AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-01-15, 01:49   Link #1
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
Thumbs up Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow

This platform/RPG fusion is an awesome game. It's alot like metroid in the way where you are started off at the beginning of one HUGE map that is the entire game. You have to explore everything for yourself, they don't really tell you where to go, just a general pointer. The gameplay is awesome and if you defeat enough of one enemy, you get it's attack/skill/powerup as a soul.

The graphics are strange, it's a 2D map with some 3D crammed into there so it's cool-looking. It's a very classic feel to the game.

This is a very addictive game and I recommend it for all you DS users out there, you will like it.
WolfCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 09:25   Link #2
mxg
The Lone Gamer

Send a message via AIM to mxg Send a message via MSN to mxg Send a message via Yahoo to mxg
I beat it about 5 times on Julius Mode and Soma's Story. Great Game to bad Alucard looks so GAY ! he does not look as cool as he used to in the charcter portraits. However this game is extemely addicting and it has alot of replay value especially sice their are tons of souls to collect and an SOUL Synth system which you can make into new weapons and thier is also alot of wepons to choose from rageing from Pole Arms - Great Swords.

And my favourite soul would have to be the the Poison Tale. However I am sure any and everyone of this forum who has a DS has this game simply becuase it is the best one out thier right now in many's opinion.
mxg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-15, 09:31   Link #3
Ryuu-Odjn
Lost...maybe

Except me, because Konami produced so very little copies of the game for the UK that I couldn't find it a week after it had come out. Or maybe it was because that twit in Game was hiding the last copy for himself, he did take a long time deciding it wasn't there and his mate did have a big grin on his face I've seen it second-hand but I flat-out refuse to pay the same price for a second hand game as a new one, especially when it's as recent as DoS is.

I'll probably order the US version soon though.
Ryuu-Odjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-16, 16:08   Link #4
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
This game is a real time killer. I spent lots of time doing funny stuff like throw cats at your enemies! It's really enjoyable and with well designed levels.

I like how it doesn't take you insane amounts of EXP to level up like some other RPGs do. It's also fun to level up because you run around and kill stuff in a platform environment.
Old 2006-01-19, 11:25   Link #5
lai

It looks like symphony of the night, which anyone who played it will tell you, was absolutely amazing. So to have this in your pocket is a very attractive prospect. When I can actually get it, I will.
lai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 21:24   Link #6
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Yay! I just unlocked Julius mode (Yea, I got the game recently) just when I was missing the original Castlevania stuff. Even the old music came back in Julius mode, and I got da whip! And you get Yoko as a playable character with Julius, of course.

If you were wanting classic stuff, this has it too.