AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2009-07-01, 17:21   Link #261
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
mom is watching her AZN news, apparently 12 crazy fans of Michael's committed suicide...

oy *facepalm*
Nothing new. I clearly remember, back in the day, news about fans of Hide, former guitarist of X-Japan, commiting suicide after hearing about their idol's suicide. Yeah, fans can get crazy like that.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 22:48   Link #262
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
And here's the caring father

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFDN0...layer_embedded

And people wonder why Jackson was screwed up?
The fact that he refers to Michael as a star instead of his son seems heartless in of itself. The guy doesn't even seem to be paying attention during the interview.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-02, 02:44   Link #263
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
The fact that he refers to Michael as a star instead of his son seems heartless in of itself. The guy doesn't even seem to be paying attention during the interview.
Well, there are rumours that he abused Michael as a kid, so yeah, the story is older than you and I combined, Guido.
Old 2009-07-02, 11:16   Link #264
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Right.... I'm getting buried in MJ gossip 24/7 from local news, national news, international news, radio, tv --- and that's the "real news programs" never mind the tabloid crap.

You'd think the North Koreans, Iran, the global economy, and a dozen other critical issues that actually affect people personally might get a moment or two..... stupid stampeding news cattle. :P
Old 2009-07-02, 12:39   Link #265
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, there are rumours that he abused Michael as a kid, so yeah, the story is older than you and I combined, Guido.
Well I think by now they're considered more than just rumors. Michael himself talked about the abuse in an interview. To his father Jackson was like the golden child he could use to gain success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
You'd think the North Koreans, Iran, the global economy, and a dozen other critical issues that actually affect people personally might get a moment or two..... stupid stampeding news cattle. :P
Well they actually do get a moment or two, its just that you'd literally have to watch the news channels all day to catch said moments (not that'd be worth it).
Old 2009-07-02, 23:57   Link #266
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Not to mention Joe Jackson's shameless plugging of his new record label...and it's only been 3 days after one of his sons had died...makes me kind of sick that someone like Joe Jackson outlived his youngest son.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 02:01   Link #267
killer3000ad

Raw footage of an MJ rehearsal on the 23rd of June, 2 days before he died.

Man, looking at this footage, one wonders what could have been.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video....rehearsal.cnn

2nd link if the CNN site gives an error for some reason; http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1b7_1246564020

Last edited by killer3000ad; 2009-07-03 at 03:26.
killer3000ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 06:03   Link #268
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Raw footage of an MJ rehearsal on the 23rd of June, 2 days before he died.

Man, looking at this footage, one wonders what could have been.

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video....rehearsal.cnn

2nd link if the CNN site gives an error for some reason; http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1b7_1246564020
Looks like his in top shape.
Old 2009-07-03, 11:27   Link #269
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I heard that they were planning for the performances stuff like flaming beds, 20-foot tall puppets, and giant spiders.

Ed Alonzo (founder of "Misfits for Magic") said he designed a number of effects for the performances, including a glowing glass sphere that would float around Jackson and then into the crowd during the opening song, 1982's "Wanna Be Startin Somethin." A version of "Dirty Diana" was to feature a flaming bed with a pole-dancing aerialist (playing the part of the fire). After the fire woman pursued Jackson around the bed, she would tie him to the bed posts with gold rope, and a sheet of red fabric would spring up in front of him as he struggled in silhouette. When the sheet fell, it would be revealed that it was the woman struggling, not Jackson, and he would then materialize on a stage in the middle of the arena.

Sounds like it would have been one hell of a show.
Old 2009-07-05, 04:16   Link #270
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I'm not a big fan of Jackson, but I do like some of his older songs like "Thriller".

Came upon this news article today at the entertainment section of the newspaper. It's a touching story... I have more respect for him after reading it.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=70
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 07:31   Link #271
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
this is most likely the most trolling dream I have ever had but last night I dreamed about MJ:
I dreamed that his death was staged and that he was in fact still living and dazzled the world with an ass kicking awesome performance, it was so real that I was actually hesitating on whether or not he was actually dead when I woke up D:

anyway RIP Micheal, the world will miss you and we'll always remember the good old times
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-05, 10:17   Link #272
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

It's going to be like Elvis sightings.
Old 2009-07-05, 23:25   Link #273
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Right.... I'm getting buried in MJ gossip 24/7 from local news, national news, international news, radio, tv --- and that's the "real news programs" never mind the tabloid crap.

This.

I'm sad Michael Jackson passed and what not, but the constant news coverage on the death is not needed. I remember watching Good Morning Today once and the news lady was actually reporting at the sight where he collapsed from cardiac arrest. It's like: "Okay, do I really need to see where he died?"

Nonetheless he was a great entertainer and it's sad to see him go. Personally I think the 8 hour practice that he did the night before his death probably played into it. He was planning to do 50 shows right? I mean, I think he was going to die after I heard that news alone a few months ago :U That's just me.

Besides I don't think he's really dead lol
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 00:20   Link #274
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

Quote:

You know what? Its quite scary that MJ actually overrode the DPRK threat. I mean, what if, in the air of mourning for MJ, as well as July 4th celebrations, DPRK actually manages to bomb Hawaii or Guam? Now, what will happen?

Simple.
Pearl Harbor.

On the day the Japanese first struck US, it was a Sunday morning. US, thinking it was too far detached from WWII, all just went to Mass/Service, and celebrated Sabbath... Guess what happened.

4 battleships sunk,
4 battleships damaged including 1 run aground
2 destroyers sunk, 1 damaged
1 other ship sunk, 3 damaged
3 cruisers damaged[2]

188 aircraft destroyed, 155 aircraft damaged,
2,345 military and 57 civilians killed,
1,247 military and 35 civilians wounded.
Old 2009-07-06, 01:08   Link #275
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I'm not a big fan of Jackson, but I do like some of his older songs like "Thriller".

Came upon this news article today at the entertainment section of the newspaper. It's a touching story... I have more respect for him after reading it.

http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=70
exactly the kind of thing he should be remembered for.

thank you for posting that.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 09:40   Link #276
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimatheKat View Post
You know what? Its quite scary that MJ actually overrode the DPRK threat. I mean, what if, in the air of mourning for MJ, as well as July 4th celebrations, DPRK actually manages to bomb Hawaii or Guam? Now, what will happen?

Simple.
Pearl Harbor.

On the day the Japanese first struck US, it was a Sunday morning. US, thinking it was too far detached from WWII, all just went to Mass/Service, and celebrated Sabbath... Guess what happened.

4 battleships sunk,
4 battleships damaged including 1 run aground
2 destroyers sunk, 1 damaged
1 other ship sunk, 3 damaged
3 cruisers damaged[2]

188 aircraft destroyed, 155 aircraft damaged,
2,345 military and 57 civilians killed,
1,247 military and 35 civilians wounded.
Cold comfort it may be, but compared to the destruction the US caused in her role as the Destructive Saviour, these losses are really, really small.
Old 2009-07-06, 10:38   Link #277
Thingle
Banned

His music wasn't that good. It sounded manufactured.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 11:25   Link #278
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
how in the HELL did all these random comments come about from 1 persons death?
Old 2009-07-06, 13:09   Link #279
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
how in the HELL did all these random comments come about from 1 persons death?
Because Michael Jackson was a celebrity among celebrities. He was one of the most iconic musical performers of the last 100 years and was known and endeared by people all over the world, just as other musical icons like the Beatles and Elvis were.

When someone is that popular its not surprising that many people will mourn and talk about their death.
Old 2009-07-06, 14:17   Link #280
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Because Michael Jackson was a celebrity among celebrities. He was one of the most iconic musical performers of the last 100 years and was known and endeared by people all over the world, just as other musical icons like the Beatles and Elvis were.

When someone is that popular its not surprising that many people will mourn and talk about their death.
The problem is they weren't talking about his death. I would not have made the comment if they were. Not a big deal just thought it was strange i was a MJ fan for a long time going back to the Jackson 5 and the Jacksons days.

Tags
music