AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-04, 23:29   Link #3061
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
But isn't that what make Diablo? The grinding.
Grinding for gold while I watch youtube videos to alleviate boredom is not my idea of a good game. But I have no other choice.

There is no middle ground. I either have top end gear to survive against Inferno elites so I can farm them, or I can't so I go to Hell and Nightmare for gold farming. The fact that I lose 3000 gold when killed means this is the only way to go.
Old 2012-07-05, 00:23   Link #3062
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Grinding for gold while I watch youtube videos to alleviate boredom is not my idea of a good game. But I have no other choice.

There is no middle ground. I either have top end gear to survive against Inferno elites so I can farm them, or I can't so I go to Hell and Nightmare for gold farming. The fact that I lose 3000 gold when killed means this is the only way to go.
I had the same problem when i first started inferno. What class are you? As a barb, what i did was go to the auction house and spend 50~200k on each piece of armour, as long as it had 70~80 all resistance and some vitality as well. Those were the only 2 stats i looked out for, and in the end all the damage i had only came from my weapon (which incidentally wasn't very good). My survivability skyrocketed, even though it took an age to kill all mobs.
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 01:04   Link #3063
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I'm going to say you are a liar, then. I'm at situation where I can survive against Inferno if I pay attention, and I'm sure that's no way in hell top end gear set I have. The middle ground is Act 4 Hell, in case you didn't know. I'm still dying a lot in Inferno, but guess what? I'm making money, and not from AH. The loot alone is enough to pay for repair bills.

That doesn't mean Diablo 3 in anyway the best game ever, but people keep making the big deal out of something that shouldn't happen. Do you love to ram your head to the wall and complain that the wall shouldn't exist in the first place?
Old 2012-07-05, 02:11   Link #3064
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I'm going to say you are a liar, then. I'm at situation where I can survive against Inferno if I pay attention, and I'm sure that's no way in hell top end gear set I have. The middle ground is Act 4 Hell, in case you didn't know. I'm still dying a lot in Inferno, but guess what? I'm making money, and not from AH. The loot alone is enough to pay for repair bills.

That doesn't mean Diablo 3 in anyway the best game ever, but people keep making the big deal out of something that shouldn't happen. Do you love to ram your head to the wall and complain that the wall shouldn't exist in the first place?
Then call me a liar. That's what Blizzard has being calling me ever since the game came out anyway. I am used to being abused by now. What's the different that one more person say so? It's not like I have ever felt like a paid customer.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:46   Link #3065
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Grinding had a purpose in Diablo 2. One is mainly pvp (wait, where is this in D3?) , or to tackle special bonus areas like Uber Tristram which gave access to unique items that could only be found there.
Uber Tristam? That didn't even exist when D2 and LoD was released. Back then it was pretty much all about the grinding, doing endless boss runs. This game is no different well except for the fact you don't need to start over when you make a mistake with your talents/abilities.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:53   Link #3066
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Outside of dying a dozen times every time you meet an Elite Pack (at which point you should probably re-evaluate your gear/skill setup), or refusing to pick up every gold pile you see, or ignoring all the Magical loot, I am having trouble understanding how one can lose money even on Inferno.

The game definitely gives you more gold than you need, so any gold loss will be due to the player's actions or mis-actions.

A Reign of the Black King run will garner about 30-40k gold, and is generally one of the easiest Inferno runs. If you can clear Hell Act-4 comfortably, you should be able to clear this run competently. To negate that 30-40k gold, you will need to die about 10-12 times which is extremely excessive.

A Warden & Butcher run will garner about 50-75k gold, depending on Elite pack spawns. That's about 20-35 deaths.

Additionally, this is assuming that you have royally bad luck and find absolutely NOTHING of worth to sell on the Auction House, not even for chump change. Furthermore, you can salvage iLvl 61-63 junk Magic/Rare items for their Inferno crafting materials, and sell the dust for about a 1000g each.

I have some issues with Inferno, in particular the damage level of the afterburn of Constructs' fireballs and from the Molten affix, but gaining gold is not one of them.

~~~~ ~~~~

If you want, you can add me on and I will run with you on a Warden & Butcher run and see what tips I can give you.

Cheers.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:29   Link #3067
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Any kind of kiting build is vastly harder to manage then a tank build. Trying to avoid being 1 or two-shot by elites who have ridiculous affixes like vortex/molten, or teleport/firechains...Or the infamous invulnerably minions..Is nigh impossible at some point. Wizards probably have it hardest unless they opt for a critical mass build, since they have few escapes. Some defensive buffs and spells, yeah, but they do little unless you're seriously stacked with resistances. Once you hit Inferno act III+ anyways. And you're basically pigeonholed into going teleport with illusionist passive, because it's truly the only way to escape a large number of elite affixes.

Pre-nerf it was the melee who had a hard time, but the nerf completely reversed that. Now elites only do like half damage, which make them far less of a threat to melee, but still plenty of a threat to dps builds since they can still only take a few hits at best. And they're most likely to die because of this, hence the high repair costs.
Old 2012-07-05, 05:49   Link #3068
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:

Quote:
Then call me a liar. That's what Blizzard has being calling me ever since the game came out anyway. I am used to being abused by now. What's the different that one more person say so? It's not like I have ever felt like a paid customer.
>.>

Definition of top end is relative, but I'm sure Vallen means Inferno-viable gear.

Anyhow, I think I've explained enough in the previous pages that he is part of the group that actually got knocked back, and for those of us that weren't it's just hard to comprehend. When you are able to crush Act 1 Inferno pre-patch, it feels like nothing. But imagine having half the dps and damage reduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Uber Tristam? That didn't even exist when D2 and LoD was released. Back then it was pretty much all about the grinding, doing endless boss runs. This game is no different well except for the fact you don't need to start over when you make a mistake with your talents/abilities.
And D2 was pretty damned boring until that point I felt, til they equalized the loot areas in 1.10

And grinding in D2 is nothing like grinding in D3. Maybe because stuff actually drops in d2!

And screwing up your character was lame, but hey, if I want to build a character with retarded shit, let me!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-07-05 at 05:59.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:06   Link #3069
Wigwams

wiz question!
1) does disintegrate - convergence really hit twice if both beams hit the target?
2) does cold blood work for all damage instead of frost only?
Old 2012-07-05, 09:58   Link #3070
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

1) No.
2) Frost only.

I've been considering frost as "selfish mage" and fire as "generous mage" for their passive . Unless I'm in a party of 4 wizards who are playing Frost, there is no way I'm going to use Cold Blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Additionally, this is assuming that you have royally bad luck and find absolutely NOTHING of worth to sell on the Auction House, not even for chump change. .
Well, you are talking about me here. Looking at everyone in this thread that earned a huge amount of fortune from the loots really make me wonder about my luck, and I'm selling them really cheap, which are all 61+ gears. Still, I made enough budget to manage the repair bills and buy some stuffs for my Wiz.
Note: that wand is the one I bought before, and I'm selling them at loss (same price as when I bought, and then apply the 15% tax).

That feel when you see your shop deserted .
Old 2012-07-05, 10:14   Link #3071
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

You should search the AH to find gear with similar attributes before trying to sell your stuff.
If you can find an item with better stats at the price of 5k or something then don't bother
Old 2012-07-05, 11:07   Link #3072
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I can't tell from the screenshot, but making a profit (not killing, just simple profit) from the Auction House also requires the right pricing. If you can sell an item for more than its vendor/salvage value, then you have made a profit.

I regularly sell items in the 5-10k range (desirable stats, but low range, hence good as "starter" Inferno gear), but generally speaking, due to the 10-item limit of the Auction House, I try to only list items that I feel are worth at least 25k.

Although... sometimes it feels like nobody plays Witch Doctors, because I can never seem to sell the totems for anything. Compared to what Demon Hunters will pay for a good Rare Quiver or Monk melee weapons.

Cheers.
Old 2012-07-05, 11:42   Link #3073
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Although... sometimes it feels like nobody plays Witch Doctors, because I can never seem to sell the totems for anything. Compared to what Demon Hunters will pay for a good Rare Quiver or Monk melee weapons.

Cheers.
I haven't touched my WD ever since the IAS nerf. Poison dart was my main attack, and the IAS nerf killed it. The simultaneous bug with the Zombie bear (that was eventually fixed) caused people to abandon WD in droves.

I am essentially waiting for the Summon Health Buff that was promised, before I restart the character.
Old 2012-07-05, 11:49   Link #3074
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
I regularly sell items in the 5-10k range (desirable stats, but low range, hence good as "starter" Inferno gear), but generally speaking, due to the 10-item limit of the Auction House, I try to nly list items that I feel are worth at least 25k.
Most of the time because I feel like it actually worth something, and I keep it for my friends, then they just tell me they have better stuff, so I'm just throwing them on the AH for the price around 5 - 10k, even 3 or 4k. Just feel like there are people who can find my stuff useful for them at lower price, and it's kinda wasted to just salvage them all.
Old 2012-07-05, 15:19   Link #3075
Blaat

I finally have a level 60 HC character (Wizard) and yet now I'm too afraid to do anything with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
And D2 was pretty damned boring until that point I felt, til they equalized the loot areas in 1.10

And grinding in D2 is nothing like grinding in D3. Maybe because stuff actually drops in d2!
Stuff drops in D3, more than in D2 that's for sure sadly enough most of it is crap.
Old 2012-07-05, 17:10   Link #3076
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well, D2 had more gold and green to offset the boringness, even if a lot of them sucked. But many low level green/gold items were really good for their levels, and I actually took some level 10-15 uniques to hell because they were pretty good til I could replace them.

Also, crafted items were a different color. Why didn't they even bother with this in d3? It makes it stand out. Or did the game designers think players were too stupid to differentiate between more than 3 colors?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-07-05, 18:11   Link #3077
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Anyone experience this? When I tried to login into my D3 account it told me that my name/pw was wrong and I had to reset it over the battle.net site. After finally getting into the account again my difficulty had been set back to normal for some reason. I'm not exactly sure if this is caused by overwriting progress up to my current quest but the gold was set back to 0 as well.

Equipment and chest contents are all still there so it was probably something within the game itself but it's still quite confusing.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 18:26   Link #3078
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Some people who were hacked only lost their gold, so it's possible you were. If you lost all your gold, good chance you were. Because outside of still having your chest content, all signs point towards that. Especially since you were sent back to normal mode, which is where all hacked victims end up.

In a nutshell, gg get an authenticator.
Old 2012-07-05, 18:29   Link #3079
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Which is pretty much the first thing I did. Kinda weird since I usually do this kind of stuff right away in every game, guess I forgot it for once
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 19:34   Link #3080
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

It's definitely a breach. Gold, unfortunately is always useful, so it got taken-- I guess you had nothing else of value to steal, for better or for worse.

Contact support immediately and scan system for viruses or whatnot; change passwords. Can never be too safe.

Anyhow, I'm thinking of what skills to use in on my hc wizard's templar. His healing seems to be so marginal and he doesn't heal you til you're low. As a result, I decided to turn him into a suicide fighter. Intimidate and Guardian should in theory have him throwing himself around to his death when I'm in trouble or getting lagged badly. Charge will have him stun enemies and intimidate goes along well with all of this as they get slowed for touching him as I run away when he's getting slaughtered.

I also spent like 15k so he can do 70 dps. -_-; But with 1000 armor and his palty 2700 health, he can be a nice distraction. I'm mostly looking for a lag guarder. The goal here is that since monsters tend to ignore followers and they do crap damage anyways, I want to encourage him to get hit as much as possible. Because if he gets hit, and I don't, that's a good thing. I don't have to pay for durability, and more importantly I don't die. That means he's a tank and makes his pathetic existence useful for a few seconds before he dies and comes back again. I'll even endure his banal cool stories

Edit: Well, my wizard survived being disconnected in front of a pack. I assume either I was able to brush off their crap or my templar was taking some hits for me.

I am considering no longer solo'ing with my wizard. It's retarded that the greatest challenge comes from server instability.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-07-06 at 03:45.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler