AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-03-15, 07:28   Link #141
Catnips

I want to buy at Himeya Shop but my country is not supported anymore but then again right now im buying games(non ero galge) on Play Asia.
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 02:43   Link #142
Triple zZz
Oyasumi ^3^

I see lots of people recommending playasia.
Q: what about custom taxes? how much is it usually?
is it possible to request playasia to ship as a gift to avoid custom taxes?

Anyone knows any local store in Vancouver or Seattle?
Triple zZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 14:42   Link #143
Catnips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple zZz View Post
I see lots of people recommending playasia.
Q: what about custom taxes? how much is it usually?

Anyone knows any local store in Vancouver or Seattle?
It would depend on the weight of the product that you've ordered actually but so far my orders(mostly Japanese games) aren't taxed at all which is great!
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 07:47   Link #144
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple zZz View Post
Most shops won't do that.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 12:50   Link #145
Shirogane
君の瞳に映る私は何色ですか?

I was wondering if anyone has had troubles with orders from Himeya lately? I had a preorder with them and the game has been out for 5 days, didn't get any update about it, they won't reply to my emails and the live support is always off. Starting to get really annoyed now...
Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-04, 21:22   Link #146
lightl

well its the golden week in japan now and ther wharehouse and offices are shut down till thursday it was stated on ther website but here the link that shows all the holiday they are clsoed for can always go to there website scroll down a bit look at the calander aswell. This is also hold true for erogeshop aswell
http://www.erogeshop.com/events_cale...iew/all_events
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-05, 11:19   Link #147
Shirogane
君の瞳に映る私は何色ですか?

Ohhh I see, thank you! Apparently they closed down the very same day that my game was released XD
Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-14, 02:16   Link #148
ASR1FanSubs
Feeling Big in Your Chair

Send a message via ICQ to ASR1FanSubs
another way is to play them as "Backups" Using a Exploit on your ps2.

HdLoader and or swap disk are you friends.
ASR1FanSubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 03:05   Link #149
Pirkaf

Hello, I have a question regarding Himeyashop and their "Shipping country list" as I'm from a country not listed there.
Have anyone from a not listed country tried ordering from them? I'd like to know if there's a chance at all. Frankly, I don't understand why that list is so small. I have no troubles ordering things from Amazon, Rightstuf, Jlist...
Pirkaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-01, 16:36   Link #150
lightl

They use only EMS shipping or UPs EMS is way cheaper. Does you country get appect EMS shipment? , if it does, c an try emailing them about it. Acually try talking to ther live support, they are around from 10 pm EST to 4 am est , actually it can be anywher from 8pm-10 pm they open. Hope that anser your question
Old 2009-06-04, 07:39   Link #151
plmko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirkaf View Post
Hello, I have a question regarding Himeyashop and their "Shipping country list" as I'm from a country not listed there.
Have anyone from a not listed country tried ordering from them? I'd like to know if there's a chance at all. Frankly, I don't understand why that list is so small. I have no troubles ordering things from Amazon, Rightstuf, Jlist...
They do not ship to alot of countries because those countries are either highly susceptible to lost packages or charge import taxes on goods. This is to avoid any dilemmas they may have from ignorant customers who claim bad service and spread bad news about the shop when really they have no liability.
plmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 15:00   Link #152
carolina17

After reading all the posts, Play-Asia seems the best choice. I'm not sure if Amazon.co.jp would send you video games (there might be some regional restrictions).
Moreover, You shouldn't pay custom taxes if your order costs less than $50.
carolina17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 10:36   Link #153
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Amazon JP will not ship anything that's not books or CD/DVDs outside Japan.

Play-Asia is overall good for the low shipping you can choose from, but the pre-order bonus is usually non-existance.

Himeya will get the pre-order for you guaranteed, but they're expensive.

HMV will give discount to games usually and ship to you (via EMS) using the exact shipping (instead of overcharging it like Himeya), but your chance of getting the pre-order bonus is 50%.
Old 2009-07-09, 15:31   Link #154
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I recently registered for Paletweb, up until now I've only used Shop Himiya but lately I've been thinking it's time to try someplace new and that has cheaper prices but while I wait for my funds to be transferred to my paypal account I have a some questions about them.

Are they reliable?

How quick is their shipping methods?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-11, 09:18   Link #155
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
Amazon JP will not ship anything that's not books or CD/DVDs outside Japan.
Not directly, no.

But using Tenso.com it is possible - and with any luck I'll have Atelier Rorona (PS3) in my hands Monday. I ordered it from Amazon JP and had it shipped to my Japanese shipping address from Tenso, which then forwarded it to me using EMS for 2290 yen, and that order also includes the last volume of Macross Frontier (so 2 BD discs).

I've ordered once from them before, and that went without a hitch. The only problem was that their shipping rates are weight based, so they're not so great if you want to order many heavy items (like manga). For a few light items (like one or two DVD/BD/games) they should be way cheaper than Amazon JP.

While I've only tried them with two Amazon JP orders so far, I would imagine you can use them with any Japanese shop or auction site. The only problem what may then remain is payment (in case the shop only accepts Japanese credit cards). That's not an issue with Amazon JP of course.

PS. For orders above 2000 yen Amazon JP has free shipping, so you only pay Tenso for shipping.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 15:24   Link #156
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHDpro View Post
The only problem was that their shipping rates are weight based, so they're not so great if you want to order many heavy items (like manga). For a few light items (like one or two DVD/BD/games) they should be way cheaper than Amazon JP.
Most, if not all, shipping from Japan to the rest of the world are weight-based. >_>

I would try that shop and all, but the middleman fee can get pretty expensive.

PS: Could've used HMV for the game + DVD combo and you wouldn't have to pay any middleman fee for that. (A DS game and a PSP game costed me a total EMS shipping of 1200 yen to North America.)
Old 2009-08-11, 13:03   Link #157
LittleBusterslover

I need to know, but which online shop is Little Busters! avalible on for around $20.00 or is that impossible help me!
LittleBusterslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 21:16   Link #158
Eva-Beatrice

I would try and download them via torrent or ebay
Eva-Beatrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 02:29   Link #159
hollowification

Send a message via MSN to hollowification
I want to buy few games like shuffle kanon and clannad series where can I buy that I want give it for present for a friend of mine?
Old 2010-04-23, 06:02   Link #160
lightl

well another place to order JP videogames is Cdjapan here the link http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/game/index.html