3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-07, 21:55   Link #81
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
also, hitagi was offering hanekawa a place to stay.. might be because she knows hanekawa will eventually end up in arararagi's house. but that's just me speculating on hitagi's intentions.
No, Hitagi is offering because she knows Tsubasa would otherwise live like a hobo without any qualms instead of asking for help. Other than Tsubasa herself, anyone could see what was wrong with that picture.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:04   Link #82
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
just dump senjougahara already.

also, hitagi was offering hanekawa a place to stay.. might be because she knows hanekawa will eventually end up in arararagi's house. but that's just me speculating on hitagi's intentions.
Or she could just be being nice and helping a friend out.

On another note the people of /a/ was not happy to see hitagi showing the degree of emotions she showed here.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:09   Link #83
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Is /a/ ever happy? lol
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 22:40   Link #84
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
Or she could just be being nice and helping a friend out.

On another note the people of /a/ was not happy to see hitagi showing the degree of emotions she showed here.
This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Is /a/ ever happy? lol
and SHAFT didn't show much of Hitagi after her image change.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 02:24   Link #85
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I was disappointed seeing Hitagi in an underwear for 5-10 minds without Araragi on the same scene.... I can't feeling anything..... It's like an empty fan service.... Plus...

Short hair Hitagi + Underwear = Not sexy.....

*crowd goes wild..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 02:30   Link #86
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I was disappointed seeing Hitagi in an underwear for 5-10 minds without Araragi on the same scene.... I can't feeling anything..... It's like an empty fan service.... Plus...

*crowd goes wild..
I am pretty sure that Hitagi's objective was not to sexually arouse Tsubasa (our narrator, and by extension the audience's avatar)
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 02:36   Link #87
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
I am pretty sure that Hitagi's objective was not to sexually arouse Tsubasa (our narrator, and by extension the audience's avatar)
I never thought she has interest in Tsubasa (I'll curse the damn series if that happens) unless she is just intimidating her that she has a lot to offer Araragi other than her love for him....

I think she is loyal to Araragi and not a swinger....
Old 2013-07-08, 03:51   Link #88
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I never thought she has interest in Tsubasa (I'll curse the damn series if that happens) unless she is just intimidating her that she has a lot to offer Araragi other than her love for him....

I think she is loyal to Araragi and not a swinger....
Hitagi is deliberately trying to determine exactly how much of a threat Hanekawa is to her own lovelife. She is taking the chance to get to know Hanekawa; what kind of person she is, what personality, what taste, what desires. And even the shower is just a blunt way for her to assess Hanekawa's body. She said it herself; she wants to see her naked.

Why? Because she wants to know exactly how attractive Hanekawa's body is compared to her own.

All this time, Hanekawa is being analysed. Because as we know from the opening monologue, Hanekawa was living a lie. And Hitagi was trying to detect that lie.
Old 2013-07-08, 06:03   Link #89
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Hitagi is deliberately trying to determine exactly how much of a threat Hanekawa is to her own lovelife. She is taking the chance to get to know Hanekawa; what kind of person she is, what personality, what taste, what desires. And even the shower is just a blunt way for her to assess Hanekawa's body. She said it herself; she wants to see her naked.

Why? Because she wants to know exactly how attractive Hanekawa's body is compared to her own.

All this time, Hanekawa is being analysed. Because as we know from the opening monologue, Hanekawa was living a lie. And Hitagi was trying to detect that lie.
Why does there have to be an ulterior motive? Why can't she just be nice? I'm sure she just wants to help a friend in need. By the end of this they are to share the same pair of pants. (This is a traveling pants reference btw.)
Old 2013-07-08, 06:32   Link #90
Westlo
Lets be reality

Already talked about this @ other places so cbf but welcome POV change and thank you for the heavy dose of Hitagi.

#Hyped for next arc to the max but this arc is off to a good start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Yeah, Nise only had previews for the BD release. Kaiki did a rather hilarious one.
This I got to see! (Hope to hear his Nise theme again, if he comes back)

Quote:
I'm like #TeamLongHair and #shakingfist@Nisio because only Kissshot and Kanbaru remain on that team but no, just no.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-08, 06:38   Link #91
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Already talked about this @ other places so cbf but welcome POV change and thank you for the heavy dose of Hitagi.

#Hyped for next arc to the max but this arc is off to a good start.

This I got to see! (Hope to hear his Nise theme again, if he comes back)

I'm like #TeamLongHair and #shakingfist@Nisio because only Kissshot and Kanbaru remain on that team but no, just no.
There is still Yotsugi if monotone pre-teen girls are your cup of tea.
Old 2013-07-08, 08:39   Link #92
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, I think either of the girls are still sexy, despite the hairstyle change. While I am partial to long hair myself, It doesn't make them any less cute for me. Besides, their quirks alone make up for the hair loss.

And random thought: looking at how many poses Hitagi was throwing around, she poses as much as Nekokawa.
Old 2013-07-08, 16:33   Link #93
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Why does there have to be an ulterior motive? Why can't she just be nice? I'm sure she just wants to help a friend in need. By the end of this they are to share the same pair of pants. (This is a traveling pants reference btw.)
Don't know the reference, sorry.

And I am not suggesting that Hitagi had an ulterior motive for inviting her to her home; what she DID have an ulterior motive for, was to have a shower together. As she said herself she wants to see Hanekawa naked. And since she doesn't mean it sexually, then she meant it for a different reason. And the "different reason" was highlighted by the final line from her this episode; asking Hanekawa if she is still in love with her boyfriend.
Old 2013-07-08, 19:29   Link #94
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Yes!! yess!! YESSSSSSSS! MOAR fanservice please!

Nice thing about Monogatari is that they throw awesome fanservice coupled with awesome dialogue!
Old 2013-07-09, 01:14   Link #95
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Don't know the reference, sorry.

And I am not suggesting that Hitagi had an ulterior motive for inviting her to her home; what she DID have an ulterior motive for, was to have a shower together. As she said herself she wants to see Hanekawa naked. And since she doesn't mean it sexually, then she meant it for a different reason. And the "different reason" was highlighted by the final line from her this episode; asking Hanekawa if she is still in love with her boyfriend.
I don't know man, I was getting some serious yuri vibes.
Old 2013-07-09, 01:43   Link #96
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Eh? OK, were you getting the same yuri vibes when Suruga was implying a 3P back in S1? Because despite the presentation, everyone (audience and characters) knew that it would never happen.
Old 2013-07-09, 02:46   Link #97
Sol Falling

Females are empirically measured to have more "plastic" sexuality than men do. With such a lush prospect of a body as Hanekawa's, I see no reason not to expect a bit of playful interest. In any case, wanting a bit of lez play on the side certainly isn't emotionally equivalent to being willing to accept a 3P.

In any case, I think people are reading way too deep into Hitagi's motives if they can't imagine some level of legitimate compassion and comraderie between them. Hitagi is afraid of Hanekawa's existence to some extent to be sure, but she has already started the healing process. In particular Hitagi and Tsubasa's conversation in the early half of the episode show that Hitagi has come to understand Tsubasa on a meaningful level (and as the rest of the episode showed, in some ways perhaps more than Tsubasa knows herself). I think it is fair to read Hitagi's daily life as legitimately mostly regular joy by this point, as opposed to constant paranoia (though of course, it's impossible that that has been completely eliminated; I've no doubt it will still come up in the story, if/when it might have a genuine reason to).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 02:59   Link #98
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
The only potential lesbian or rather bi is Gabaru.
Old 2013-07-09, 03:27   Link #99
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Females are empirically measured to have more "plastic" sexuality than men do. With such a lush prospect of a body as Hanekawa's, I see no reason not to expect a bit of playful interest. In any case, wanting a bit of lez play on the side certainly isn't emotionally equivalent to being willing to accept a 3P.

In any case, I think people are reading way too deep into Hitagi's motives if they can't imagine some level of legitimate compassion and comraderie between them. Hitagi is afraid of Hanekawa's existence to some extent to be sure, but she has already started the healing process. In particular Hitagi and Tsubasa's conversation in the early half of the episode show that Hitagi has come to understand Tsubasa on a meaningful level (and as the rest of the episode showed, in some ways perhaps more than Tsubasa knows herself). I think it is fair to read Hitagi's daily life as legitimately mostly regular joy by this point, as opposed to constant paranoia (though of course, it's impossible that that has been completely eliminated; I've no doubt it will still come up in the story, if/when it might have a genuine reason to).
Here, everything that I've been trying to get at is right here.
Old 2013-07-09, 03:50   Link #100
Malkuth
Banned

Hoping for Tsubasa X Hitagi is hopeless, outside for some forced-yuri 18+ doujinshi... Tsubasa might have the personality and body we (and they) dream of, but Hitagi does not! Hitagi just wants to check out her competition due to her inferiority complex (which is natural, despite the lewedness of the situation, most people want to know such things, and I give it to her that she has the balls to do so, despite knowing the outcome)... should Koyomi be less dense, Hitagi would have done the same thing to the rest of the cast, despite having a short of an upper hand since Mayoi Snail against all of them... anyway, I don't want to complain much, since these sort of things are fuel for other artists' imagination that can take things way out of context to our delight