AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-24, 10:23   Link #2861
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Does anybody happen to have a list of what years the various Numbers were activated?
Old 2011-01-24, 10:58   Link #2862
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Oh, I do! I do!

Uno - Manufactured - 0051 Spring
Due - Manufactured - 0052 Spring
Tre - Manufactured - 0055 Summer
Quattro - Manufactured - 0061 Autumn
Cinque - Manufactured - 0060 Winter
Sein - Manufactured - 0061 Spring
Sette - Manufactured - 0075 Summer
Otto - Manufactured - 0075 Summer
Nove - Manufactured - 0069 Summer
Dieci - Manufactured - 0061 Spring
Wendi - Manufactured - 0069 Spring
Deed - Manufactured - 0075 Summer

The numbers for Dieci and Wendi were a bit blurry, they made it look like they were manufactured in 0051. Which goes against Canon in Wendi's case, since she said that she and Nove came online practically at the same time, Nove was first though.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Old 2011-01-24, 11:10   Link #2863
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
Oh, I do! I do!

Uno - Manufactured - 0051 Spring
Due - Manufactured - 0052 Spring
Tre - Manufactured - 0055 Summer
Quattro - Manufactured - 0061 Autumn
Cinque - Manufactured - 0060 Winter
Sein - Manufactured - 0061 Spring
Sette - Manufactured - 0075 Summer
Otto - Manufactured - 0075 Summer
Nove - Manufactured - 0069 Summer
Dieci - Manufactured - 0061 Spring
Wendi - Manufactured - 0069 Spring
Deed - Manufactured - 0075 Summer

The numbers for Dieci and Wendi were a bit blurry, they made it look like they were manufactured in 0051. Which goes against Canon in Wendi's case, since she said that she and Nove came online practically at the same time, Nove was first though.
Thanks! And as for Wendi... hmmm... maybe that means that she was built or at least started before Nove, but activated later?
Old 2011-01-24, 11:27   Link #2864
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

In StrikerS Lutecia was shown to be capable of teleporting Gadget Drones, but could she actually teleport herself?
Old 2011-01-24, 11:34   Link #2865
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
In StrikerS Lutecia was shown to be capable of teleporting Gadget Drones, but could she actually teleport herself?
Never shown.

We know that by the time ViVid rolls around, Caro teleported Einhart across the battlefield.

I'm pretty sure that Lutecia, being S rank to Caro's A+ rank, can probably do it. We just never see it.

Old 2011-01-24, 11:42   Link #2866
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Send a message via ICQ to al103
Actually it was heavily implied in one of dialogs that Lu teleported herself and accompanying numbers. One with empty relic case IIRC.

PS. Just checked. Ep.12. Lu, Tre, Quattro, Dieci, Sein in corridor

Sein: "We are finally back"
Tre: "It's thanks to your mass teleportation spell, oujo"

So she teleported at least Numbers, and I dunno how she would be with them if she didn't teleport herself too, so most likely she did teleport herself.

PPS. There is rank and there is specialization. I think Caro actually can do it too... she teleport Voltaire from entirely other planet after all. It's combat rank anyway, Yuuno is low on his too - and he is teleporter.

PS. Also Nanoha/job, Honor/job and Rein/Agito.
PPS. Proud Athrun/Cagalli/Meyrin shipper.
Old 2011-01-24, 11:42   Link #2867
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
We know that by the time ViVid rolls around, Caro teleported Einhart across the battlefield.
Ah yes, during the mock battle we've seen Caro teleporting Einhart for healing, but can she teleport herself out of harms way? Or maybe recall-ing is easier since she doesn't have to do the extra work of figuring out the destination point?
Old 2011-01-24, 12:00   Link #2868
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Actually judging by fact that Yuuno teleported himself with Arf and not just Arf along in first season teleporting others without yourself is harder.

Old 2011-01-24, 12:06   Link #2869
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

I see. Another thing, do they need to scry for the destination point before teleporting or can they blind-jump? And what's the limits of Nanoha-verse teleportation? Range, personal barriers (for offensive use like stealing linker cores), visibility of start and end points, etc?
Old 2011-01-24, 12:16   Link #2870
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Quote:
I see. Another thing, do they need to scry for the destination point before teleporting or can they blind-jump?
They don't need to scry... but only confirmed teleport to unknown location was "n km UP" of Defense Program core - in which case they didn't care for it's safety. They need to set where to teleport anyway.

Quote:
And what's the limits of Nanoha-verse teleportation? Range,
Confirmed transdimensional and at least orbital ranges. Teleporting on such distances is NOT instant though. Or even fast. Summoners being only known exception I think.

Quote:
personal barriers (for offensive use like stealing linker cores),
They destroyed all protection first to force-teleport BoD Defense Program core. Besides that - nothing is clear.

Quote:
visibility of start and end points, etc?
Visibility is not important... but you need either set coordinates or vector like they did with Defense Program. It's not clear about starting point for summoners and they summons but act on constant link with summons I think.

Old 2011-01-24, 12:54   Link #2871
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Summoners are rather special, though.

But as for hard limits on teleportation, I suppose it would just depend on mage. Theoretically, with enough magic, a mage could probably teleport a planet from one system to another, but they'd have to be super powerful.

Realistically speaking, most mages could probably teleport anywhere from a dozen meters, to a dozen kilometers. Of course, I kinda feel there is a bit of a difference between teleporting, and dimensional transferring, which is what Vita and the Wolkenritter did to move to other planets. Chrono also mentions that they had to set up teleportation relays in order to jump between the Naval station and Earth, so ranges can be extended with magitech.

And I'd assume that they might have to have at least some knowledge of the terrain, but it might not be needed. Part of the magic could involve "seeing" the place they will end up with magic.

In short, you have a lot of leeway to use teleportation, since all mages are different (barring the red shirts, heh).
Old 2011-01-24, 13:49   Link #2872
Arkeus

Speed of Teleportation also vary on the Mage, though it's probably not a power thing.

We do know that in A's, it would be mostly impossibly for someone to teleport from Nanoha's fight with vita to Fate's fight with Signum on time (hence the clue about being two 'masked man').
Old 2011-01-27, 18:17   Link #2873
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Question: Just where exactly was the Saint's Cradle launched on Mid-Childa? I recall some hidden forest but that was it. Was it relatively close to the capital city Cranagan?

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Old 2011-01-27, 18:19   Link #2874
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Question: Just where exactly was the Saint's Cradle launched on Mid-Childa? I recall some hidden forest but that was it. Was it relatively close to the capital city Cranagan?
Never really said, but we do see several scenes of the Cradle flying over Clanagan. So it had to be somewhere nearby.
Old 2011-01-27, 19:24   Link #2875
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

there's data about the name of Zest's attacks? I'm looking more specifically for the quick dash i fan-nicknamed "instant approach strike"that he uses as his trump card to defeat Vita.

the wikia only emntions about Zest's spear power to reach it's maximum powrr instantly but i don't know if it's the same thing). Saiod function is called "Grenzpunkt" or "Limiting Point",

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-01-28, 03:28   Link #2876
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
The Japanese wiki has some information on the geographical divisions of Mid-Childa (such as North = Saint Church domain), and I think the Cradle and Scaglietti's bunker were buried underneath the least populated "Eastern" portion of the planet, whereas Cranagan is located in the middle portion.
Old 2011-01-28, 12:01   Link #2877
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
there's data about the name of Zest's attacks? I'm looking more specifically for the quick dash i fan-nicknamed "instant approach strike"that he uses as his trump card to defeat Vita.

the wikia only emntions about Zest's spear power to reach it's maximum powrr instantly but i don't know if it's the same thing). Saiod function is called "Grenzpunkt" or "Limiting Point",
Nothing much is mentioned, other than it seems like it's Zest's "Full Drive".
Old 2011-01-29, 07:49   Link #2878
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
So what's the actual name of '' Raising Heart '' ? The subs in first season say Raging Heart, then 2nd and 3rd season and movie has Raising Heart, but the Nanoha Type magazine says Raiging Heart o.o.

There were also some other name differences in the Nanoha Type when compared to the names used in the subs ...
Old 2011-01-29, 09:38   Link #2879
al103
Grumpy Russian bear

Historically speaking - RaiSing Heart. But usual fan pandering...

Old 2011-01-29, 10:57   Link #2880
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
So what's the actual name of '' Raising Heart '' ? The subs in first season say Raging Heart, then 2nd and 3rd season and movie has Raising Heart, but the Nanoha Type magazine says Raiging Heart o.o.

There were also some other name differences in the Nanoha Type when compared to the names used in the subs ...
Quote:
The name of Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha's signature weapon is レイジングハート, which can be transliterated as either reijing haato, "Raging Heart", or as reizing haato, "Raising Heart". The Word Of God is that the latter is correct. The main issue here is that spoken Japanese makes no distinction between the "ji" and "zi" syllables, as the latter doesn't exist. Thus both "Raging" and "Raising" are pronounced as "Raging".

For added confusion, the English dub switches from "Raging" to "Raising" at the beginning of the second season— and the subtitles for the first season switch back and forth!
From Here.

Edit: A friend of mine goes RaiseRaging Heart.

Closed Thread