AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-10-06, 02:55   Link #1201

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugi
The anime I'm trying to find is from 15 years ago. I will try to be as detailed as possible. The show was about giant miniature-looking robots. The main character controls his robot by being on top of the robots head holding onto the horns. The other character I remember most about is a young, blonde barbarian holding a club dressed in some animal skin with a horn growing out of his head. Any clues about this show is appreciated.
From 2 years late to only 7 months, yay!

Anyway, I think you are looking for Mashin Eiyuden Wataru.
Old 2006-10-06, 03:16   Link #1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxanimefan4_ever
2)I'm not sure how many soccer animes there are
I think it's probably from the 80's and it was about soccer...
they had some "gravity-defying" soccer kicks to the goal where the guy kicks it and does some kinda backward flip at the same time and some weird "fire visuals" around him or something. that's all I can say
Woot, only 6 months behind now! You're probably thinking of Captain Tsubasa. It's the only soccer anime where gravity-defying (nay, laws-of-physics-defying) maneuvers are commonplace.
Old 2006-10-06, 04:09   Link #1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith
4 - Saber-something. It's from an old anime.
You're thinking of Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs?

Less than 3 months now...
Old 2006-10-06, 04:22   Link #1204

Two months till present, yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by serasvictoria
pic 3

the last pic is old school :P
The last one is from Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibouken. The anime was so-so, but the manga IMO is one of the best underrated shounen has to offer. I used to have the whole set, but my parents tossed them when they renovated the house.
Old 2006-10-06, 04:43   Link #1205
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Hee hee you're right 052569. I liked that show...
Old 2006-10-06, 06:00   Link #1206

YES! I'm finally caught up.

All 31 pages of goodness. Kids, try not to suffer from insomnia...

Now that I've attempted answering unanswered posts (though the OP probably will never see them...), I've got a question of my own:

I saw this about 10~12 years ago, and it's either a movie or an 1-ep. OAV. The time is in the far future, where space travel is commonplace. The protagonist was on a business trip when his spacecraft crashed into an uncharted/primitive planet. While making his way through the land (a jungle, maybe?) trying to find his way back to civilation, he met a girl, a native of the planet, while she was bathing. Naturally, he was accused of peeking at her and acting like a pervert.

The girl basically looks like a life-sized Tinkerbell, i.e. a fairy. I don't remember much about the plot, though I recall at one point they got into some sort of argument, and the protagonist held the standard defensive posture (both hands open, palms facing out, placed near the chest), which unfortunately meant something along the line of "I reject your advances in the most severe possible way" in the local culture.

In the end, he decided to stay with her in the planet, and as credits roll you see them (presumably a few years after the main story) with their children, and she's still pregnant.

--------

Perhaps there really should be another thread in the Games forums for identifying unknown games, but apparently this thread serves dual function. There are two eroge from 6~7 years ago, that I want to find out what they're called. I described them in this post from the Utawarerumono game thread, but no one knew what I was looking for.

However, while transferring my old backups from ZIP disks, apparently I kept screen caps of the games--only the ero bits, though.

Here's one of the screencaps with the least nudity for the first game:

Spoiler for NSFW WARNING!:

The second game:

Thanks in advance.
Old 2006-10-08, 09:28   Link #1207
Teppei
Lost in the Vortex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofox View Post
Okay, so there was this series I watched years and years ago (early 90s probably). It was animated, it had a continuing plotline (lost two attempts to watch it from begining to end) and while I don't know specifically if it was animé or not, it had a strong atmosphere that could shift between gentle and fun, dark and threatening or faciful and dreamlike.
Since the show had no apparent status quo, and I'm not sure how events moved forward, I'll tell you what I remember. It seemed to be set in the early 1900s, they had planes, but were of an old "Biggles" era design, something about the setting reminded me of England (green fields, old aircraft, classic cars), but it could just have been inspiration for the series me just associated it with something farmiliar.
It centred on this girl. I can't remember the exact sequence of events but early on she crashes a plane and ends up in hospital (I think it was sabotage, with her friends taking their own back on the villan by putting rocket fuel in his plane, letting he watch from the window. The scene is played pretty comically with the guy yelling as the plane goes out of control in a "Dastardly" sort of way.). In another episode she meets Pinnochio who brings here to Leonardo da Vinci. As the series progressed, it became more dreamlike with her going through some sort of fantasy world accompanied by a flying, talking cat with a cap and propellor on his head. (The cat she rescued from drowning [he didn't speak or fly yet] while she was apparently in a wheelchair).
There were some more threatening aspects to the show too, including this dark clould with red eyes that early on, killed this doctor by getting him out of his car and surrounding him. As he struggles against it, we cut to a rainy doorstep where a friend is informed of his death (The scene made an impression on my young mind as it was so ominous and fearful).

So, if anyone knows anything about this series, let me know. Thanks.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clementine's_Enchanted_Journey

I wish more of these French / Japan collaboration anime shows were available or were fansubbed!
Teppei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 02:34   Link #1208
Crush

well i guess this is worth a shot, kinda really tired browsing through anime site to find this one anime i watched a while back but dont remember the name of

here goes....

this anime was probably released in 2000-2003, it was a spaceship kinda anime with a war going one and as always one ship that could never be defeated =.=...i know this may sound like the other ones but bare with me... the battles in the anime were fought in hyperspace(?) with a time space bubbles surrounding the ship...and thats all i could remember

if anyone would know of some references to spaceship animes with that kinda battle style i would appreciate hearing about it...thx ^^
just trying to find the one im looking for and any tips that would lead to me finding it would help
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 02:43   Link #1209
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Ah! I think that you're thinking of Crest of the Stars! (which has sequels Banner of the Stars and Banner of the Stars II.) It had a rather distinctive battle style where time space bubbles had to be synchronized to fight.

Take a look at the artstyle and synopsis on the above link to let me know if it is right.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 03:00   Link #1210
Crush

i dont think its crest of the stars...
well im go check my stash for that one...to double check
i didnt think it had a romance story integrated with the anime im talking about...hmm
now must wait for other replies to see if theres others
Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 03:43   Link #1211
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 052569 View Post
However, while transferring my old backups from ZIP disks, apparently I kept screen caps of the games--only the ero bits, though.

Here's one of the screencaps with the least nudity for the first game:

Thanks in advance.
The top one doesn't look familiar.
The bottom one is from メビウスロイド (Moebius-roid)
An old シルキーズ (Silkies) brand MS-DOS game, released 1995.
Silkies brand is part of Elf.

It's been ten years since I played it, I don't recall the plot or anything from it
Old 2006-10-11, 04:51   Link #1212
chewinchocolate

ID this tshirt please :)

I would like help identifying the anime on this t-shirt, please.
http://www.zipzapzooom.com/TSHIRT/BOM/770/BOAT/AA1.jpg
chewinchocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 05:07   Link #1213
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewinchocolate View Post
I would like help identifying the anime on this t-shirt, please.
http://www.zipzapzooom.com/TSHIRT/BOM/770/BOAT/AA1.jpg
That would be Magical Maid Koyuri from Nurse Witch Komugi

Cheers.
Old 2006-10-11, 10:00   Link #1214

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The top one doesn't look familiar.
The bottom one is from メビウスロイド (Moebius-roid)
An old シルキーズ (Silkies) brand MS-DOS game, released 1995.
Silkies brand is part of Elf.

It's been ten years since I played it, I don't recall the plot or anything from it
Hmm, it would certainly explain why I named the screen caps mbius*.

Inferring from that, maybe the first game is called mira-something. Mirabilis, Miracle, Mirador, Mirage, Mire, Mirky, Mirror, Mirth? Anything rings a bell?

I've also made a collage of each distinct character from my screen caps; perhaps that'll help.
Spoiler for Really NSFW!:

I wonder if / where I can still find copies of them...
Old 2006-10-11, 11:11   Link #1215
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 052569 View Post
Hmm, it would certainly explain why I named the screen caps mbius*.

Inferring from that, maybe the first game is called mira-something. Mirabilis, Miracle, Mirador, Mirage, Mire, Mirky, Mirror, Mirth? Anything rings a bell?

I've also made a collage of each distinct character from my screen caps; perhaps that'll help.
Spoiler for Really NSFW!:

I wonder if / where I can still find copies of them...
Oh crud!

I remember playing that game a long time ago.
It's an old DOS RPG called "Mirage 2".
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 16:41   Link #1216
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

I have a few of which I dont know if is either manga/anime/arts work. Thanks alot in advance for help ><

edit: 1st one answered hehe, is Wiz Anniversary (a game not anime) found my answer a few pages before :P , 2 more to go

Last edited by Shikimori Kazuki; 2006-10-11 at 16:55.
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 17:00   Link #1217
Jekyll
Rozen Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki View Post
This one is Muteki Kanban Musume.
Jekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 17:02   Link #1218
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
I
Muteki Kanban Musume

Edit: Heh. Beaten while I prepared my post.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-11, 19:28   Link #1219
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:

The artwork is by Suzuhira Hiro (鈴平ひろ), the same artist responsible for character artwork for Navel games.

The image is probably from one of the artists' [HEART-WORK] image collections. Many of the characters in it are original works, and this one is one of them~~
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-12, 10:21   Link #1220
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

^ Thanks very much to you guys for helping out . Hmmm, Muteki Kanban Musume is comedy which i like ^__^. *zooms off to download* weeee. Thanks again!!!
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel