AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-05-21, 14:02   Link #261
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Its nice that they've confirmed that other newer gen spartans will feature but It would be much cooler if the remaining spartan II's also appeared too.
Glasslands
Spoiler:
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 12:37   Link #262
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Honestly? Given that the way that Noble Team featured into gameplay in Halo Reach...I'm happy with having less named principle characters. Spartan IV's will be more badass if they can actually be allowed to fight along side the player, and not hover back and randomly armor lock every five seconds because of their faulty AI.

Frankly I'd be much happier with competent red shirt AI allies like in Halo 2. Rather than tons of named characters who can't die...but don't make themselves all that useful.
Nothing really wrong with wanted established characters from the books to feature within the game.

Hell Johnson was no more useful than standard marine fodder yet a lot of people loved him simply because he was likable.

As long as they where well written and properly developed characters I could forgive some dodgy AI.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 12:54   Link #263
DaRk HuNt3r F4n
>:3

O Connor said on the interview that the chief will talk to your personal spartan and stuff, how cool is that?
Old 2012-05-23, 06:26   Link #264
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Glasslands
Spoiler:
It's not so much *upgraded*. They just took all the surviving Spartan II's and III's and rolled them over into the Spartan IV program (I.E., put them in the same detachments as Spartan IV's).

The big improvement with the IV's was that they improved the augmentation procedure so that they no longer needed children. They could specially select veteran marines or ODST and augment them.

Spartans are kinda like Mobile suits. The production models aren't quite as good as the prototypes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Nothing really wrong with wanted established characters from the books to feature within the game.

Hell Johnson was no more useful than standard marine fodder yet a lot of people loved him simply because he was likable.

As long as they where well written and properly developed characters I could forgive some dodgy AI.
Johnson was also the most verbose and hammy of the Marines in the first game. That's an important point because players were familiar with him, and were overjoyed to see more of him in Halo 2 even if they didn't know how he had survived Halo CE. More to the point. Unless they're making a tactics based Halo game in the future, I don't want to have an entire squad of invincible named characters running around, not being useful in firefights. I'd rather they focus on making your human AI allies useful/fun to listen to.

edit: I think if I was to change anything in Reach, I'd drop the entire Noble Team idea, and keep Noble Six as a *lone wolf*...but I'd keep Jorge and *maybe in the game. He could easily be one of the Spartan II's who got split off from the pack in a drop, and ended up teaming up with Six on the ground. Kat could be Six's new partner for the spooky ops.

As for the others? They just never had enough presence in the game to justify being there.

Last edited by Roger Rambo; 2012-05-23 at 06:47.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 16:23   Link #265
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
It's not so much *upgraded*. They just took all the surviving Spartan II's and III's and rolled them over into the Spartan IV program (I.E., put them in the same detachments as Spartan IV's).

The big improvement with the IV's was that they improved the augmentation procedure so that they no longer needed children. They could specially select veteran marines or ODST and augment them.

Spartans are kinda like Mobile suits. The production models aren't quite as good as the prototypes
I found it stupid though that they decided to reveal the origins of the program (which was to combat insurgency). Some things are better left unsaid to the public in these circumstances (especially since they are only maintaining a truce and not actual peace with the Elites)
Old 2012-05-25, 17:03   Link #266
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Quote:
I found it stupid though that they decided to reveal the origins of the program (which was to combat insurgency). Some things are better left unsaid to the public in these circumstances (especially since they are only maintaining a truce and not actual peace with the Elites)
Well not at all. The SPARTAN IV program was kept secret from the covenant ( inclu. the Elites) and the most of the UNSC. I believe that the Elites still don't know about the SPARTAN IV. And the origins about the SPARTAN program, i dont believe that the UNSC is stupid enough to tell them how it works...
Old 2012-05-25, 17:25   Link #267
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRk HuNt3r F4n View Post
Well not at all. The SPARTAN IV program was kept secret from the covenant ( inclu. the Elites) and the most of the UNSC. I believe that the Elites still don't know about the SPARTAN IV. And the origins about the SPARTAN program, i dont believe that the UNSC is stupid enough to tell them how it works...
I'm talking about the Spartan II program and according to the admiral she's going to unveil the whole damn thing which led to one of the ODST's stating that there's going to be millions of parents saying that their kids were abducted into the program.

I can understand the anger and such but IMO it was the best decision the UNSC went forward as it literally saved them in the end and carried them forward. That's why I said it's better for that program to be put under the carpet and forgotten.
Old 2012-05-26, 01:14   Link #268
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Quote:
I'm talking about the Spartan II program and according to the admiral she's going to unveil the whole damn thing which led to one of the ODST's stating that there's going to be millions of parents saying that their kids were abducted into the program.

I can understand the anger and such but IMO it was the best decision the UNSC went forward as it literally saved them in the end and carried them forward. That's why I said it's better for that program to be put under the carpet and forgotten.
Well, did that also let to public riots when they told that?
Old 2012-05-26, 05:45   Link #269
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Why exactly WOULD the UNSC reveal that the Spartan II's were kidnapped children?

The whole idea of the flash cloning thing was so that it would cover their tracks, and nobody would know there had been abductions. It certainly is going to get covered even better, when you consider that most of their home colonies have been glassed.
Old 2012-05-26, 12:16   Link #270
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

I don't have the novel in front of me but this is what I remember and I'll check it later on.

The admiral was pissed off at Halsey for lying to her about the clones as she never approved of them in the first place. Her idea was to simply take the children in, never replaced them with flash clones.

And before she retired she stated that she was going to hand over everything she did including the Spartan II program to the Defence committee. This is where one of the ODSTs talked about "a million parents who lost their kids are going to be banging on the UNSC's door"

IMO it's the worse decision as the UNSC is barely recovering from the war and the peace isn't exactly set in stone either. The UNSC is at the moment sending fleets to recover lost grounds including colonies that haven't been glassed whether they like it or not.

I know we've talked about this before and some people pointed out that the UNSC was a fascist government but it's because of those hard actions and decisions that they lasted so long and survived. The Spartan II program was suppose to be a program that would terminate insurgency (which was getting worse) in their infancy before it became worse. It was a necessary evil. When the covenant arrived the Spartan II program was what gave a morale boost to the UNSC.
Old 2012-05-26, 12:45   Link #271
Yorae_paladin1

Is Halsey nuts if she reveals that the UNSC will have a major back lash of public outrage and that can easily help many of the organizations looking for Independence from the UNSC. Yes they do still exist
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 12:56   Link #272
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I believe it's not in the UNSC but more Admiral Parangosky herself that was giving up classified info.
She is gonna had over info about her involvement in the Spartan II program, which she wasn't gonna take to her grave.
Yea I can see that causing quite the uproar but even she knew what they were doing was wrong.
"It was a necessary evil" is best way to describe everything with the Spartan II and III programs.
Altho Halsey's cloning debacle was not necessary, thats one point thats pointed out.
Old 2012-05-26, 12:59   Link #273
Yorae_paladin1

the cloning thing thing was dumb but do you guys think that parents will accept inducting children into the military nope.

they would still have to kidnap em. That may fly in ancient Sparta but it does not fly anywhere else
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 13:19   Link #274
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Spartan Ops will debut June 4th on Gametrailers TV!
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 13:44   Link #275
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1 View Post
Is Halsey nuts if she reveals that the UNSC will have a major back lash of public outrage and that can easily help many of the organizations looking for Independence from the UNSC. Yes they do still exist
Dr. Hasley is "officially dead" according to the records. It was some sort of retribution being enacted by the Admiral on her for lying to her.

Quote:
the cloning thing thing was dumb but do you guys think that parents will accept inducting children into the military nope.

they would still have to kidnap em. That may fly in ancient Sparta but it does not fly anywhere else
The thing is the Spartan III and IV program would not have been possible had it not been for the Spartan II program which while brutal showed a lot of the flaws in the procedures. By the time of the III program, they had perfected it to ensure a 100% success rate. So it would make sense by the IV program they don't need to follow Halsey's extremely narrow restrictions.

The question in IV is how the Chief will handle all of this.
Old 2012-05-26, 15:54   Link #276
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Well seems like we have pre-order bonuses for Halo 4 from retailers such as eb games.ca, Play.com, Amazon.com, and Gamestop.com

http://www.allgamesbeta.com/2012/05/...pre-order.html

I'm kinda surprised that they didn't announce one for Best Buy. (I wanted to rank up on my reward points, damn it)

I like the amazon.com pre-order skin, and the Deadeye helmet from play.com it looks like one of the elite helmets.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 16:10   Link #277
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Quote:
Dr. Hasley is "officially dead" according to the records. It was some sort of retribution being enacted by the Admiral on her for lying to her.

The thing is the Spartan III and IV program would not have been possible had it not been for the Spartan II program which while brutal showed a lot of the flaws in the procedures. By the time of the III program, they had perfected it to ensure a 100% success rate. So it would make sense by the IV program they don't need to follow Halsey's extremely narrow restrictions.

The question in IV is how the Chief will handle all of this.
Is the "officially dead" report a cover up of Halsey or is she really dead? On Halo 4, like i said the Spartan IV looks up to Chief cuz he's the hero of earth and stuff. Of course they tought that he's also officially dead but he's alive. We must wait for the E3 to know more whats gonna happen also there will be a Spartan Ops gameplay... From what i heard.
Old 2012-05-26, 16:51   Link #278
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Altho Halsey's cloning debacle was not necessary, thats one point thats pointed out.
The idea was to cover their tracks. The chances of finding out about kidnappings is much less likely if nobody knows there were even kidnappings in the first place.

It's a bit questionable what even a rogue element releasing this information would accomplish. ONI would be quick to try to suppress the information and downplay it as a conspiracy theory.
Quote:
That's kind of silly. To get revenge on somebody who isn't even around anymore, you shoot yourself in the foot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Awesome! This will be our first live look at the player VS AI in action!
Old 2012-05-26, 17:16   Link #279
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
The idea was to cover their tracks. The chances of finding out about kidnappings is much less likely if nobody knows there were even kidnappings in the first place.
Not really, everyone that knew about the cloning thought it was unnecessary.
There really was no need to clone the kids and return them.
It makes the familes stick out more as if or when the info is revealed it can be easier to track down which famlies were affected, if they are still alive.
They will know if their child was abducted for the Spartan program.

Halsey thought to herself she was doing the cloning for some sense of closure for the parents and herslef, some sense of repentance as well for what she was gonna and had already done to the kids.

Quote:
It's a bit questionable what even a rogue element releasing this information would accomplish. ONI would be quick to try to suppress the information and downplay it as a conspiracy theory.
It's no rogue element, Admiral Paragosky is ONI, if she whats that info out, then it gets out.
She may be the only person that holds more power than Admiral Hood.
She's handing the info over to the UEG Commitee(which is the Unified Earth Government), it will be outta the UNSC's hands after that I imagine.

Spoiler for Halsey:
Old 2012-05-27, 05:48   Link #280
DaRk HuNt3r F4n

Hey there's a leaked mp gameplay of Halo 4, i cant show it cause i'm typing it on my I-pod

Tags
halo 4, sierra 117