AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-10, 13:58   Link #61
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, I re-analyzed something and I must correct one thing that I said.

Paul may or may NOT be a 9Dragon. Since both Shinra and Jeeha have stated that he seems closer to Directer Fire Dragon than to Vera, him being an actual 9D member is up in the air.

Ganryong might side with the 9 Dragons but he still believes in his own path - as long as the 9 Dragons are committed to stopping Reunion, he'll stay on.

Rud did beat Guhoo for him but while Guhoo is in Isolation, Rud is still injured - Rud will fully recover a while before Guhoo is let out. The time in Isolation is actually Vera's way of making sure that he has enough time, undisturbed, to fully master the Iron Shirt form plus whatever technique Vera gave him to study. She knows that Rud is both driven to beat Guhoo and that he's also a great tactical fighter. She needs both Guhoo and Shinra to be in top form for when she needs them while she doesn't care about Rud or Jeeha getting their training done.

And Honse probably told Rud about the 'half-step' technique and Rud learned the rest on his own - he's a self-made man.
Old 2009-04-10, 14:17   Link #62
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

hehe was gonna mention that I wasn't sure Paul was part of the "9 Dragons" and was more in league with Vera, which I think he shows up in volume 7. Well it seems like it is him but not sure.

The "half-step" move I believe is common knowlegde to Reunion, well at least knowledge to the higher up.
I think most poeple see it as an too simple and uneeded move compared to other techniques.

gotta love basics, its great stuff

oh next chapter has some great Honse moments, the guy is a legend!
Old 2009-04-11, 13:00   Link #63
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Just saw volume 8

Spoiler:

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2009-04-11, 14:34   Link #64
Xion Valkyrie

For a long time I thought the half-step was something written in the secret arts manual DoHyup gave to him all the way back in chapter 15ish, but I guess that was just Honse pretending it was from the manual in order to teach him?

Seems like there should be at least SOMETHING useful from the manual for him to learn though.
Old 2009-04-11, 16:06   Link #65
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

The manual IS very useful - just not to a thug fighter like Ganryong. ^^ It's like teaching a breakdancer tapdancing instead of caoperia. Tapdancing is really cool, but it makes more sense for a breakdancer to learn the caoperia beginning steps.

Spoiler for Vol 8:
Old 2009-04-11, 16:18   Link #66
Xion Valkyrie

So does he ever learn anything from the manual?

Anyways, I'm pretty glad the scanlation for the series is really fast.
Old 2009-04-11, 17:46   Link #67
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
The manual IS very useful - just not to a thug fighter like Ganryong. ^^ It's like teaching a breakdancer tapdancing instead of caoperia. Tapdancing is really cool, but it makes more sense for a breakdancer to learn the caoperia beginning steps.

Spoiler for Vol 8:

Spoiler for vol 8:
Old 2009-04-11, 18:01   Link #68
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Wait is Vera in love with Madako or is Madoka inlove with Vera? I might be getting the wrong ideas but so far the conversation mentioned Yuri so I just assumed.
Old 2009-04-11, 18:04   Link #69
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Wait is Vera in love with Madako or is Madoka inlove with Vera? I might be getting the wrong ideas but so far the conversation mentioned Yuri so I just assumed.
Yuri or Yoori is Vera's older sister

....but if I had to guess I'd say Vera is tsun for Madoka

....well I wish she was

....well actaully if I was wishing I would wish Vera was tsun for me!!!
Old 2009-04-11, 18:25   Link #70
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

You can keep Vera's 'tsun' all you want - that kind of 'tsun' is too dangerous for mortal men.

And let's call the elder sister 'Yoori' so it won't be confused with yuri... BTW Madoka's one of Vera's oldest friends so naturally Vera is protective of her. Besides, Vera still whispers 'Yoocheon' at night and when she wakes up so, she's just a little hung up about the guy who nearly killed her.
Old 2009-04-11, 20:07   Link #71
Wargumm1i
Hentai

So there is no hint that Madoka is inlove with our main character Ganryong?
Old 2009-04-11, 21:24   Link #72
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
So there is no hint that Madoka is inlove with our main character Ganryong?
well I haven't picked up any hints that Madoka is in love, I think at best she has a slight fondness for Gan. I hope it develops somewhat but outright falling in love seems kinda outta place for time being.

oh and what I meant to say before is

....well actaully if I was wishing I would wish Vera and Madoka was tsun for me!!!

and no worries, I know Vera's weakness she has a thing for Kuma-kuns!!
Old 2009-04-11, 21:36   Link #73
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I find it annoying that the main character is so so weak and nobody actually likes him.
Old 2009-04-11, 21:53   Link #74
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
I find it annoying that the main character is so so weak and nobody actually likes him.
Well, he's growing stronger pretty quickly. Where would all the fun be if the main character starts out godly?

Also, he's probably one of the most direct mains I've seen. He pretty much speaks what's on his mind, and sees things for what they are. He's a no-bullshit character, and I find that pretty refreshing.
Old 2009-04-11, 22:04   Link #75
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Well, this is a shounen-type story...

And Ganryong isn't weak, he's just in a school full of monsters. What he needs the most is time to perfect EOTL but he's a warmonger. Him getting into a fight is the easiest thing in the world.

As for any romance in the story - it's all about powerplays for now. I suppose we're used to seeing 'Aflame Inferno', 'Freezing' and 'Zero' - manwha with a small portion dedicated to fleshing out possible romances. Veritas has none of that.

For Madoka, Shinra let a hint out as to why she doesn't have a harem of men at her beck and call - no one in the school will shake her hand (comfortably) except Vera. She's not someone to mess with despite her flirty/playful behavior.
Old 2009-04-12, 00:01   Link #76
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Well, he's growing stronger pretty quickly. Where would all the fun be if the main character starts out godly?
I see you haven't read AIKI. Love how much a bastard the main character in AIKI is towards he's opponents he beats the shit out of them with no remorse.
Old 2009-04-12, 04:36   Link #77
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
I see you haven't read AIKI. Love how much a bastard the main character in AIKI is towards he's opponents he beats the shit out of them with no remorse.
I actually do read AIKI. AIKI gets around the fact that the main is incredibly powerful by making most of the fights involve his "apprentices". He rarely fights. He also sort of shares the splotlight with the girls.

Not saying that having a super powerful main character from the beginning wouldn't work, because there's plenty of Manga involving incredibly powerful main characters that work very well (such as Kenshin).
Old 2009-04-12, 11:29   Link #78
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
He isn't as weak as he seems though. And frankly, considering he's spent most of his time by himself and his abrasive nature, it's only natural that people don't really like him.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2009-04-12, 12:37   Link #79
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I actually really like Gan's attitude and abilites more right now compared to dude from AIKI.
Gan isn't like the crazy ruthless thug-like super powered main or the weak minded emo super power mains, hes a quite nice balance which is never really seen or done well IMO
Old 2009-04-12, 12:55   Link #80
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Gan wants L.T.'s kind of strength. The kind that if you had half a brain, you'd know just by looking at him that you shouldn't fight him.

Besides, we all feel like we want to punch someone sometimes just because they annoy the heck out of us but not in the society as it is today. We can't give someone their well-deserved beatdown because they'll run and cry to whoever that they are being beaten and then they'll try to sue us for whatever bone-headed reason (Yes, I've had to deal with this before - it makes one put off learning martial arts in the first place). But certain types of people will abuse power in whatever form they can get it in - which makes it harder to get to those people because of all the rules and laws and whatnot around them.

Tags
action, fantasy, martial arts, shounen, supernatural