AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-04, 20:13   Link #21
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
No one character can retain the #1 spot because the higher your ranking goes, the harder you fall once someone votes against you. Not to mention you also receive far fewer points with each vote for.
It should eventually balance out and we will have a consistant group of top performers
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-05, 16:08   Link #22
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Yuki is back on top. It's really running slow right now. Must have gotten to popular or to many characters
Old 2011-01-05, 16:46   Link #23
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
Yuki is back on top. It's really running slow right now. Must have gotten to popular or to many characters
I think the reason why it's slow is that the points have been reduced too much (with 6 points being the maximum). Thus there is hardly any more movement there and it's becoming boring.
32 points, as it was at the beginning, was too much, but the 6 points now are much too few. Just take the average of the two: (32+6)/2=19, so take 19 or 20 points as maximum to allow for some movement.
Old 2011-01-05, 17:10   Link #24
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
No, I meant the site was running slow. Seems to be ok now. Yuki and Tenshi have flipped places, and a certain squid girl has invaded the top 10
Old 2011-01-05, 17:37   Link #25
hinakatbklyn

Ruiko has also been consistently hovering around the top spot as well along with Uiharu. Both have been above Mikoto for some time now although she's making her move.

Note the series Milfeulle Sakuraba is labeled under is Galaxy Angel rather than Galaxy Anger.
Old 2011-01-06, 07:09   Link #26
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Saten's got a big lead... about 30 points. Biribiri just fell to fourth place. Wow this is fast pace... Saten's holding on to it though and the gap's slowly widening.
Old 2011-01-06, 08:06   Link #27
Zeroryoko1974

Saten, biribiri, and Uiharu are all in the top 4. Most everyone in the top 20 is seperated by just a few points for each place. Except for Saten, she is about 20 pts ahead of 2nd place Haruhi
Old 2011-01-06, 14:33   Link #28
Zeroryoko1974

Some anti Yuki votes seemed to have come in. She was down to like 18th, she is currently back up to 10th
Old 2011-01-06, 19:38   Link #29
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

We don't need a status update every few hours as we can check the site ourselves and the results don't matter that much anyway.

Anyway mind telling me the starting value of a character? The coefficient you're using? Thanks in advance.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-06, 22:46   Link #30
PyTom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Anyway mind telling me the starting value of a character? The coefficient you're using? Thanks in advance.
Characters start at 1500. I may at some point change that to the median score, but that's not a big difference right now.

The coefficient is 20 until the character has 50 votes (either way), and then it drops to 10.
PyTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 00:34   Link #31
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
One thing I am not surprised at is how well Shiomiya Shiori from Only God Knows is doing.

I figured her for the dark horse candidate in ISML.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-07, 00:43   Link #32
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Ummm, it says images must be safe for work, the reason I assumed you had to approve images.

I think this is a good idea and support it.

But... I thought "panty shots" were NSFW. At least I think they are.

I just got to a vote on Shimada Hazuki, and she has a panty shot. It's not even an accidental one either, it shows her flashing.

Just saying, that ought not be there if you want to say SFW.

EDIT::

Seriously? Sumiregawa Nenene in her panties?

What... that... does not compute.

Okay I can sort of understand the Strike Witches, I mean, that's part of their "thing", but Sumiregawa Nenene? Why?

Although if you want SFW tags you really need to be careful with the Strike Witches too.

Anyway, nice thing you have organized, it's interesting, but, yeah you need a more strict filter with some of these pictures.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2011-01-07 at 01:01.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tournament