AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-03-26, 17:15   Link #1
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

[PS3] Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemist of Dusk Sky

New Alchemist Game revealed, with two protagonists and running on the Dynasty Warriors engine.

(http://gematsu.com/2013/03/atelier-e...-playstation-3)

Quote:
Escha Malier (voiced by Rie Murakawa) is our 15-year-old female protagonist. Her mother taught her the basics of alchemy, but she’s self-taught for the most part, thus not very experienced. She is described as pure-hearted, and also has a tail.
Oh, just casually drop that on us eh...

Quote:
Logix Ficsario (voiced by Kaito Ishikawa) is our 18-year-old male protagonist. He wields an alchemical sword, the product of fencing and alchemy, but is not very familiar with the old alchemy used by Escha. He is described as the game’s dreamiest character.
You don't say...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 17:49   Link #2
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm really loving all the whining about the male protagonist.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 17:53   Link #3
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Personally, I thought it's about time.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:01   Link #4
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

By some reason this remind me to Mana Khemia with Dual protagonist and turn based system.

Dynasty Warriors engine, huh. well based on scan it doesnt look much different than Ayesha so is not really mater. then again Dynasty Warriors and Atelier engine is based on same base engine (phryengine). thought i am not surprised if the make Atelier Musou later

Quote:
not the first time thought

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 18:08   Link #5
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

^ Atelier Musou would be pretty dang HOT. running around as Totori and killing thousands of monsters with her synthesis items.

i bet Escha is a cat (has a tail) and Logix is a pretty boy. ^______^

i thought this was going to be for the Vita version since people were mentioning
it was, but i guess it's not. so it's going to be running on Dynasty Warriors engine, interesting.
i wonder how this game going to turn out. well, the only real thing that matters if the
game runs smoothly...hopefully, and not crash and burn.

i still barely starting on Ayesha. my body is not ready for Escha & Logi yet. and if
this game gets localized....Koei better not leave the Japanese voice out! better yet,
dual audio!
Old 2013-03-26, 18:20   Link #6
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Atelier should be all about controlling a loli running around making weird drinks, so why would I want a male atelier?

Stop pandering to the fujoshi demographic by including a potential mature male mentor x young bishie apprentice relationship.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 18:33   Link #7
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

You May Interested in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Atelier should be all about controlling a loli running around making weird drinks, so why would I want a male atelier?

Stop pandering to the fujoshi demographic by including a potential mature male mentor x young bishie apprentice relationship.

Old 2013-03-26, 18:42   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I guess he did ask for it most of the male characters in past games were older men.

I guess it would appeal to Saintess more.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-03-26 at 18:59.
Old 2013-03-26, 19:09   Link #9
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Yeah see this is what I mean, this sort of man-hating.
I have nothing against female protagonists (in fact I prefer them) but these knee-jerk "why is there a boy in my Atelier" reactions are really bothering me for some reason.
No offense meant or anything though. I do understand why people dislike male protagonists generally, but there's nothing intrinsically wrong with them...

Last edited by Tyabann; 2013-03-26 at 19:25.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 19:20   Link #10
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

@RRW and Chaos : Fuck you both. No. Stop defiling my loli apothecary-magical-girls.

Quote:
Yeah see this is what I mean, this sort of man-hating.
I have nothing against female protagonists (in fact I prefer them) but these knee-jerk "why is there a boy in my Atelier" reactions are really bothering me.
The reason why I like Atelier is because of the immersion - you get to treat the heroine like your own cuddly little loli as she overcomes all odds.

Why would I want a shota or bishie? After all, I am a straight guy with a sense of chivalry to protect innocent pure young girls.

Actually I am fine with it. Just sticking to my forum personality as the aniki hogosha. Maybe I am reflecting the thoughts of those ranters with this post.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-03-26, 19:27   Link #11
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Saintess, you realized that you could chose between the two right?
Old 2013-03-26, 19:35   Link #12
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Is it the same guy who draw the design for previous atelier series? He tends to make good art even for his male characters so I'm not complaining..

and uh, while it's true that it'll use DW engine for this game, I've heard that the gameplay wouldn't be the same like DW?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 19:42   Link #13
demino_hellsin
That one guy

They really make atelier games one after another huh @_@

I like that XD
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 19:54   Link #14
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Saintess, you realized that you could chose between the two right?
Is it like Xilia? Never played that.

And why would I want to choose a dreamy bishie who is literally the game's uke potential? Why can't I choose a dreamy and ditzy loli with a personality like Azusa from IDM?

Old 2013-03-26, 19:59   Link #15
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

And why would I want to choose a dreamy bishie who is literally the game's uke potential? Why can't I choose a dreamy and ditzy loli with a personality like Azusa from IDM?
Yes yes you can pick the loli that would be the object of affection from every middle age male character in the game.

You've seen the doujins right?
Old 2013-03-26, 20:08   Link #16
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yes yes you can pick the loli that would be the object of affection from every middle age male character in the game.

You've seen the doujins right?
I read a few of their doujins, and I thought the cutest ones always have Totori or Cuderia in it.

Of course there is that weird Sterkenburg x Gino one which has a hilarious plot...

I wonder if Escha has a quirk, e.g likes tea as much as Rorona likes pies......

Old 2013-03-26, 20:17   Link #17
defki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Is it the same guy who draw the design for previous atelier series? He tends to make good art even for his male characters so I'm not complaining..

and uh, while it's true that it'll use DW engine for this game, I've heard that the gameplay wouldn't be the same like DW?
Depends on which Atelier games you mean. They change the illustrator all the time for the Atelier series.

If you mean Ayesha then yes it's the same artist for this game, Hidari.
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 20:29   Link #18
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, if there are choices, I don't see much problem. More options for players is always a good thing.

Not like I'll touch the guy anyway.
Old 2013-03-26, 20:49   Link #19
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Escha's tail... does that looks like a Tanuki's tail to anyone?
Old 2013-03-26, 23:28   Link #20
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post

same person as ayesha since it's a same "series"

the battle system is turn based

Quote:
yep, each protag story is takes place same timeline and the story been told side by side. probably at the end they will join force to fight final boss

Quote:
I read a few of their doujins, and I thought the cutest ones always have Totori or Cuderia in it.
they one with mimi and totori is nice :3