AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-01-20, 06:19   Link #18561
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
I don't know what's special with this pic, I only see a low quality image
Long story short: It's not the quality, it's the content. Marissa has been compared to Nanoha ever since Nanoha's creation, as the two share the same 'proving my friendship through superior firepower' motto, which has led to Marissa being called Nanoha's teacher on more then one ocasion.

Master versus student... rarely does the balance go against the master.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody View Post
Tomoya has has same resemblance to the similar of Subaru's hair lolz
Uhm.. what? Tomoya's hair doesn't look anything like Subaru's. Vice's is far more accurate.

And really, can you see Tomoya, Tomoya cosplaying as a girl? Mister snarky-tough-guy?

He'd rather get kicked by Tomoyo.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 06:51   Link #18562
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Back from a 4 months absence... or was it 3? :/

Not sure if repost, but whatever. No higher res.

Spoiler for NSFWASS:

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 08:55   Link #18563
Tormenk

For the SubaIx fans. I think.

Spoiler for NSFW-ish:

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 09:26   Link #18564
Bloody

*Teana is using her starlight breaker into that pic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Uhm.. what? Tomoya's hair doesn't look anything like Subaru's. Vice's is far more accurate.

And really, can you see Tomoya, Tomoya cosplaying as a girl? Mister snarky-tough-guy?

He'd rather get kicked by Tomoyo.
Off topic:
yeah but they do have a same hair color, every time I see fanart or image of him it reminds me of Subaru without a voice IMO.

that's the point Subaru will cosplay as Tomoya in girl version while she and Teana were hugging together, thats why its hilarious

well.. this is Nanoha not CLANNAD, I respect the dude's VA but they did already confirm failcopterXAlto in SSX.
Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 11:28   Link #18565
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
The Hakurei Shrine doesn't have any - *is set on fire*
There will be after the bet :3

Quote:
apparently I'm favor in Subaru as Tomoya, that would be hilarious

Speaking of Touhou I hope to see a fanart of Teana as Hakurei Reimu,they havesame VA

EDIT:
Nanohas VA has a role in Touhou too in Anime, right?
Nope, but Caro does..... mukyu~~
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 11:33   Link #18566
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
On Touhou + Nanoha

Spoiler for Nice knowing you, Fate:

Unrequited loves anyone?

The two blondes have a lot more in common than you can think of.
I remember seeing a doujin cover with Nanoha & Reimu holding each other's hand. Can't find it on my laptop, though, so I'll appreciate it if anyone can post that pic.

Also, Cirno versus Reinforce Zwei? Battle of the Strongest, anyone?
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 12:07   Link #18567
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
And by low quality you mean...what?
It's hosted on Photobucket which automatically reduces the resolution of images to be 800x600 or less to keep the brandwidth down.

Now if you mean the 'drawing quality,' I'm going to have disagree with you there. The colors of their attacks have a nice blending to it and the parts that overlap between the colliding beams is nice. Look closer and you can see quite a bit of detail was put into their outfits: all the triangle-pieces on Nanoha's Barrier Jacket, the ruffels and wrinkles on Marisa (?)'s apron and dress. Not to mention the clothing is drawn in a way to depict movement from the rush of opposing air from the attacks rather than being in a static arrangement. Body proportions also look to be pretty good. Nope, I see a well drawn image here
I think that Soljashy said my points alredy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljashy View Post
Not to be mean here, but I can see where Evil Rick is coming from. It looks to me like something drawn by a ten-year-old. Maybe it's because Nanoha's face looks flat. Maybe it's Marisa's short and rigid arms. Perhaps it's the poor colouring job (Marisa's clothes and hair have white spots all over, not to mention Nanoha's transparent ribbon). Or the background which looks like someone just random movements with an airbrush...
I have to agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
@Evil Rick: Well, it is special because it's a Nanoha/Touhou crossover pic, and a Master Spark VS Starlight Breaker pic at that. Brilliant for us Touhou freaks, so it's just us - if you ain't know nothin' 'bout Touhou, it ain't none of yer beeswax, 'kay?

And anyway, when looking at a piece of art, as an artist one should be considering what one can take away from it and critque it in a way that's actually useful, rather than merely 1) fangirl/boy/whatevering over it, or 2) disparaging it. That's just unsavoury, even if you were as good as Michelangelo, which I doubt anyone here would boast to be. Even the masters used reference pictures.

Alright, now, the main meat of the post:

...Well, my friend, it is clearly an amateur drawing...

Firstly, we don't really have that much data on what the Touhou girls look like, only the work of skilled, experienced artists who are way hell out of the league of a lot of people. For all you heck know, the appearance could straddle the distance between a loli and a shoujo on any given place in the spectrum. In that sense, I don't really see too much problem with her arms being short.

Secondly, I don't see how "something drawn by a ten-year-old" isn't already a demeaning statement. Lots of people live down seven times that number of years without being able to reproduce anything of that standard; so, then, may I kindly ask, what are they if this person is the artistic equivalent of a 'ten year old'? I think that in posting comments for pictures, one should post as if the artist were present, and in this case, I believe a "needs a little more practice" followed by a list of credits and cons would've been more appropriate rather than a quip, no matter how innocently intended.

Lastly, I do see some place for credit on this picture that more than likely outweighs the obvious structural errors. In truth, I don't think a ribbon here and something there is the most important thing in art, especially of this sort. The basic main skills required by a fanart are, by and large, are actually there, albeit in a form that needs quite a bit more practice (If you're out there dude, I'm talkin' to ya - keep practicing! ): Sure, the digital whatnot is more than a little faulty, I'll grant you that, but otherwise it's a fair imitation, amateur though it is, spoiled only (and only, I emphasize) by the fact that the artist took the trouble to color it as well.

As I would say, there's fanart, and then there's fanart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soljashy View Post
All right, then, I believe this artist requires a fair degree of additional practice. Did that sound better?

Granted, the "ten year old" statement was a little harsh, and probably a by-product of my disbelief at the fiery defence for an inferior image (especially one posted in a thread with so many high quality images). Still, the fact that it illustrates a crossover does not magically raise its artistic quality, nor would I argue that Touhou characters having vaguely defined designs make poor proportions any more pleasing to the eye.

Since it is an amateur drawing, of course its low quality can be excused, and for what it's worth, I do think the detailed outfits look pretty authentic and I'm sure the artist will improve much with more experience. But I think you're giving him too much credit by saying the colouring job is the only part that subtracts from his work. Seriously, Nanoha's face needs a lot of work.
I have to agree again

Quote:
Long story short: It's not the quality, it's the content. Marissa has been compared to Nanoha ever since Nanoha's creation, as the two share the same 'proving my friendship through superior firepower' motto, which has led to Marissa being called Nanoha's teacher on more then one ocasion.

Master versus student... rarely does the balance go against the master.
I had see Nanoha being compared with Sakura, Gundam and even Dr. Strange but I never heard before of this Marissa

My point is of why everybody claim and defend this amateur pic to be good and justify its errors while I didn't get the same luck when I showed my very first pics of Nanoha and more than one said that my work was truly a work from a 10 years old kid.
Old 2009-01-20, 12:25   Link #18568
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
My point is of why everybody claim and defend this amateur pic to be good and justify its errors while I didn't get the same luck when I showed my very first pics of Nanoha and more than one said that my work was truly a work from a 10 years old kid.
I actually think that's one of the reasons people shot to its defense. Your art is... not among the greatest, so when people where being happy about the image and suddenly you come and and call it a low quality image without any constructive comment following it (not to mention that we hadn't been discussing the quality of the image to begin with, thus rendering your comment somewhat odd) it made people go *snap* "Well, it's not like you're one to talk!"

Truth be told, even I had a feeling of "Yee, looks like Rick's jealous that we like a low quality image while we don't fawn over his." running through me. Because you commented on the quality rather then the content, which is what we were giddy about, it made your reaction appear to be made out of jealousy.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 13:09   Link #18569
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Geebus wiggly, that shoddy Marissa vs Nanoha picture.... I try not to post pictures like that unless the idea behind it is kind of lole.

I'm sorry we can't all be like Trimoon or 比村奇石. Though I'm getting this weird feeling that no one would have really cared if it was a NanoFate picture or something along those lines.
Quote:
EDIT:
Nanohas VA has a role in Touhou too in Anime, right?
Well, if you look a the preview for the next episode....

"Yukarin is a seventeen year old!"

Then, Tamura Yukari could possibly be Yakumo Yukari since she's also part of the juunanasai kyoukai club with Inoue Kikuko. It's at least a seiyuu joke with Inoue Kikuko and it might not be anything more than that.

THIS IS JUST ME BEING HOPEFUL THAT YUKARI-HIME WILL BE IN THE ANIME.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 13:12   Link #18570
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Is... Is that Fate dressed up as Mickey Mouse?
Old 2009-01-20, 13:19   Link #18571
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
I had see Nanoha being compared with Sakura, Gundam and even Dr. Strange but I never heard before of this Marissa
Then you need to play more Touhou. Frankly speaking, Marisa Kirisame is one of the more easily recognizable characters from Touhou, along with Reimu Hakurei.

Quote:
In an extension to Keroko's comment, we never once claimed that it wasn't drawn by a ten-year old (I wonder how old is the artist) or that the image's quality was better than a ten-year old's.

To be fair, the picture is good not because the drawing is as beautiful as Picasso's, but because of its strong imagery of what we (those in the OC thread) have long discussed of the possible fight between Nanoha and Marisa (in such an epic way). Quality-wise, he should be credited for his attempt even if it was, at best, to most people, an amateur's drawing.

And personally, his points went up several notches on my scales simply for the merit of being humble. Jealousy is a wayward friend.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 13:35   Link #18572
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Is... Is that Fate dressed up as Mickey Mouse?
.... yep....
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
(I wonder how old is the artist)
Nineteen, turning twenty in September. Anyone care that they're male? :B

Oh hey, he seems to be a Tamura Yukari fan, too. Sweet.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-01-20, 13:40   Link #18573
Nina.Wolken
~~N/F~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
I remember seeing a doujin cover with Nanoha & Reimu holding each other's hand. Can't find it on my laptop, though, so I'll appreciate it if anyone can post that pic.
I don't remember that pic, strange...

But speaking of Nanoha&Touhou doujin, there is one I will definitly try to grab : *-*
Duster and Ensei work is really great, so if you want to know more about their work and this doujin : Duster+Ensei

---
One more artwork : left side : Eirin (from Touhou), right side : Feito-chan.
Old 2009-01-20, 14:03   Link #18574
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post

But speaking of Nanoha&Touhou doujin, there is one I will definitly try to grab : *-*
Duster and Ensei work is really great, so if you want to know more about their work and this doujin : Duster+Ensei

---
Fate, a potential subject of experiment for our favorite Lunarian genius.

On Yukari Tamura in a Touhou anime: if she go for her Nanoha voice, she'd be better fit as Suwako Moriya, Koishi Satori or *shivers* Flandre (watch her being cute at first then going for this creepy serious voice a la Rika Furude when Flan go yandere).
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 14:17   Link #18575
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
Was it....

Quote:

Unrequited loves anyone?
I've been meaning to edit that one. >w<

Alice : Can I use these?
Fate : Go ahead, go ahead... They're for nosebleeds anyway.
Quote:
On Yukari Tamura in a Touhou anime: if she go for her Nanoha voice, she'd be better fit as Suwako Moriya, Koishi Satori or *shivers* Flandre (watch her being cute at first then going for this creepy serious voice a la Rika Furude when Flan go yandere).
Well, she could always use the Dark Rika voice for Yukari. Her characters in Nabari no Ou and Kurokami have the same sort of tone and feel to them as well.

Hell, if she used her Pucchan voice, I could even see her as Wriggle Nightbug, should that character even appear.... >____>;

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-01-20, 14:44   Link #18576
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:

Thanx Sheba..... Now I've the image with kero-chan Suwako-sama voiced by Yukarin >.<
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 20:23   Link #18577
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post

---
Interesting. I gotta put my attention to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
Was it....
Ah, yes, this. Thanks; wonder if I can get this doujin in its entirety.

Quote:

The mental image of EX Bosses voiced by Yukarin.... OSHI-

USB500's brain explodes.
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 22:03   Link #18578
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I actually think that's one of the reasons people shot to its defense. Your art is... not among the greatest, so when people where being happy about the image and suddenly you come and and call it a low quality image without any constructive comment following it (not to mention that we hadn't been discussing the quality of the image to begin with, thus rendering your comment somewhat odd) it made people go *snap* "Well, it's not like you're one to talk!"

Truth be told, even I had a feeling of "Yee, looks like Rick's jealous that we like a low quality image while we don't fawn over his." running through me. Because you commented on the quality rather then the content, which is what we were giddy about, it made your reaction appear to be made out of jealousy.
I'm on the talk, I came her, saw many replies refering to the image, I saw it but to be honest, nothing on the image surprised me, I just saw a low quality image, then I felt curiosity and asked what was special with it... it's a crime to ask things like this now?

Plus... that time (and even now) when I asked why my works didn't get any reply the general answer was "the art is rough, low quality to coment something about"
Call it jealousy if you want, but in my opinion, it's unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
Then you need to play more Touhou. Frankly speaking, Marisa Kirisame is one of the more easily recognizable characters from Touhou, along with Reimu Hakurei.
I don't know that game, that's why I asked what was special with it

Quote:
Quality-wise, he should be credited for his attempt even if it was, at best, to most people, an amateur's drawing.
Great... I had never been credited for my attempts... I have been called Kid, ilogical, ten years old artist and that my work is shit, more than once.

And yes... I know that I'm getting out off topic, but I needed to say this, honestly
Please, any further coment about this use PMs or the Profile's chat, here is also an image to don't get out of the theme
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 2009-01-20, 22:20   Link #18579
Reiya
*Artist

No wonder why I love her .... <3

Subaru Nakajima plays as Lime from The Saber Marionette.... I've always watched this anime when I was a kid...good old days....

Spoiler:
Reiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-20, 22:30   Link #18580
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiya View Post
No wonder why I love her .... <3

Subaru Nakajima plays as Lime from The Saber Marionette.... I've always watched this anime when I was a kid...good old days....

Spoiler:
Yeah... me too, sad end tough

Tags
images, nanoha, nsfw