AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-09, 10:23   Link #221
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
At least here in Australia, the age of consent is 16. So Ohana would be legal ...
Old 2011-06-09, 11:02   Link #222
hanashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
I´m actually worried about that 10 years span thing. DD: I wonder if its true.

If its true, then I kind of doubt that Tooru would spend 10 years of his life working at Kissuiso.! Tooru baby, I don't want you to leave the show!!! D:
Well, if you look at that old picture of Kissuiso, they used to have more chefs and waitresses. NGL, in ten years, I hope Ohana is running/co-managing the revived/expanded Kissuiso with head chef Tooru and 1 or 2 adorable children. I think I've said this before, but I love that scene in ep 9 where Ohana is beaming and Tooru has this contented smiled on his face as he works at the counter. FORSHADOWING, PLEASE.

(Although did anyone else do the math? Okami had children really late for a Japanese woman in the 1970s. At 32 and 38, I think. But Satsuki had Ohana at a young age, so who know when/if Ohana will have kids.)

Re: Tooru/Minko...Some people are blind when they have their shipping glasses on. I'm rooting for Tooru/Ohana because I like their chemistry. It doesn't have anything to do with my feelings for Tooru/Minko. I don't get Tooru/Minko because he doesn't even register her as a girl. He treats her as a kitchen hand. Which I see as a compliment. She wants to be a chef and I don't think of Tooru as the type of person who would spend so much time training someone he thinks is hopeless. But romantic...yeah, that scene where she fed him and he didn't even blink made me say "Yep, nothing there."
Old 2011-06-09, 12:00   Link #223
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

I know I did the math. xDD I was actually wondering why nobody had brought it up before that Okami had her children at a pretty late age. xD

But yes, foreshadowing please!!

And lol, shippers with shipping glasses on are scaaaary. xD;; And you know what else I've noticed?

KoxOhana shippers are way more violent than TooruxOhana ones.

I mean, KoxOhana shippers go and insult Tooru (on MAL,4chan,etc,etc) while all we TooruxOhana say is something along the lines of: "We don't like Ko cuz´ we don't see chemistry. Kind of bland."

But they go and: "Nooo, Tooru is such a pedo. He should **** and ****. and I hate him and blah and blah."

Why so aggresive, Ko alliance?! D:
Old 2011-06-09, 19:23   Link #224
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by .x.crii.x. View Post
And lol, shippers with shipping glasses on are scaaaary. xD;; And you know what else I've noticed?

KoxOhana shippers are way more violent than TooruxOhana ones.

I mean, KoxOhana shippers go and insult Tooru (on MAL,4chan,etc,etc) while all we TooruxOhana say is something along the lines of: "We don't like Ko cuz´ we don't see chemistry. Kind of bland."

But they go and: "Nooo, Tooru is such a pedo. He should **** and ****. and I hate him and blah and blah."

Why so aggresive, Ko alliance?! D:
It's because they Ko x Ohana is losing atm and hence butthurt . If Tooru x Ohana was losing, I'm pretty sure we would the seeing the Tooru fans being more aggressive
Old 2011-06-09, 20:55   Link #225
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Well....I myself have never been much of an aggresive shipper so....xD;;

But who knows, maybe us Tooru fans will feel threatened later on. Hopefully that doesn't happen. xD I want him to end with Ohana. She'd be a fool if she didn't choose him.

Tooru is just too adorable when in love. xD And pervy to boot.
Old 2011-06-09, 21:17   Link #226
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

If TooruxOhana did lose, I'd be upset and complain and be in total denial about it not happening

But I wouldn't hate on Ko. I like him, just not with Ohana. It's... boring. I can't enjoy it as much as I enjoy TooruxOhana. I think it's because whenever I see Ko interact with Ohana, I can't see them acting as lovers. They're really really good friends and it's difficult for both of them to change that. So unless they can stop being friends and actually go out, I can't see them being a couple. :/

Tooru is lovable and his interactions with Ohana is like eating something delish and wanting more of it imo. So I can't help but like him more. xD
Old 2011-06-09, 21:28   Link #227
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Plus, Tooru is a tsundere boy. Now THAT is interesting. xDD

Plus, I don´t think Tooru/Minko could work. Tsundere boy/Tsundere girl...

See what I'm getting at here? o.O
Old 2011-06-09, 21:35   Link #228
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

Opposites attract~
Old 2011-06-09, 22:51   Link #229
hanashi

Exactly! My fantasyland doesn't affect anyone else. If they didn't end up together, I'd probably be fanficcing like a mofo, though.

Here's a scene I liked from ep 9 with Minko edited out. Notice my restraint! Because I wanted to stamp a big CANON across the picture. But I didn't. Because that could be obnoxious. Until we have an answer from the show, it's my personal canon and I'm not going to be pushy about it.

Spoiler for This is such an old-marrieds pic. I hope it's Kissuiso's future. :) Excuse my half-assed editing.:

Last edited by hanashi; 2011-06-09 at 23:10.
Old 2011-06-09, 23:26   Link #230
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

^ @ the pic, the dialogue would be something like this:

Ohana: Dear, the customers said they loved your new recipe.
Tooru: Is that so? Will I be getting a congratulations from you tonight?
Ohana: Oh dear, you never change.

Pfft, sorry. I couldn't resist. xD
Old 2011-06-11, 20:21   Link #231
hanashi

lol! There's this cute comic on Pixiv where Tooru calls her his wife.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.p...st_id=19501718

Too lazy atm to translate, but he's sitting with a group of his friends and they're asking about Ohana. One of them says that she's cute like a little sister and Tooru says "Little sister? Rather, she's my wife (that's what I intend)." They're all O_o.

Boo, I don't think there'll be any Tooru this week.
Old 2011-06-11, 20:31   Link #232
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

lol, you should definitely translate sometime. xD Oh Tooru, we'd all be glad if you made Ohana your wife someday. xD

And Yeah, I kind of get the feeling that we will have no Tooru this week. I will however be pleasantly surprised if we do. xD

Spoiler for ramblings:
Old 2011-06-12, 15:36   Link #233
hanashi

Now I know why I keep coming back in here. No one in the main thread knows how to agree to disagree.

So not a lot of Tooru, like we thought. Actually, that 5 seconds of him was more than I thought we'd get. With the promise of more next week! And since the dialog in the previews appears in the ep, we know we have Tooru calling Ohana by name.

Am I weird for wanting that stuffed tamago sushi piece in the preview? Tooru had better stay away from those things before he gets sucked in. Japanese arcades are dangerous. Especially since the 100 yen coin feels like a quarter so you don't realize how much money you're spending. Oops?
Old 2011-06-12, 20:45   Link #234
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

^ I found it to be even more odd how everything in that machine is stuffed food toys. xDD Oh Tooru, you are such a kid.

And Tooru calling Ohana by her name in the preview: -HEAD EXPLODES- FDJFKDJFJFFKAJKFJDSF OMG.

xD

And Ohana asking Tooru if he has a girlfriend in the preview: -head explodes again- fdjfdjfjsdf I wonder how Tooru will react to that. 8D

Can't wait for next week.

BTW, I got a badass Gintama poster at the convention. It now hangs awesomely on my bedroom wall. 8D
Old 2011-06-12, 22:21   Link #235
hanashi

Nice! I tried watching Gintama once. I made it through a season before the crack won. If I try again, I'll need a better plan than trying to watch it all the way through in one sitting.

Quote:
And Ohana asking Tooru if he has a girlfriend in the preview: -head explodes again- fdjfdjfjsdf I wonder how Tooru will react to that. 8D
I know! Although, I've been trolled by the previews so often that I'm a little suspicious. They always use the dialog and the images but... I like to play "Guess the Context!" I bet Ohana is asking about a girlfriend for Minchi. But Tooru probably won't know that, lol. I feel kind of bad for the guy. He still calls her by her name at some point in the ep! Probably more than once because if you're calling someone by their name for the first time, "Hey, where are you?!" is probably not what you'd say to them.

Last edited by hanashi; 2011-06-12 at 22:27. Reason: So many typing fails tonight!
Old 2011-06-12, 22:25   Link #236
Sugarless Ocean
Ms. Procrastinator

^Minko's face makes the situation funnier in the preview xD

It's funny how we were all like, "It would be awesome if Tooru called Ohana by her name." and now it's going to happen xD Bonus points for Ohana asking if Tooru had a girlfriend. Wonder how that will turn out

UGH I want more... Why is it so hard to wait for this series' episodes? xD
Old 2011-06-12, 22:40   Link #237
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Is it wrong that I fangirled when Tooru got mad for Ren-san´s sake? I was like: OMG, RenxTooru nao plz!! xDD

Anybody else here with me? No, No??? D:

And pfft, we must have some awesome psychic powers cuz our Tooru-calling-Ohana-by-her-name wish came true. xD I can't wait until the next episode.

Right now I think we have one of two options coming up next episode:

1. KoxOhana ship prevails/reinforces and us TooruxOhana shipper will have to suck it up.

2. KoxOhana ship sinks and us TooruxOhana shippers will party.

I'm hoping for the second option.
Old 2011-06-12, 22:59   Link #238
hanashi

Quote:
Anybody else here with me? No, No??? D:
Lol. If Ren wasn't 20 years older, I'd be with you. I didn't realize how close they actually were. Tooru's normally so polite and deferent towards Ren but he didn't have a problem shouting at him. I guess Tooru's been his apprentice for a while... Who am I kidding? If I didn't like Tooru/Ohana so much, I'd hit that ship.

Even if Kohana sinks, Ohana still doesn't realize that Tooru has a crush on her! I'm hoping the clue bus is making lots of stops next week...
Old 2011-06-13, 19:29   Link #239
.x.crii.x.
To the beat//

Pfft, tell me about it. Hopefully Ohana realizes that Tooru is into her soon enough. But actually, you know what would be even better? If she started to develop feelings for him on her own, without actually finding out that he likes her.

You get what I mean? Because if she found out that he liked her, it would be like the whole "Ko situation" all over again. Like she would feel forced/confused/anxious...am I making sense here? xD

And then it'd be pure gold if she doesn´t even realize she likes him and a conversation like this takes place:

Minko:..I've decided to confess my feelings to Tooru-san.
Ohana: T-that's great Minchi! I'll be cheering you on!

And then Minko leaves the room. And Ohana starts telling herself that she's glad Minko will finally express herself but tears stream from her eyes. And she's like, "huh? Why am I crying?" And then she runs out to find Tooru herself.

No, I did not just rewatch a certain episode of Toradora! Whatchutalkingabout?! Dx

-cough and it absolutely has nothing to do with the fact that Ryuji is voiced by the same person that voices tooru cough-

it´snotlikeIkeepreplayingthescenewherehesaysIlovey ou -averts eyes-

Last edited by .x.crii.x.; 2011-06-13 at 19:50.
Old 2011-06-13, 21:18   Link #240
hanashi

Good point! As a shipper, it's super frustrating, but a confession would just end up with them in the same place as Ko and Ohana. Maybe even more of an awkward place, since there's Minchi. And if it turns out badly with Kou, she probably won't be in a good place or a while. So, I'm all for her slowly getting to know him. We know that they make some progress next week.

LOL, and I didn't go looking for that scene on youtube so nothing to see here... *whistles*

Tags
characters