not to crazy about Rodan doing jack squat, i was hoping he'd kick SOME ass...
Seems like you don't know he's the toughest boss in the game.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 08:10   Link #32
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Seems like you don't know he's the toughest boss in the game.
guessin he's a secret boss? That makes up for the lack of him fighting (which sucks apparenly, just another version of father old ladyman)

honestly, the game is too easy. the fact that you can dodge so much and pretty much anything and then get witch time is kinda overkill. thats the #1 thing I didnt like about this game... wel taht and the boat ass holes.... but the hardest boss is the last one because it has so much health, thats it.

overall a 9/10

btw Bayonetta's giant foot/hand w.e attacks remind me a lot of Nero's devil trigger and such.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2010-01-11 at 08:28.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 08:25   Link #33
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Earn about 10 Million Halos and you get to fight him to complete the listing of Enemies in your notes. He really puts your limits to the test and you get the ultimate weapon by defeating him.

And also, Rodin was originally conceptualise under another name during the planning phase, check it out under the Concept Arts under Extras.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 08:29   Link #34
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm...Dante VS Bayonetta: back from DMC1, the guy can survive getting stabbed through the chest with a sword, and from DMC3 his royal guard attitude makes him rather invincible...haven't played Bayonetta yet, but it seems it has a lot of positive feedback and a friend of mine said it's mostly about evade&counter. So if they were to fight each other, it would be a fight of evade VS block...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 12:03   Link #35
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Hmm...Dante VS Bayonetta: back from DMC1, the guy can survive getting stabbed through the chest with a sword, and from DMC3 his royal guard attitude makes him rather invincible...haven't played Bayonetta yet, but it seems it has a lot of positive feedback and a friend of mine said it's mostly about evade&counter. So if they were to fight each other, it would be a fight of evade VS block...
yea the doujin with the two Dante blocks Bayonetta's dragon thing with his royal guard. the only thing i could say bayonetta has on dante is the Witch time but I think Dante's devil trigger would break it.

and yea he survives being stabbed in the chest about 1 time each game

but we can all agree on Dante x Bayonetta is the ultimate cross game couple
Old 2010-01-11, 12:39   Link #36
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Definitely, he tries using his stinger and she goes evade&witch time for S&M!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:05   Link #37
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Definitely, he tries using his stinger and she goes evade&witch time for S&M!
gotta be quick, that Stinger is no fuckin joke,

also Vergil x Jaenne Bayonetta seems to be good with the katana but she's not on Vergils lvl yet.
Old 2010-01-11, 18:07   Link #38
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Just discovered you can equip durga to your feet while using the katana, How awesome is that.

Also love the added fire effects on bayonetta's hair and costume its a nice touch.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 18:33   Link #39
iwatch2muchanime
Lazy

Well you can never take specific strategies from the differnet gameplay in a multi-universe VS match here, it's gotta be a freefor all from everything you've seen either/or take in anything they've been in from game to the cutscenes lol. Can't try to play it out.
Old 2010-01-12, 01:16   Link #40
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
honestly, the game is too easy. the fact that you can dodge so much and pretty much anything and then get witch time is kinda overkill. thats the #1 thing I didnt like about this game...
Normal is rather easy, but once you go into hard you have to learn to use dodge offset to keep on comboing and the last difficulty you have no Witch Time at all.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi