AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-08, 09:39   Link #16121
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerys View Post
i have a feeling GREMLIN want to recreate fiamma plan. Like change the world by preparing a temple filled with strange power.
If there's anything they want to recreate, it's [Gungnir]... And I doubt it's for Aesthetic purposes.

But still, the Leader of Gremlin is the Magic God, that's some serious mojo already in the same league as [La Persona superiore a Dio] and [System], why would he need Gungnir and the Final Rune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
She pointed out the Kazakiri's core was on a different place and thought a solution to sabe LO with some little info about brains and even analyzed Curtana Original in no time and interecepted it to allow Acqua to throw Touma via Ascalon. I agree that her could have been very valuable this volume regarding a russian magician.
I think it's the same with the [Stab Sword] incident, the Author took Index out of the picture to allow for the mystery of the spell to carry on and for the rest of the characters to play Detective.
Old 2012-01-08, 09:50   Link #16122
Miraluka
Banned

But, I was bored with Daihaiseisai (I'm sure I wasn't the only one), and I expected RCC plan to fail to begin with so the mistery didn't work on me at least.

Why not trying to make up a excuse to leave her behind?, at least Daihaisesai kept Index more or less busy as cheerleader...
Old 2012-01-08, 09:57   Link #16123
desrtsku
Nympholept

The Daihaseisai didn't bother me ... at least the novel didn't, the actual problem was its anime adaptation >_>
Also, after reading the epilogue I changed my mind ... I'll go with the wardrobe, at least Cendrillon won't be far away from clothes related stuffs and may still be used for magical purposes >_>
Old 2012-01-08, 09:58   Link #16124
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I certainly wasn't bored reading the Daihaiseisai since it was pretty much an episode of [24] Index style. And the mystery wasn't about the Cross working or not, it was about how they were going to make it work. Likewise this volume is another cat-and-mouse spy games.

(And whether you were bored or not had nothing to do with it, stay on topic.)

The excuse is pretty simple, I've already said that Index is like Last Order and Rikou, she's not someone that Kamijou would want to take to the frontlines, all those other times was because of Necessarius' orders.
Old 2012-01-08, 09:59   Link #16125
Ilidsor
Angelerator

How come the epilogue didn't show Accelerator or Hamazura's reactions to the news? The book just sort of forgot about them

Quote:
There always will appear more contradictions like the one about the railgun on the bridge.
Touma actually blocked the railgun in both the LN and he railgun manga though. It just didn't happen on screen in the LN.
Quote:
Yesterday, Kamijou used his right hand to block every single one of Mikoto’s attacks, including the "Railgun", a "whip sword" formed by iron sand, a powerful electromagnetic pulse that targets the organs, and the final move: real "lightning".
Old 2012-01-08, 10:01   Link #16126
Miraluka
Banned

Maybe, but with Touma or without him Index will be drawn to the conflict because of her vast knowledge by her organization/country or the current enemy there is no doubt about that.
Old 2012-01-08, 10:01   Link #16127
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
How come the epilogue didn't show Accelerator or Hamazura's reactions to the news? The book just sort of forgot about them
They're not as important

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Maybe, but with Touma or without him Index will be drawn to the conflict because of her vast knowledge by her organization or the current enemy there is no doubt about that.
Until then I guess...
Old 2012-01-08, 10:04   Link #16128
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

What are your ratings for NT3?
Old 2012-01-08, 10:06   Link #16129
Miraluka
Banned

Good beginning, the mid part was more or less average, the consequence at the end was good tough.

6.5/10

Quote:
The brown girl looked over to see an unnatural object approaching. It looked like a drum made of black stone.
Mjolnir?
Old 2012-01-08, 10:12   Link #16130
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Touma actually blocked the railgun in both the LN and he railgun manga though. It just didn't happen on screen in the LN.
Yeah that's true but, the railgun wasn't supposed to be thrown before their little chat ...
Old 2012-01-08, 10:21   Link #16131
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
What are your ratings for NT3?
I think people let too much of a fuzz for the ending.

The story is fast pace and exciting, from the start we're thrown right into the heat of battle and the action just kept coming, there was never a dull moment and even the magic exposition didn't drag too long. Though I have to admit, a major portion of the fun comes from seeing Kamachi's interpretation of his America I probably should know better by now, but I'm surprise of the lack of obvious Kamijou/Mikoto interact besides the midair battle and at the end, Worst of course is on the roll this volume as she trolls with everyone not named 'Accelerator', 'Touma' or 'Birdway'... Though the latter was only spared because they never met. Kuroyoru was of course the butt of the jokes.

I would give it a 8/10.

If the ending seems abrupt, it's probably because the story has only just begun, New Testament 4 in two months time, see you there!
Old 2012-01-08, 10:27   Link #16132
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

For me personally, I would give this volume 8/10.

The overall plot was nice, along with the twists in the epilogue. I makes me look forward to what will happen next volume. The plot moved at a good pace, though some parts felt a little to fast

The Gremlins members the group faced had interesting magic, and I like how they were beaten, even in the explanation could have been better.

The President of the United states was awesome. The characters interactions were also great.

The biggest flaws of this volume were how fast things ended, leaving things unaccounted for (rest of the Kamijo Faction), and some more description about the battlefield would have helped.
Old 2012-01-08, 10:44   Link #16133
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
For me personally, I would give this volume 8/10.

The overall plot was nice, along with the twists in the epilogue. I makes me look forward to what will happen next volume. The plot moved at a good pace, though some parts felt a little to fast

The Gremlins members the group faced had interesting magic, and I like how they were beaten, even in the explanation could have been better.

The President of the United states was awesome. The characters interactions were also great.

The biggest flaws of this volume were how fast things ended, leaving things unaccounted for (rest of the Kamijo Faction), and some more description about the battlefield would have helped.
Problem is that things haven't really ended for this arc.
Old 2012-01-08, 11:05   Link #16134
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

If I had to rate NT3, I'd give it a 8/10. It was fast paced, and the plot was nice and tight, though there were little gaps that were overlooked, but all in all, it was very good.

I'm especially pleased at the mention of Brunhild, since I was hoping she would return.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2012-01-08, 11:12   Link #16135
tsunade666

it didn't end yet but more description or details in the work would help a lot. If Kamachi can expand GRS in 10 volumes with 13-22 with little or different arc compromising it. I think he can extend this one too. First America, Hawaii then into the executive country or back ups of academy city. It looks like they are being targeted because they possess a potential to be another power house if they combined their strength. Then also the main players of Gremlin aren't shown yet. Only Odin was named so far as a big hitter but it looks like the one who controls or create Mjolnir is a big hitter too if he can destroy something as huge as

Quote:
. Our output is great enough to roast the snake that wraps around the world.
or what ever that is. What is that snake to begin with? snake ... dragon? leyline? the leyline is also dragon path or chi or something. I'm not good at that one.

A contender for an opponent for Mikoto.

Problems in details is my most complain in the book. I actually liked vol 2 with the explanation of magic than this vol. Then I was also surprised that I missed Index. Maybe I feared that Touma will die after he comes back home because their is a hunger munchdex waiting for him. And seriously the problem with not bringing in front lines can be overcome by using of phone. Even Index said that at the end of daihaseisai and it's America. If it had tons of guns. It also has tons of phone or internet.

Nothing much to complain aside a bit forceful character in some scenes. It just felt unnatural and more like forceful act of badass moments and it doesn't suit with me. It look cool and all but if you look and understand it. It just isn't right. The president is a wacko and cool guy. So broskander is the prez of America. Great where is your gay velvet. Wait he resurrect into a girl!!! finally not a trap. The holy grail is indeed useful. Funny president but far from real but at least funny and entertaining and that's what it counts.

And finally with lots of illustrations for Mikoto and some other character but we DON'T HAVE AN ILLUSTRATIONS FOR TONS OF NEW CHARACTER that shows up. I know they probably 1 time show only but at least show some sketch for them.

The last moments also show of Touma ditching Mikoto -_- And I'm calling it that Mikoto would chase him again because Touma is being an idiot again trying to do it all on his own.

Quote:
I cannot allow someone who would go that far for me to get wrapped up in all this.
I really do need to settle this on my own.
This idiot needs a leash. Mikoto should buy a leash instead of those charms. Charms won't work on this guy because he will just negate it. Learn from Gremlin and use the normal way.

And I wonder what the heck is Aleister watching right now. Knowing him, his probably watching the development inside his test tube. But since his in bind right now. He can't do anything.

EDIT:

I forgot the rate. Probably ... 7/10 or maybe 8 .... nah 7 is fine.

Hyouka should fly into america and join with Touma Touma might be able to ditch a brat that stalks you but not an artificial angel.
Old 2012-01-08, 11:17   Link #16136
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
or what ever that is. What is that snake to begin with? snake ... dragon? leyline? the leyline is also dragon path or chi or something. I'm not good at that one.
Jörmungandr, the the son of Loki who grew so large that he was able to surround the Earth and grasp his own tail. When he lets go, the world is supposed to end. As a result, he received the name of the Midgard Serpent or World Serpent.
Old 2012-01-08, 11:33   Link #16137
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I'll give it a 7 out of 10. It was good but there was a lot of character interactions that I've been looking forward too that were just sort of rushed over (Misaka metting Accelerator mostly).
Old 2012-01-08, 11:56   Link #16138
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Jörmungandr, the the son of Loki who grew so large that he was able to surround the Earth and grasp his own tail. When he lets go, the world is supposed to end. As a result, he received the name of the Midgard Serpent or World Serpent.
It's a snake? and it's so long that it can wrap the whole world? that means Mjolnr is that powerful? And this snake reminds me of oroburos or what ever the spelling is.
Old 2012-01-08, 12:04   Link #16139
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It's a snake? and it's so long that it can wrap the whole world? that means Mjolnr is that powerful? And this snake reminds me of oroburos or what ever the spelling is.
I think it means that there is enough power to destroy the world. Also, it's Ouroboros.
Old 2012-01-08, 12:39   Link #16140
cleed

Did anybody else get the idea the Touma called or will call Kuroko to take Mikoto bake to AC? seems very likley.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen