AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-04, 08:27   Link #3121
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Yeah, don't be like me who is a walking storage room of flowers and wooden bowls.
Don't you hate it when you get home from a trip and your bag is full of cruft that was simply in the way when you were looting?
Old 2012-09-04, 08:31   Link #3122
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
Yeah, don't be like me who is a walking storage room of flowers and wooden bowls.
my character is a Dwarven Artefact collector. So she always have to take several trips to empty out a Dwarven ruin of EVERYTHING Dwarven. And she never sells them. She probably has enough Dwarven metal and machine parts to rebuild Numidium.

The amusing thing is that she dumped everything into Stamina in order to have more carry capacity while being a mage with zero spell cost gear. But by the end she ended up with so much Stamina that she became a beast with daggers.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-09-04 at 08:50.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 09:49   Link #3123
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I have bad tendency in the early game to pretty much loot every piece of armor and above-iron weapon I find to finance my adventures. So I spend most of the early game overencumbered.
Old 2012-09-04, 10:44   Link #3124
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I have bad tendency in the early game to pretty much loot every piece of armor and above-iron weapon I find to finance my adventures. So I spend most of the early game overencumbered.
Above iron? I just took everything. Iron weapons, rags, everything. By the time I am done I might as well have vacuumed the ruins of all dust particles.

Things got harder after I finished the Barenziah gem crown quest. I was finding too many gems and they were clogging up my loot bag. That's when I stopped picking up junk. When I realised that half the trash in the bag in total was worth less than a single gem.
Old 2012-09-04, 10:50   Link #3125
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, I make heavy use of my home storage and carry the absolute minimum on the road.
I tried that but than I got the Bag Mod and I couldn't resist just carrying everything I could. So many Dragon Bones.... And yet I don't level smithing.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 10:52   Link #3126
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Eh, even in the early game iron weapons just didn't seem to fetch as good a price as iron armor and steel weaponry. As far as loot for selling I only went for armor and weapons and the occasional gem when I wasn't using gems for making jewelry to sell. Needless to say a horse and a house became my most valuable investments, both to store junk I didn't want to sell and to get to town quickly when I was overencumbered.
Old 2012-09-04, 17:56   Link #3127
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Eh, even in the early game iron weapons just didn't seem to fetch as good a price as iron armor and steel weaponry. As far as loot for selling I only went for armor and weapons and the occasional gem when I wasn't using gems for making jewelry to sell. Needless to say a horse and a house became my most valuable investments, both to store junk I didn't want to sell and to get to town quickly when I was overencumbered.
Talk about selling, I found it handy to delay the Golden Claw quest for as long as I can just so I can keep the Riverwood Trader a 24 hours store. As long as the Golden Claw is never returned, the poor guy would leave his shop door unlocked and never go to sleep.
Old 2012-09-04, 19:49   Link #3128
Steamzy

I've always loved Skyrim, but I could never get into Oblivion properly ...
I've been thinking about playing it lately though and I'd love to get Skyrim for my Xbox.

Is there actually anything else to accomplish on Skyrim after killing Alduin apart from achievements? Killing the final boss was the saddest part for me as at level 20+ it's exceptionally easy...that was probably because I had it on Easy the whole time though lmao

I also avoid carrying heavy gear as it restrains me from looting (mostly slain dragons), but heavy gear doesn't hurt if it's worth the bonuses. And of course I usually carry more than 2 Dragon Priest masks with me at all times simply for their benefits.
Steamzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 20:08   Link #3129
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamzy View Post
I've always loved Skyrim, but I could never get into Oblivion properly ...
I've been thinking about playing it lately though and I'd love to get Skyrim for my Xbox.

Is there actually anything else to accomplish on Skyrim after killing Alduin apart from achievements? Killing the final boss was the saddest part for me as at level 20+ it's exceptionally easy...that was probably because I had it on Easy the whole time though lmao

I also avoid carrying heavy gear as it restrains me from looting (mostly slain dragons), but heavy gear doesn't hurt if it's worth the bonuses. And of course I usually carry more than 2 Dragon Priest masks with me at all times simply for their benefits.
If you're on a console... other than purchasing Dawnguard or running the game again with a different kind of character --- you're done. Those on the PC can thumb through a pile of mods adding dungeons, cities, new lands, etc (as well as a dumptruck full of minor equipment or appearance mods).
Old 2012-09-04, 20:27   Link #3130
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Funny that. I AM a Skyrim hoarder, but that means I avoid carrying unnecessary gear. I need every bit of carry space to bring the loot home. This means using spells for long range sniping and two daggers for close range.

The picture got one thing right; the Wolf Armour is the best at reaching armour cap with the least weight.
If you on playing on PC, check out the Bandolier mod. It allows you to craft pouches, satchels, and bandoliers. Small ones increase carrying capacity by 25, other by 50, and some by 75. There might be some that add 100 to carrying capacity, too. You can wear multiple pouches, two satchels, and I think only one bandolier. You can create them in different colors, too. It is good to find a combination of equipment that matches your character's attire.
Old 2012-09-04, 21:49   Link #3131
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Funny that. I AM a Skyrim hoarder, but that means I avoid carrying unnecessary gear. I need every bit of carry space to bring the loot home. This means using spells for long range sniping and two daggers for close range.

The picture got one thing right; the Wolf Armour is the best at reaching armour cap with the least weight.
I have a backpack mod that provides +300 to carry weight, but I don't pick up loot unless it's enchanted or if it's made of ebony, Daedric or dragonbone (and can be enchanted).

Having cleared all the required quests, for now I'm thinking of getting Moonpath to Elsweyr because there's not much official end-game content until the next DLC. :P

Last edited by sa547; 2012-09-04 at 22:09.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-04, 22:01   Link #3132
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
If you on playing on PC, check out the Bandolier mod. It allows you to craft pouches, satchels, and bandoliers. Small ones increase carrying capacity by 25, other by 50, and some by 75. There might be some that add 100 to carrying capacity, too. You can wear multiple pouches, two satchels, and I think only one bandolier. You can create them in different colors, too. It is good to find a combination of equipment that matches your character's attire.
Nah, then there would have been no point of me dumping so many stats into Stamina.

As I say, I have given up grabbing everything ever since I got drowned in gems. And I avoid any mods that isn't related to bug fixing or aesthetics. It's not like I really need to have endless inventory, I am glad the game itself allow me to do my own customisation.
Old 2012-09-05, 05:44   Link #3133
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Don't you hate it when you get home from a trip and your bag is full of cruft that was simply in the way when you were looting?
The only home I've ever had is in The College.
Old 2012-09-05, 05:57   Link #3134
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

I used to hoard a LOT, but I learned very fast how double-edged it could be (I mean, I managed to slow myself down a half-dozen times just while navigating through Helgen's cave system - right from the beginning). Now, I just collect gold and things I haven't come across before, such as books, scrolls and soon-to-be-disenchanted enchanted items, useful potions and occasionally food that I immediately gulp down so as to not overcrowd my own inventory. The rest gets sold or stored in either Breezehome, Markarth or Solitude.

Then I accumulated so much stuff that the items window started to lag/stutter...that's when I started redistributing all of my stuff to my other homes/chests. The rest...well, there's a human mule called Lydia who can take care of it. ^_^ Especially when I need to get rid of weapons I have no need for.
Old 2012-09-05, 17:48   Link #3135
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I carry around a lot of food (I'm sure more than I need) because I have a mod where the player needs to eat, sleep, and drink. I carry around water bottles from the mod, and you can refill them at a water source. I carry around a small tent and a sleeping bag in case I need to sleep in the wild (in a cave or dungeon I'll just use the sleeping bag).

I also carry around a lot of alchemy ingredients. I had to take a whole lot of them and put them into Breezehome so that I wasn't carrying around so much. I also carry around a bunch of potions. I love the Bandolier mod, it has done well for me. I played last night and my carry load was about 273, but my maximum carry load is over 600 due to the Bandolier mod and putting some points into stamina.
Old 2012-09-05, 21:24   Link #3136
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I have some immersion mods (Frostfall first and foremost), so I usually carry a lot myself. Like Urzu, it's usually food and ingredients. That said, the houses in vanilla are usually enough for all the extra swag I manage to pick up.
Old 2012-09-06, 02:59   Link #3137
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Updated pics of my Assassin. She's just hit lvl 30 and is about to take on the Assassin's Guild (as in not join but slaughter them all, my son discovered that was an option).

edit: actually a bit disappointed in the alternate route for the Dark Brotherhood, short and boring :P I at least expected to have to hunt each one down or something... well, off to hunt vampires with her...

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-09-06 at 18:10.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 13:51   Link #3138
sa547
*Author

Tried out a few missions in Moonpath, and just as it says on the label, it's a unique adventure story and setting of its own, a tropical break from the usual cold darkness.
Old 2012-09-06, 17:44   Link #3139
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Reminds me of Hoarders.
Its so hard to sell and chuck items away in Skyrim. You may need it 100 hours in you just never know
Old 2012-09-07, 20:56   Link #3140
sa547
*Author

Despite being limited to a few maps and quests, Moonpath still has the potential to expand further by adding new areas, and why not an actual Khajit city in the middle of the famed desert?

Oddly through, in this world there's daylight even at midnight. But this mod had kept me gawking at the lush greenery and the clear water, tempting my character to strip off her clothes and dive into the oasis.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim