AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-23, 02:25   Link #21
Sumiyoshi

I don't see why everyone's saying that the first season's animation is better- I personally can't tell the difference. Season two looks nice and crisp and it is.

Anyways, I've been following Solar's sub- and with what people are saying about the other subbers, I'm going to keep it that way. That being said, I really liked this second episode, as it brings back a lot of what was missing in the first episode (like the eternal bon-bon joke), and you actually see more of some of the side characters do their stuff (like the Ruffians and the Ukiki Monkey Technique).

More importantly, they're starting to flesh out Freasha. She's still a bizarrely scary stereotyped-foreigner Russian girl, though. And we finally know a little more about Ayunosuke...
Old 2004-02-23, 16:51   Link #22
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just watched the first episode of Jubei chan 2. It was a blast. Cooler fighting scenes than the first Jubei chan. More gag and puns. Is it just me or it just something different about Hajime and Shiro?

Overall it is a good show, better than I was expected. Looking forward for more.

Salute and thank you to Solar team, you guys bring high quality translation, I really enjoy your works. Will be rooting for you guys.
Old 2004-02-23, 19:25   Link #23
uptown

Jubei Chan

I thought this anime was goign to be boring but it is really fun. Everyone should watch it.

Last edited by xris; 2004-02-23 at 19:36. Reason: Thread merged with existing Jubei-chan topic
Old 2004-02-23, 20:58   Link #24
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Jiyu : "Rei-kun?"
Freasha : "Un, Kodocha no Rei-kun."

Old 2004-02-23, 21:49   Link #25
Bullsquat
Strange Love

How does she know Rei Sagami? She watches Kodocha no Omocha in Russia??
Old 2004-02-24, 01:26   Link #26
brand
Deadly Ninja of Doom!

I watched the first two ep. from Solar. I also had downloaded the thrid ep. from Shinsen & SD but no matter what program I try to run it in it doesn't work. But now that I hear the Solar ones are so much better, I'll just keep with those.

As for the animation they only really cheap seen, was when she was at school taking to the girls and everyone else was just a little more then a stick figure.

Shiro's character changes confuses me also, he totaly off, he kinda starts out the same then loses it.
Spoiler:

Siberian Yagyu is totaly cool looking. I just love the character design.
Spoiler:

I can't wait to see more. I'm so excited.
Old 2004-02-24, 05:24   Link #27
Demn

solar's anarchopunk notes :D

Glad you all like my note sections :D I do try to make them nice. ^_^

For those of you who were wondering what music I used (:x) I will list them here, so just keep refreshing each episode :D

Intro ep 1: Track 7.0 from Zegota's new CD "Reclaim!", "Kosi idina [so that obstacles are no more]"
Notes ep 1: Zegota - Reclaim! - Kosi idina [so that obstacles are no more]
Intro ep 2: Elizabeth Daily - Better Off Dead Soundtrack - One Way Love
Notes ep 2: A Silver Mt. Zion - He Has Left Us Alone But Shaft - 13 Angles Standing Guard 'Round the Side of Your Bed
Intro ep 3: Circle Takes the Square - As the Roots Undo - Same Shade as Concrete
Notes ep 3: Tragedy - self titled - track 12 - intermezzo
Intro ep 4: Submission Hold - Sackcloth and Ashes - Turpentine
Notes ep 4: Chumbawamba - Never Mind the Ballots... Here's the Rest of Your Life - The Candidates Find Common Ground
Intro ep 5: Dead Prez - Revolutionary But Gangsta (RBG) - Down
Notes ep 5: Zegota - Reclaim! - Sleepwalkers
Intro ep 6: Dead Prez featuring The Coup - Turn Off the Radio - Get Up
Notes ep 6: Tem Eyos Ki - self titled - Ogoni
Intro ep 7: Former Members of Alfonsin - Bread and Circuits & Former Members of Alfonsin split LP - Kinetic
Notes ep 7: Taku Iwasaki - Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen - Indigo
Intro ep 8: Amebix - Monolith - Nobody's Driving
Notes ep 8: Memento Mori - self titled - Sharpened Stick Defense
Intro ep 9: Zounds - Can't Cheat Karma/WarSubvert - War/Subvert
Notes ep 9: Catharsis - Catharsis & Newborn split LP - Arsonist's Prayer
Intro ep 10: Please Inform the Captain this is a Hijack - self titled - Robot Rampage in Luxury World
Notes ep 10: A Silver Mt. Zion - 'This is Our Punk Rock,' Three Rusted Satellites Gather and Sing - Goodbye Desolate Railyard
Intro ep 11: His Hero is Gone - Monument to Thieves - Chavities
Notes ep 11: His Hero is Gone - Monument to Thieves - Like Weeds
Intro ep 12: Blacken the Skies - self titled - Only One Solution
Notes ep 12: Resist and Exist - Dare to Struggle, Dare to Win - The Movement
Intro ep 13: The Pillows - FLCL OST 1: Addict - Advice ~FLCL Arrange version~
Notes ep 13: Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Sleep - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven

Almost all of the music is anarchist and all of the albums are worth checking out. =)

Last edited by Demn; 2004-04-07 at 20:31.
Old 2004-02-24, 21:07   Link #28
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumiyoshi
I don't see why everyone's saying that the first season's animation is better- I personally can't tell the difference. Season two looks nice and crisp and it is.

Anyways, I've been following Solar's sub- and with what people are saying about the other subbers, I'm going to keep it that way. That being said, I really liked this second episode, as it brings back a lot of what was missing in the first episode (like the eternal bon-bon joke), and you actually see more of some of the side characters do their stuff (like the Ruffians and the Ukiki Monkey Technique).

More importantly, they're starting to flesh out Freasha. She's still a bizarrely scary stereotyped-foreigner Russian girl, though. And we finally know a little more about Ayunosuke...

Umm i dunno the series seem a little wackier than the first season. Cant get used to it.
Old 2004-02-25, 12:03   Link #29
Secca
nya`
*Artist

It's wackier yup. I cannot stop laughing when the Siberia Yagyu start dancing in episode 1.

Btw, Ayunosuke is really super fast when putting on and taking off the eyepatch. Even he could stole it while Jyubei is transformed. His skill is really scary. Good thing he's not an underwear thief.
Old 2004-02-25, 19:58   Link #30
roxfan
Solar Fansubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by brand
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-25, 20:13   Link #31
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Still haven't formed a real opinion on Season 2 yet - seems like more of the same
(probably means I need to go back and rewatch the first season)
Old 2004-02-25, 21:33   Link #32
Bullsquat
Strange Love

I hope Koinosuke gets back in the picture. As weird as this sounds, I was rooting for him to get together with Jiyu in the prequel in spite of Shiro. Since Shiro hit his head and is totally mental now, it makes a Koinosuke - Jiyu pairing even more plausible.
Old 2004-02-25, 21:38   Link #33
Vulkar
Lost in Time and Space

Send a message via AIM to Vulkar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
Since Shiro hit his head and is totally mental now, it makes a Koinosuke - Jiyu pairing even more plausible.
Wha? No. Bantaro all the way! I love that guy. Shiro being mental now opens the way for Bantaro to get together with Jiyu. She can be the first female Ruffian.
Old 2004-02-25, 21:59   Link #34
brand
Deadly Ninja of Doom!

I'm all for the Koinosuke - Jiyu pairing. I think they would be so cute. I was sad at the end of the first one that didn't happen.
Old 2004-02-25, 21:59   Link #35
guess

Solar fansub group, thank you for doing such a great job on fasubbing this series. You even get Russian and Korean part of languages. I don't know how you people manage to do that (maybe kidnap some translators from United Nations?) and I don’t know a word of Russian or Korean. I am grateful.
Old 2004-02-26, 09:29   Link #36
Uska
Guardian of the Seal

Send a message via AIM to Uska Send a message via Yahoo to Uska
Quote:
I watched the first two ep. from Solar. I also had downloaded the thrid ep. from Shinsen & SD but no matter what program I try to run it in it doesn't work.
try getting RC1, if that doesn't work ffdshow probably will.
Old 2004-02-26, 10:03   Link #37
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

it's interesting show, I haven't seen the first series yet but half of the time I'm confused on what is going on with all the side character craziness. At least jubie's storyline is easier to understand
Old 2004-02-26, 12:27   Link #38
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Quote:
I watched the first two ep. from Solar. I also had downloaded the thrid ep. from Shinsen & SD but no matter what program I try to run it in it doesn't work.
I think you need to install the latest version of XVID. That's what the guys from Shinsen says in their website.

I've just seen the 3rd episode. I think what differentiates this series from its prequel is the fact that this one has a more continuous flow to it while the previous was more episodic. That's what makes this series better I think because the feeling of anticipation is that much higher.

The problem though is Shiro. Damn, they are having a field day belittling this guy.
Spoiler:

This new director must have a deep rooted hatred towards the Ryujojis.

Bantaro & Jiyu? That would look so weird. But you know he's so far behind in the competition. Unlike Koinosuke and Shiro (before retardation), he never had his moments.
Old 2004-02-26, 18:22   Link #39
Secca
nya`
*Artist

I just watched Episode 3.

I can only say poor Shiro. That part where he got smacked by his mom looked really hurt.

Ayunosuke still creeps me out, he was stil stalking Jiyu everywhere and jump out of nowhere. >.<

And what with Freasha, is she trying to seduce Jiyu?
Old 2004-02-26, 21:28   Link #40
raikage
日本語を食べません!

I think it's okay to agree with IYA and call her Felicia...
Closed Thread

Tags
action, drama