AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai character
Maebara Keiichi 146 38.32%
Ryuuguu Rena 181 47.51%
Sonozaki Mion 97 25.46%
Houjou Satoko 55 14.44%
Sonozaki Shion 90 23.62%
Furude Rika 188 49.34%
Hanyuu 141 37.01%
Akasaka Mamoru 57 14.96%
Ooishi Kuraudo 34 8.92%
Irie Kyousuke 30 7.87%
Tomitake Jirou 16 4.20%
Takano Miyo 76 19.95%
Other 15 3.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-30, 18:21   Link #41
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Nomura is voiced by the same voice actress that portrayed Suigintou. We first hear from her in the preview for episode 11, where she sends a question to Dark Rika about whether the latter is still receiving a pension. However she doesn't appear in person until episode 17.
Took me a bit to recall, then it made sense. Guess junk is still junk...
Old 2008-02-20, 00:45   Link #42
IvUaN
Light Spirit
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to IvUaN
Rena - Always going to be my favorite one, still she didnt have too much screentime, still is Rena were talking about, omochikaeri, hauu~, well you know what Im talking about.

Keiichi - Really awesome, the first time, I cheered for him even knowing at first he was a scared guy and never did anything but cry, and in 2nd season he didnt let me down xD awesome character, Go K.

Shion - Always surprising me the first time something seemed fishy about her and always beeing that lovely, then she goes insane, in season 2 the relation she has with satoko is awesome plus that scene with satoshi (Ah and dont forget she can handle weapons xD) for me she seems like a winner :P

Rika & Hanyuu - Very interesting character enduring all that pain just to see everyone alive and happy, we all love rika what could we say T.T, and hanyuu well, hanyuu is hanyuu its all i have to say

Takano - Never expected her to be that awesome really awesome character.

Akasaka & Kasai - Kickass, very cool scenes akasaka fighting and kasai handling weapons

I love all the characters but posting something avout every character would be annoying.
Old 2008-02-21, 18:43   Link #43
Garve
Providence Breaker

GWARGH, HOW CAN PEOPLE ACTUALLY VOTE FOR TAKANO?
Sorry, but I wish her a painful death.

My favourites are Rena and Satoko. I think everyone of the club members are alright, but those two are the coolest.

Go, girls!
Old 2008-02-21, 19:41   Link #44
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garve View Post
Spoiler for Last episode:
Old 2008-02-21, 21:51   Link #45
IvUaN
Light Spirit
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to IvUaN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garve View Post
Sorry, but I wish her a painful death.

My favourites are Rena and Satoko. I think everyone of the club members are alright, but those two are the coolest.

Go, girls!
And not only human, she starts acting that way because she was trying to accomplish a goal, at first she tried her best by normal means, but since she saw everything was going wrong she started acting that way(Being a psycho b*tch).Also remember she had to suffer a lot.

mmmm, putting it simply think of her as rena, shion or keiichi in their respective chapters where they choose the easy but wrong path.I think it was also in higurashi in the game, someone mentions (Rika or Hanyuu) that "Its not the people to blame but the events, because if those events never happened in the first place, people wouldnt be affected" something like that xD.
Old 2008-02-23, 22:23   Link #46
Garve
Providence Breaker

Heya, alright, I wasn't at episode 24 when I've written this. Ok, considering that she was treated like shit (oh damn, that made me fkn mad again) I can't say I really hate her anymore, still I don't like her, but I also feel sorry for her. Poor girl.
Old 2008-02-24, 19:32   Link #47
Dreamiel
Rena X Keiichi FOREVER!

Rena is still the best, although Hanyuu is a close second. They should make another poll for your favorite Manga character though. I would totally vote for Natsumi ^___^.
Old 2008-03-03, 20:15   Link #48
GoldenCrystals
Higurashi Lover :3

I would Say Rena is my Favorite! ^_^
She was my Favorite in the first season too. xD
Old 2008-03-12, 08:09   Link #49
Totosh
Satoshi and Keiichi lover

My favorite are Satoshi and Keiichi X3
Old 2008-04-21, 00:43   Link #50
AnimeGirlMichiyoChan

rena, because she's very sweet and her berserk side is awesome o-o
same goes for shion, well, her relationship with satoshi was so cute....
rika=pure win, awesome chara! o0o
and hanyuu, why? Auauauauaua...... adorable x3
Old 2008-05-14, 06:06   Link #51
Taricitous

Send a message via MSN to Taricitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanner Falcon View Post
Definitely Shion. The elder of the Sonozaki twins has proven herself beyond a doubt the most loyal character in the series, even if she wasn't given much screen-time. Just look at episode 22-24.
umm huh????? 'Mion' is the elder of the twins........

My vote goes to the twins identical twins thats really really different!
Old 2008-05-14, 12:29   Link #52
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
umm huh????? 'Mion' is the elder of the twins........
not if you have read the TIPS
Old 2008-05-14, 14:26   Link #53
Taricitous

??? say again???? link please!?!, but the aint the TIPS from the game? i havnt played it
Old 2008-05-14, 15:29   Link #54
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taricitous View Post
??? say again???? link please!?!, but the aint the TIPS from the game? i havnt played it
There's a clearly labeled and stickied thread containing the translated TIPS (and one containing the Pieces from Matsuribayashi-hen) on this forum.
Old 2008-05-15, 02:18   Link #55
Taricitous

umm yea ok, after shiftng thro all of higurashi season 1 TIPS, i come to the conclusion that i am utterly confused, those TIPS just raises alot more problems, although i found alot of them some what interesting (specially the names of the families) i cannot understand the Mion/Shion thing.... (prob due to severe lack of sleep i have atm can't say i am thinking striaght), so bottom line, i don't get it .....
Old 2008-05-15, 02:27   Link #56
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Basically:
Let's call the usual twins we know with their appropriate name, while their "place" will be "heir" and "little sister".
Originally, Shion (the long haired we know all the time) was the true "heir" of the Sonozaki, as being the elder of the twins, the first born.
However, both Shion and Mion disapproved how the "little sister" slot ("shion") is in a unfair situation. So both twins just swap all the time so both can enjoy the "Mion" (so "heir") position.

Unfortunately, one day, Shion was "shion" (so the little sister) and was oddly invited to a amusement park or something. Mion (who was supposed to the shion, the true little sister), received the tatoo, the proof of the heir of the sonozaki.
Because of this, Mion and Shion were forced to play officially their opposite original positions. Mion became "Mion" while she was supposed to be "Shion".

This is the reason why Mion was always guilty and feelign sorry for Shion, because not only she wasn't exactly well treated, but she kinda "stole" Shion's happiness. That is the reason that, when Shion became nuts, they "naturally" reverted to their true positions, and Shion literally became "Mion" (the heir).
Old 2008-05-15, 02:57   Link #57
Taricitous

1st of all THANKYOU for the post, it made sense (yay)
2nd i dont think i will get too much involved in series with identical twins again.... (so so confusing)
3rd So the 2nd answer arc (Eye Opening) is just going into the details of how (Mion-Heir) did what she did in 2nd question arc (Cotton Drifting) instead of what i originally thought was an alternative world which switches the role of the twins, placing (Mion-little sister) as innocent and (Shion-Heir) as the murderer ps i think this is geting out of hand with the topic .....
Old 2008-06-24, 14:57   Link #58
hirahira
a duck is fine too

In the first season my favorite was Rena, in the second my favorite was Rika. I can't decide which one I like best in all so I voted for both.

I also voted for Hanyuu. Hanyuu in God-mode is pure win ♥
Old 2008-07-09, 10:21   Link #59
Katz

Send a message via MSN to Katz
Irie of course! He's such a funny character.

I also voted Mion, Rika, and Hanyuu though. Out of the main characters, they were my favorites this season. I would vote Rena, but I like psycho Rena from Onkikakushi/Tsumihoroboshi better. XD

Now that I think about it, I probably should've voted Shion also. I like the Sonozaki twins a lot.
Old 2008-08-15, 23:04   Link #60
Shizuka Hiou
Level X

seems like nipah got this.
Closed Thread