AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-02, 03:49   Link #16121
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Sceeeeney~

Spoiler for Scene:

Kinda challenging trying to establish a proper response from characters that are already presented in canon... Still...
Old 2012-01-02, 03:50   Link #16122
Eratas123

Is everybody scared of Chifuyu in that school?
Old 2012-01-02, 03:52   Link #16123
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, Yachi, the problem is when the weapon have contact with the I.S. body.

As you said, it never happen so far since there's no electric-contact weapon in sight, and as we can see, sometimes the shield is NOT working automatically (case in point: Cecilia shot Ichika on the shoulder, Ichika shot Laura on the back, Laura shot Lingyin on the shoulder cannon....) you can imagine how this go, and how it was dangerous.
Old 2012-01-02, 03:52   Link #16124
demino_hellsin
That one guy

what do you guys think an IS shield is comprised of? Pure energy? particles? something?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 03:53   Link #16125
Eratas123

@ Demi -It's made of unobtanium taken from a plot hole
Old 2012-01-02, 03:57   Link #16126
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi
Agree with Eras, I'm in line that "I.S. shield are electric-powered magic barrier"
Old 2012-01-02, 03:58   Link #16127
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so a bullet specially made to draw out the shield is a bust?
Old 2012-01-02, 04:00   Link #16128
Eratas123

@ Demi - Unless that gun came from a plot hole as well, I doubt it. There really isn't any way to counter an IS trough conventional means. We can't apply real world logic to something like that.
Old 2012-01-02, 04:01   Link #16129
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Probably, since I.S. shield has very hard constitution, to the point that even I.S. grade weapon that is able to pierce the standard barrier got shattered by absolute defense (or else it'll ricochet).
Old 2012-01-02, 04:04   Link #16130
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The point of the bullet isn't to shatter the shield. The point of the bullet is to make the IS expend more shield than necessary. So it's natural that the bullet will be blocked, but it'll eat away at the battery(somewhat like a trick bullet?)
Old 2012-01-02, 04:05   Link #16131
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Three words:
Plasma Warhead Projectile
Old 2012-01-02, 04:08   Link #16132
Eratas123

@ Senpai and Demi - This is the series where a robot with a BFS managed to sopt thousands to missiles. We can throw tech logic out the window here, at least when it deals with the IS units.
Old 2012-01-02, 04:11   Link #16133
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If it really is weak to plasma then it's just charged particles or something -_-"

The bullet isn't plasma, it really does just suck in more shield.

Taken from armored core shield idea. Kojima particles condense and gather into a non-gaseous state. This blocks most if not all weaponry since it's a body of charged particles blocking. An IS probably has similar shield particles that enable the stasis of livable conditions as well as block oncoming impact weapons.

The bullet would trick the shield into thinking that the tiny 9mm is a 90mm cannon shell or something. Thus causing the shield to use more than it's supposed to.

>.>

EDIT: era-era: I thought the same thing for gundam 00, then a single forum post changed my views on it. And if it was absolutely unexplainable then the series just loses half of its beauty for me(selfish views).
Old 2012-01-02, 04:15   Link #16134
Eratas123

@ Demi - I know it's impossible for real world tech to even dent an I.S. That's why the normals in SHadow use special tech. Irish's Jammer knife being a good example.
Old 2012-01-02, 04:19   Link #16135
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Eras
By technicality we're trying not to break canon since the rules are established there (although I did it several times already). Trick bullet however already there in Rain and Meister's old fanon (through both has different principles).

I took a middle ground that said trick bullet works within the stated principles that plasma are good against the barrier.
Old 2012-01-02, 04:19   Link #16136
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That's if you apply real world tech in a blunt force manner. you send in a massive force for an offensive is normal military procedure. The carriers, jets and such were sent in knowing NOTHING about what they were up against. Like heck they could dent something that had shielding they were unaware of. They had no idea of its maneuverability, no idea of weapon payload. Going into combat knowing that they were up against a machine armed with technology decades beyond their own might've given them a better chance, no matter how small. The whole thing wouldn't be a curbstomp with precise recordings of exactly how much fail the military of at least 5 countries were.
Old 2012-01-02, 04:22   Link #16137
Eratas123

@ Senpai and Demi - Is everyone in school scared of Chifuyu or something?
Old 2012-01-02, 04:23   Link #16138
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hence Stratos idea that even pesky F-15 can beat a drone if used PROPERLY, then again it was called drone for obvious reason (being weaker and produced at large quantity, real robot style).

We're not going to push anyone around, of course. Everyone has their own principles in writing.

@Eras

Yes, maybe. Most, but probably not all. Don't forget that she's also well respected.
Old 2012-01-02, 04:24   Link #16139
demino_hellsin
That one guy

half of them are idolizing(some might be homosexual) fans.

EDIT: Jets seem to have the weakness of having a limited turning angle, reducing maneuverability by a lot. That's why mobile suits beat them badly in gundam.
Old 2012-01-02, 04:27   Link #16140
Eratas123

She seems to be a memetic badass in the fandom Is there a specific reason for this?

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest