AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-10-01, 01:15   Link #1
jesh462

Red face manga like Velvet kiss

I was suggested this manga by a friend and I read it on a whim. I really, really enjoyed it. I loved the long and complex story and the artwork and the fact that sex was portrayed fairly realistically. I'm looking for other manga like it.
I don't need AS MUCH sexual depiction, and honestly, I skimmed through a lot of that. I just loved the fact that here was something with decent characters and a gripping storyline with more than a smooch on the last page.
I can't wait to read your suggestions! Thanks!

p.s.
The longer the better.

Last edited by jesh462; 2012-10-01 at 01:43.
jesh462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 04:26   Link #2
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Nozoki Ana: It's about a guy and his female neighbour. One day he happens to find a hole in the wall and discovers that he can see his neighbour, just like she can. She proposes him to make a pact and be free to spy on each other, but at the same time the protagonist is dealing with other girls. It's a romance/ecchi/nearly hentai, the story is just too interesting, the girls are all cute and i loved the artwork. It's currently my favorite title and it's on the same list of Velvet Kiss. The characters are very likeable. It's very long and still on the run (95 chaps or so)
Sensen Spike hills: about two guys and a girl who plan on cheating to get in a famous university; every of them got his own life and problems, there is a romance between the protagonist and the girl and there is sex. It's still on-going and got some little action.
Kono S o, Mi yo!: It's about a guy and a weird tattoo he got on his ass; when he shows it to a girl, the girl will get horny and willing to make out with him. It may appear like some lame manga, but it's serious, since the guy doesn't really like it and struggles whether he wants to use this "trick" on the girl he loves or not.

All these titles were suggested to me by Cold-As-Ice, so the credits should go to him. He's the one currently providing me this kind of titles

PS:
Just in case you felt like being more interested in the sex part, i've got a bunch of titles that depict a lot of sex, but are more on the comedy (still not hentai).
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 13:22   Link #3
jesh462

To the PS part: no not really what I'm looking for. Thanks a bunch for the suggestions! I'll check them all out.

:update:

Wow I've read 97 chapters of Nozoki Ana and love it. You really gave me a great suggestion!

It is a little more sexual than is necessary, but I'm ok with that, none of those scenes are very long, and the plot is almost or maybe as awesome as Velvet Kiss! Thanks a lot Classified Info and I'll make sure to let you know what I think of the other suggestions too.

Last edited by jesh462; 2012-10-08 at 00:19. Reason: update
Old 2012-10-09, 00:48   Link #4
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Give Moteki a shot. Not many chapters out, but it's well-executed romance, even if the guy doesn't get exactly what he wants in the end.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 11:13   Link #5
jesh462

I read what's available for Sensen Spike hills. I'm enjoying it. It's very suspenseful. Not much romance really, it seems like for now Kukuchi is just thrown in there for the obligatory boobs. I like it a little less than Nozoki Ana. I feel Sensen Spike hills is target more at teenage boys for whatever reason.
Thanks for the suggestion frubam, I looked into Moteki.
It's cute in a kind of way that I can marvel at people like the main character and wonder how they got there. I'm really glad I'm on the 'other side'.. I guess we'll see where it goes from here.

Last edited by jesh462; 2012-10-09 at 20:03. Reason: update