*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo
Start then..
I'd like to hear it..
katiemirmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 08:28   Link #124
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i just read the summeries of the books and all i can say is taht very anticlimactic. i mean i exepected it to be something, well..... else., more grand, epic. it's fairly ordenery.

Last edited by kayote; 2009-11-28 at 09:54.
kayote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 10:40   Link #125
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
A real vampire is Dracula, Nosferatur, Alucard.
And Eric Northman

Spoiler for Best Vampire Ever:
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 11:24   Link #126
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemirmo View Post
Start then..
I'd like to hear it..
You sure? I can really rant on the subject of Bella/Edward in so many ways.
Old 2009-11-28, 12:26   Link #127
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
You sure? I can really rant on the subject of Bella/Edward in so many ways.
I'd like to hear from you, too

Begin! XD
Old 2009-11-28, 13:35   Link #128
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Spoiler for if only:

Go ahead and rant, I hate those fagpires in so many ways, it is entertaining to hear this
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 14:26   Link #129
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Remember that you asked for it.

Now, granted, I won't touch on the whole Dues Ex Machina that is "OMG we just met and have known each other for two weeks but you're my one true love!111!!1" that was a majority of Bella's reaction to Edward. Note, of course, how quickly they 'fall in love'; there is no real build-up, no real bonding, they just are suddenly in a meadow and declaring their love for each other. Right.

But MY personal issue: Edward/Bella is the poster child of an abusive, controlling relationship.

Bella's whole world revolves around Edward. As soon as she gets with him, she spends more time with the Cullens and less time with her human friends and family; hell, she's cold to her own dad! Bella is dependent on Edward to the point of obsession, and that isn't healthy. If she can't have Edward, woe is her, because life isn't worth living without her cold, hard, sparkling marble man. And note that as soon as she decides to marry him and become a vampire, that's it: no college, no future, nothing.

Edward. Oh, Eddy, have I got a bone to pick with you. Watching your loved one sleep? Not extremely creepy. Sneaking into her window to watch her sleep all night, every night before you even date? For months? THAT IS CREEPY AS BLOODY HELL. He gets annoyed with her when she wants to hang out with humans and constantly puts down her friends; come Eclipse he goes so far as to have Alice babysit Bella when he's hunting and takes out the damned engine of her car when she goes to visit Jacob! That isn't love, that is a stalker, and a sparkly one at that!

Not to mention the morning after scene in Breaking Dawn. Bella wakes up after her first night with her "one true love".... completely covered in purple bruises from head to toe. I cringed. That isn't what lovemaking is, SMeyers. Yes, it can get rough, but the whole body shouldn't be covered in bruises. What's wrong with just a few bruises along her sensitive areas? Or, you know, gentle lovemaking? I thought Edward was worried about hurting her, so why is she covered in damn bruises?!!

Therefore, my problem with the relationship: No buildup, unhealthy obsession and no future on Bella's part, and creepy stalker tendencies on Edward's part. How this is considered a healthy, loving relationship by anyone who reads this saga is beyond me.
Old 2009-11-28, 14:30   Link #130
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

My friend who reads fanfics (I just generally don't read), said there's very very very little Edward/Jacob fanfics, despite the popularity of Twilight the foeyay between them. We came to the conclusion, fanfic writers don't like Twilight nor the characters. Fanfic writers find Twilight so bad, they don't even want to slash the characters.

Twilight fangirls are girls who never been a fangirl before. If that makes any sense. I acted like those fangirls when I was 13/14. But the difference is, Twilight fangirls seems to span from 9 year olds to 30+ year olds. The young fangirls are okay, girls tend to be fangirls of something (for my age, it's Harry Potter) during that age. It's the older girls who scares the hell out of me.

I noticed...alot of anti-twilighers are anime fans...
Old 2009-11-28, 15:55   Link #131
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:

Now, granted, I won't touch on the whole Dues Ex Machina that is "OMG we just met and have known each other for two weeks but you're my one true love!111!!1" that was a majority of Bella's reaction to Edward. Note, of course, how quickly they 'fall in love'; there is no real build-up, no real bonding, they just are suddenly in a meadow and declaring their love for each other. Right.

But MY personal issue: Edward/Bella is the poster child of an abusive, controlling relationship.

Bella's whole world revolves around Edward. As soon as she gets with him, she spends more time with the Cullens and less time with her human friends and family; hell, she's cold to her own dad! Bella is dependent on Edward to the point of obsession, and that isn't healthy. If she can't have Edward, woe is her, because life isn't worth living without her cold, hard, sparkling marble man. And note that as soon as she decides to marry him and become a vampire, that's it: no college, no future, nothing.

Edward. Oh, Eddy, have I got a bone to pick with you. Watching your loved one sleep? Not extremely creepy. Sneaking into her window to watch her sleep all night, every night before you even date? For months? THAT IS CREEPY AS BLOODY HELL. He gets annoyed with her when she wants to hang out with humans and constantly puts down her friends; come Eclipse he goes so far as to have Alice babysit Bella when he's hunting and takes out the damned engine of her car when she goes to visit Jacob! That isn't love, that is a stalker, and a sparkly one at that!

Not to mention the morning after scene in Breaking Dawn. Bella wakes up after her first night with her "one true love".... completely covered in purple bruises from head to toe. I cringed. That isn't what lovemaking is, SMeyers. Yes, it can get rough, but the whole body shouldn't be covered in bruises. What's wrong with just a few bruises along her sensitive areas? Or, you know, gentle lovemaking? I thought Edward was worried about hurting her, so why is she covered in damn bruises?!!

Therefore, my problem with the relationship: No buildup, unhealthy obsession and no future on Bella's part, and creepy stalker tendencies on Edward's part. How this is considered a healthy, loving relationship by anyone who reads this saga is beyond me.
To use terms coming from the series "True Blood," Bella was glamoured. Yes, she was glamoured by Edward and she's practically overlooking all the stalker tendencies that Edward has. Meyers is trying to emphasize how lonely a Vampire can be, especially one who can never sleep. But the thing is, she changed the whole concept of Vampires to suit her own fondness of them, make them look all so much nicer because perhaps, she wishes she could be with one and not be scared he'll suck her dry. The author of this series is mentally disturbed and crappy storyteller.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 16:08   Link #132
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:

You just made my day, RB
Old 2009-11-28, 17:05   Link #133
mana-past
Mana of Heaven.

Honestly, I don't see why people hate it....
1.) Vampires that sparkle (Who cares... It's fiction)
2.) Edward and Bella's relationship. (It's called love at first sight. Not, 'oh there is not REAL build up they're just morons who love eachother')
3.) So there's no action with blood sucking, it's mainly for girls... Get over it, if you're really THAT depressed over it, go watch 30 days of night ¬__¬.
4.) Bloodthirsty vampires, you may be right, but they're vegetarians because they choose to be. NOT because they're pathetic little anime blood lickers.
and 5.) FFS, Bella's love for Edward ISN'T And obsession, it's true love. A love that'll never die.

And judging by the whole 'We hate twilight because there's sparkles in it' means you have no REAL imagination.
Also @ RadiantBeam - why doesn't New Moon's papercut with Jasper going wild, count as being a vampire urge? That makes no sense!
mana-past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 17:22   Link #134
Divaa

Thumbs down

True blood is an equally terrible show and I'm surprised I actually watched the whole series. Back to twilight, having only read half the first book and watched the two movies I can say the movies suck. The second was slightly better despite all the friggin slow motion moments and the big bad werewolf crying like a pansy. The movies are wayyyyy too long and the build up is terrible.
Divaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 18:21   Link #135
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I actually never meant to actually post here but...

Quote:
I care and you know why? Stephany Meyer (or who shes written) picks up a myth which already exists and changes it to a degree that just isn't funny anymore. A lot of people interpreted Vampires differently but they all had weaknesses and weren't unkillable for humans. Also Vampires are humans enemies taking the form of humans so they can hunt better.
Do you even know where Bampires originate from? From rabies. Do I see people with rabies sparkle? No, they can't stand light cause it's hurt them in they eyes--they don't sparkle. <She just should have created her own kind of demon or something...not jsut take the "good" qualities she thought were fitting. (and saying that she researched and didn't find anything then you have to admit it yourself...that she is too dumb to use fu**ing google) You can only kill Vampires if you rip them appart and then burn them..oaky...a WEAKNESS found...but hey isn't there skin harder than steel ...and if I can't brun them fast enough don't they reattach...damn it there goes the weakness.

Quote:
2.) Edward and Bella's relationship. (It's called love at first sight. Not, 'oh there is not REAL build up they're just morons who love eachother')
Sorry...If I have to break it to you..Nothing against love at first sight...but thats a myth. There is crush at first sight. YOu took a instant liking to someone cause you like his looks...thats the beginning of a crush..but not love! You can't love base love on looks alone. And if she really saw throughEdwards personality with one look (which is impossible..cause humans personality are to dep...most people don't really grasp it after years of friendship...wait with Meyer's character it might be possible) then she goota love every emo guy in his corner

3)
That's actually fine for me! There doesn't have to be much blood..but you know in a novel about Vampires (that doesn't parody them) there has to be tension..it must make you shiver from your spine. Vampires are kinda demons (not really ut you might get my point) they have an evil auro around them (even if they are nice). An evil atmosphere might be interesting for a girl Bella's age (you know liking the bad bad boy) but those VAmpires aren't scary at all...they sparkle...

Quote:
4.) Bloodthirsty vampires, you may be right, but they're vegetarians because they choose to be. NOT because they're pathetic little anime blood lickers.
You know...they are dumb for being veggies you know why...they always surpress their desire for blood and walk on a dangerous line. What if they suddenly can't hold it anymore..o wait Stephanie meyer's vampires don't really need blood... -.- .... Excuse but did you ever heard of vamps that don't need blood but just drinbk it like people that like pepsi? And lets say they need blood and just surpress it. Hwy not let that Doc. smuggle a few blood conserves and let them dring that? No harm done to humans and everyone is safe.

Quote:
5.) FFS, Bella's love for Edward ISN'T And obsession, it's true love. A love that'll never die.
Oh yeah...and that true love completly...yeah...
How old are you?! Seriously....
I, yes, say that true love might exist...but is this submissive, obsessed and stupid behaviour true love? In all honesty than I'll pass on true love and just gonna hang out with my friends some more. She just ditches here so called friends because her beloved Edward doesn't want her to hang out with them? I would beat that stupid sparkle boy into a big bulp (o pardon that isn't possible for me mere human)! Cause you know there is love to between friends. Doesn't this love amtter as well? She follows Edward like a little dog and does everything he likes...

I'm gonna stop here...since I'm not gonna start about Edward the worst written emo vampire I've ever seen.. And I'm os not getting into there abusive relationship you know love is giving and TAKING! This is just Edward taking and Bella giving (up everything like family, friends etc for her "Love")

Btw I don't really hate Twilight...let the girls like what they like...but they can't be seriously saying that they like it cause it's romantic, shows true love, has a strong lead characters etc. They only like it cause it fulfills what many girls that age would like. The mysterious goodlooking boy who has dark secrets, only loves them, is like the knight in the shining armor and did I mention goodlooking, falls in love with the average new girl who is completly average but surprisingly good looking, charming and nice and average and is liked by nearly everyone (except for the evil guys (wait no they like her, too and want her badly) and the obious jealous detestable girls who are just fussing of Edward).Don't deny it! It's exactly written for a target group and takes advantage of the daydreams of teenage girls.
Old 2009-11-28, 18:33   Link #136
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I haven't even touched Twilight nor do I plan to. But I do know that by the Cullen's being Veggie Vampires, it just means that they don't drink human blood. They drink animal blood, like rats and such.

I think a this point the people who hate Twilight are just as annoying as the Twilight fangirls. Well. . .maybe not at that point yet, but it's creeping up.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 18:36   Link #137
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I haven't even touched Twilight nor do I plan, too. But I do know that by the Cullen's being Veggie Vampires, it just means that they don't drink human blood. They drink animals blood, like rats and such.
I know that but most vampire novels I read and had veggie vampires described that they can't rely on that alone. That's why...
Old 2009-11-28, 18:45   Link #138
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Pfft, there really isn't a list of what makes a person vampire anymore since the concept has been turned upside down countless times before now. The only consistant thing has been fangs and general bloodsucking.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 18:51   Link #139
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I know..but you realize the dangerous feeling of Vampires is due the fact that want and have to suck human blood...We don't really care if they slaughter animals cause we slaughter them ourself for something to eat. And to be honest just because if was turned upside down countless of times doesn't mean that those who did the same aren't on the same level of twilight. And like I said I am not hater I just can't stand "it's true loooooove1111"
Old 2009-11-28, 18:58   Link #140
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by mana-past View Post
Honestly, I don't see why people hate it....
3.) So there's no action with blood sucking, it's mainly for girls... Get over it, if you're really THAT depressed over it, go watch 30 days of night ¬__¬.
and 5.) FFS, Bella's love for Edward ISN'T And obsession, it's true love. A love that'll never die.

And judging by the whole 'We hate twilight because there's sparkles in it' means you have no REAL imagination.
Also @ RadiantBeam - why doesn't New Moon's papercut with Jasper going wild, count as being a vampire urge? That makes no sense!
I can't tell if this is a troll making a fakepost or actually a fan seriously defending twilight.

Damn you internets, damn you.