AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

Old 2010-04-11, 09:20   Link #941
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
I wonder if they'll rewrite it so TK gets a larger role. That'd be hilarious.
& would probably destroy what makes him so awesome now.
Old 2010-04-11, 09:23   Link #942
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& would probably destroy what makes him so awesome now.
Not necessarily. He could end up like Jeremiah from Code Geass if written well enough.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 09:26   Link #943
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think that's the point. Otherwise, Yuri wouldn't probably feel it so unfair that she'd go rebel against God.
Lots of cruel things happen (starvation, death by natural disaster, etc). It's considered trials that you have to overcome to be a better person and reinforce religious faith. It's still not a reason to rebel.

Besides, why did the parents leave the kids home alone? They are rich. They could have hired a babysitter.

Edit: I voted Tenshi.
Old 2010-04-11, 09:30   Link #944
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Not necessarily. He could end up like Jeremiah from Code Geass if written well enough.
& Jeremiah was destroyed for me.
Old 2010-04-11, 09:34   Link #945
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Lots of cruel things happen (starvation, death by natural disaster, etc). It's considered trials that you have to overcome to be a better person and reinforce religious faith. It's still not a reason to rebel.
Sure, that's what I believe too but other people think differently. This isn't the first time I've seen people genuinly believe that all the evil in the world is proof that God doesn't exist and if he does exist then he's a horrible monster. So I find Yuri's stance perfectly believable and not at all contrived.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 09:41   Link #946
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Sure, that's what I believe too but other people think differently. This isn't the first time I've seen people genuinly believe that all the evil in the world is proof that God doesn't exist and if he does exist then he's a horrible monster. So I find Yuri's stance perfectly believable and not at all contrived.
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. She survived that incident so what killed her in the end?
Old 2010-04-11, 09:43   Link #947
Tsuchi

Popularity poll already? Isn't it a bit too early for that?

I'm personally reserving my vote for when the series is finished. The complete character development matters a lot, doesn't it? Basing a poll in first impressions like this is a bit... pointless, from my point of view. Depending on how a character evolves, our opinion can change.

Maybe it's just me.
Quote:
Some (to not say many) people aren't that, let's say, strong, or faithful. Her rebellion is reasonable. Not to mention the fact that they're at some kind of Purgatory?, so she has nothing to lose.

The concept of "God" here could be unique, too. Yuri could be getting everything wrong.
Quote:
Besides, why did the parents leave the kids home alone? They are rich. They could have hired a babysitter.
Personally, I think she'd be killed too. Not much to do against several armed men.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 09:44   Link #948
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Just rewatched Ep 2 in case I missed anything.

Damn I love when Noda's flying in the air and it plays a bit of the ED. XD
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 09:51   Link #949
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post

I'm personally reserving my vote for when the series is finished. The complete character development matters a lot, doesn't it? Basing a poll in first impressions like this is a bit... pointless, from my point of view. Depending on how a character evolves, our opinion can change.

Maybe it's just me.
Maybe there will be a poll at the beginning and end so we can see who people liked at first, and how much we like them at the end when they are more fully developed.

Quote:
Why bother? yuri looks 10 or 11. old enough to keep her siblings out of trouble for a few hours. From the sounds of it she was a rather reliable older sis.

Baby sitters are there to make sure the kids don't get into trouble and as a rule enforcer. Not to protect the kids.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 09:52   Link #950
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Character poll is up here. Press the big red button to vote. From top to bottom, characters are
Spoiler for names:
lol, TK is number 1 in the polls! I wonder how Michael Rivas (TK's voice actor) feels about this?
Old 2010-04-11, 09:52   Link #951
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:

Maybe it's just me.
I think it would interesting to measure first impressions and compare them to popularity polls at the end to see how much our view of the characters has changed.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 10:00   Link #952
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well, watched episode 2, and I think I'll stick with this one. It does look like it will get better as it goes on, not to mention that I'm interested in the back story of the characters, especially Tenshi.

Quote:
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. She survived that incident so what killed her in the end?
My money is on grief.
Quote:
I think the pool is good to know which characters struck a chord so early with the watchers. From the looks of it, TK has so many votes they might consider making a spin-off about him.

My vote went to Shiina. I ended up liking her because she was the most competent person after Yuri in the group, but I'm more interested in Tenshi at this point.
Old 2010-04-11, 10:04   Link #953
Tsuchi

Quote:
Maybe there will be a poll at the beginning and end so we can see who people liked at first, and how much we like them at the end when they are more fully developed.
Quote:
I think it would interesting to measure first impressions and compare them to popularity polls at the end to see how much our view of the characters has changed.
Yeah, that's a good reason for that. I still prefer to see characters as a whole thing and I'm kinda bad with first impressions. Good point there.

No wonder TK is winning, following that criteria, haha.
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 10:14   Link #954
orion

Quote:
Yeah, that's a good reason for that. I still prefer to see characters as a whole thing and I'm kinda bad with first impressions. Good point there.

No wonder TK is winning, following that criteria, haha.
Having Tenshi put all of her soul in playing a piano in the opening nailed it for me. There's obviously more to this character.
Old 2010-04-11, 10:25   Link #955
GDB

Quote:
I'm sticking with my "Father eventually snaps and slaughters the rest of the family" theory.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 10:28   Link #956
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
They are a group of men. A house like that would generally have an extremely nice tv. They obviously don't care about time. Maybe I just really dislike the way they basically senselessly killed Yuri's siblings but the point still stands. If TVs aren't portable, steal their paintings. Or that vase Yuri was trying to bring them. It wasn't exactly hidden or anything.

I thought about that. But then I thought, a plan requires at least some level of intelligence. That little act of their obviously indicates that they have no intelligence whatsoever.

Probably. It's just that I either have to believe 'my god, these people are that stupid' or 'my god, these people are that sadistic'.
read the papers, plenty of examples in real life.
Old 2010-04-11, 10:36   Link #957
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
Damn I love when Noda's flying in the air and it plays a bit of the ED. XD
Yeah, that was friggin' awesome. Easily my favourite part of the episode, though Yuri's past had quite the impact too.
Old 2010-04-11, 11:24   Link #958
feRfe

lol i thought this was gonna be epic fail of fail from first ep but seems jun maeda gonna piece together a sympathetic piece from ep 2

ridiculous plot ---> not so ridiculous after all

fighting god part is good, that was a philosophical aspect i missed in ep 1 @@
feRfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 11:34   Link #959
klare

the amount of posts is amazing, i foresee a subforum for this

need wallpapers of the angel
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 14:40   Link #960
slayer
essense

Send a message via MSN to slayer