AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-19, 02:14   Link #2321
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Except, you know, that didn't happen at all.
Old 2010-04-19, 02:29   Link #2322
Pika_power

It's a different viewpoint, so as long as it doesn't contradict anything, it's perfectly valid. There are ample hints of it, so it doesn't violate Knox's rules there. It's a cat box that'll be opened when/if R3 comes out. Until then, you can't deny the theory.
Pika_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 02:55   Link #2323
Shizuo
Bartender

Location: For my safety, I'm going to say Australia... Wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika_power View Post
It's a different viewpoint, so as long as it doesn't contradict anything, it's perfectly valid. There are ample hints of it, so it doesn't violate Knox's rules there. It's a cat box that'll be opened when/if R3 comes out. Until then, you can't deny the theory.
You can come up with as many theories as you'd like. But you will never get the answers in R3. Because there is going to be no R3. The creators of the show have said that a few times now.
Shizuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 05:23   Link #2324
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
The problem is that it contradicts everything. This is not a thread for discussion though so I'm just going to link you to my response to a similar discussion in the generic discussion thread. Click here.
Old 2010-04-19, 17:08   Link #2325
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
not valid.. staff even confirmed Lelouch to be dead, it is stubborn willed fans that still want him alive

next question
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 17:44   Link #2326
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuo View Post
Because there is going to be no R3.
I hope, because I'd like to see the Geass franchise / universe head in a different direction and see its concepts used in slightly more creative ways, but until we know what the soon to be announced new project is going to be...that possibility is in the air. In other words, all these denials rely on whatever Sunrise has already decided to do next. Within a few days we'll know for sure, whatever it is.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 17:48   Link #2327
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
It's a different viewpoint, so as long as it doesn't contradict anything, it's perfectly valid.
it does contradict word of god
hence, no longer valid
Old 2010-04-19, 18:03   Link #2328
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Question: How much time did Lelouch have to prepare that video to fool Shneizel? Was it something on the run or preplanned? And did his brother fell for it because he did the no.1 mistake of all villains "don't chat with the hero during a fight" or was he really being fooled by all the things in the recording?
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 18:20   Link #2329
Shizuo
Bartender

Location: For my safety, I'm going to say Australia... Wait...
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Question: How much time did Lelouch have to prepare that video to fool Shneizel? Was it something on the run or preplanned? And did his brother fell for it because he did the no.1 mistake of all villains "don't chat with the hero during a fight" or was he really being fooled by all the things in the recording?
Considering the video was recorded from the Damocles control room. He wouldn't have had much time to prepare the video. If I remember the episode right, he had about 5-10 minutes to make the video.

I'd imagine it was an on the fly kind of plan. But seeing how Lelouch has done many recordings when swapping places with C.C. Some of those made within a space of minutes. For example, at the start of R2. You could argue either way.

And about your last question, Shneizel was fooled by it. But again, I guess you could argue either way. I personally can't see any one specific character being the hero or villain, because each character has moments of heroism and moments where they perform some pretty extreme acts of evil.
Shizuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 18:24   Link #2330
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
he needed to film it in Shneizel's control room on the damocles
so he had to run to the office after gino blew up the shinkiro, record the message (including predicting EVERYTHING Shneizel would say, down to how long it would take him to say it)
then transmit it to the shuttle bay
then run all the way from there to the shuttle, geass the guards, and lay in wait
and he did all this, while Shneizel was IN THE ELEVATOR HEADING FOR THE SHUTTLE BAY !!!

unless the damocles was modeled after the the Citadel from Mass Effect, him getting there on time makes absolutely no sense
but thats OK
NOTHING about that scene makes any sense
Old 2010-04-19, 18:38   Link #2331
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
he needed to film it in Shneizel's control room on the damocles
so he had to run to the office after gino blew up the shinkiro, record the message (including predicting EVERYTHING Shneizel would say, down to how long it would take him to say it)
then transmit it to the shuttle bay
then run all the way from there to the shuttle, geass the guards, and lay in wait
and he did all this, while Shneizel was IN THE ELEVATOR HEADING FOR THE SHUTTLE BAY !!!

unless the damocles was modeled after the the Citadel from Mass Effect, him getting there on time makes absolutely no sense
but thats OK
NOTHING about that scene makes any sense
In other words, long ass elevator rides.

Maybe Spinzaku carried him with his amazing physique? Because we all know how much Lelouch fails at anything physical (From running to making a trap pit from lifting heavy objects and so on.)

...Still, I lol
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 18:39   Link #2332
roriconfan
Banned

Ι see. Yet another bullcrap about this series as I imagined.
No wait, Lelouch geassed time to go slower for him...

Has anyone made a page listing all the BS in this series? If not, will making a topic about it be considered blasphemy and perm ban since it is impossible to blame the best anime of all times?
Old 2010-04-19, 18:43   Link #2333
Xander

You're not exactly discovering the New World here, you know. Plenty of people have discussed such things before.

That question isn't a new one, the consensus is there really wasn't much of chance for Lelouch to record that (assuming it matters in this wacky, fictional show to begin with...even the creators admit that there are many things in Code Geass that only work in anime).

I remember the subject was debated back when the show was airing and, at most, you can argue that Schneizel is actually so (deceptively) simpleminded that when you tear away his mask, so to speak, Lelouch could read his personality (lack of ambition and all that jazz) like a book, but even that is a stretch.

It's not a matter of not making sense, as such, as much as it is completely unrealistic and impossible to replicate in the real world. Episode 8 of R2 spells that out.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-19, 18:57   Link #2334
roriconfan
Banned

Ok but I will raeg anyone who still has it top 10 and doesn't admit the above.
And they just recommended this to me; really funny. Most points were in my CG review as well.
http://moesucks.wordpress.com/2009/0...e-geass-sucks/
Old 2010-04-19, 19:21   Link #2335
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

And that has nothing to do with the point of this thread. As has been mentioned before, this isn't the "Bitch about Code Geass" thread so take it elsewhere.
Old 2010-04-20, 02:56   Link #2336
roriconfan
Banned

Ok, here is another question then. Why is Suzaku allowed to be part of so many important Britannia plans if he is seen as a inferior Eleven by the Britannian people? Although not all of them are so racists, the higher ups definitely are and would never allow that. And besides, why would they make him a knight for betraying his father? No one makes a knight out of a traitor. And even if they didn’t know that, no one makes a Knight of Round out of someone who betrayed his best friend.

Let me guess, because it was cool and a convenient element so a rival would enter the story?
Old 2010-04-20, 10:43   Link #2337
Betteroffer

Quote:
Ok, here is another question then. Why is Suzaku allowed to be part of so many important Britannia plans if he is seen as a inferior Eleven by the Britannian people? Although not all of them are so racists, the higher ups definitely are and would never allow that. And besides, why would they make him a knight for betraying his father? No one makes a knight out of a traitor. And even if they didn’t know that, no one makes a Knight of Round out of someone who betrayed his best friend.

Let me guess, because it was cool and a convenient element so a rival would enter the story?
Could you elaborate on some of these instances? From what I recall, Suzaku was mostly let in due to being the best/only possible pilot for the Lancelot. Even then, he was openly kept out of some engagements precisely because he was an Eleven, and used as a decoy for the others.

In Kawaguchi, Cornelia planned to use him as fodder for the Raikou, she shelved him entirely in Narita; it was Euphemia who deployed him, on the docks and with Tohdoh's execution he was employed as part of sadistic tests of his loyalty likely hoping he would break down and quit*, on Shikine Schneizel ordered him to hold Zero until they blew the area up with missles, and he was then ordered to go solo into Kyushu, with Lelouch commenting on it being a suicide mission. Cornelia only formally acknowledged him on top of the Government Building during the Black Rebellion after she had lost Euphemia and learned Lelouch was Zero. Duress was certainly a factor.

In R2 he was a Rounds so no one could touch him without being executed (almost literally). Kannon remarked at one point that even Schneizel could not punish him when the charge against him was suspected treason, something even nobility doesn't protect one from.

As for trust, Rohmeyer still didn't seem to, and Bismarck heavily implied that Charles would never promote Suzaku to Knight of One, precisely because of his treachery, meaning that Charles was basically using his skills as a fighter.

* In the Japanese version, rather than Lloyd saying "Onward Christian soldier" he remarks about the operation being a "fumie" for Suzaku, which was the historical act of making suspected Christians step on an image of Jesus or Mary to prove they were not Christian, as the faith was outlawed in Japan for a while.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-20, 11:18   Link #2338
roriconfan
Banned

So his skills were enough to dismiss racial and trust issues?
Old 2010-04-20, 16:55   Link #2339
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
In ep 1 if I even remember correctly, Loyd and Cecil were actually looking for him to pilot Lancelot. In the army Suzaku probably had a high score in KMF training but back then he was still a rookie, a private doing that which others told him.. there were also script rumors about his skills being inhuman with hints that there was more to it than it seemed but they never went into that (probably scrapped when Sunrise waved a no-no and demanded a rerite)
Suzaku is and always has been Japans version of the US jarhead
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-21, 00:26   Link #2340
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It's not clear they were trying to find Suzaku. They were trying to find their pilot but everyone had been deployed. Suzaku just happened to come back. Elevens aren't allowed to pilot Knightmares, so it would make no sense for him to test in a skill he would never be allowed to put to use.

Quote:
This reeks of willful story ignorance, I have to stay. They made an effort not to include him. Cornelia kept him out of most engagements, and those he was sent on amounted to suicide missions almost every time. The few times it wasn't were either her subordinates being charitable or Euphemia granting him a pass. He lucked out in meeting her.

For the traitor bit, no one knew he killed his father, and he got promoted precisely because his backstabbing impressed the Emperor.

Tags
q&a