AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-01, 19:13   Link #21
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I think that even if the TL check is done by J-E, it is absolutely not foul proof. I personally think there is an obvious chance there will be missing subtilities etc, but since they are aware of this problem and that they are exposing it, there is no real worry about that.
Any more so than a J-E translation followed by a J-E QC?
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-07, 07:58   Link #22
kyosak
poo

Wow that entire 5th chapter was so unexpected! Maou and his crazy plans, I love it, lol.

Anything related to Kyouhei pretty much sums up what made the game worthwhile for me. Maou and Haru outwitting each other back and forth, that was some good stuff!

With that said, I couldn't really get into the romance plot in Haru's route. Not really sure why, I never found her character attractive; I guess I let my bias get the best of me, lol. This is why the romance scenes and the epilogue kind of killed it for me.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 22:01   Link #23
luckyovermind
hungry~

>>>I feel like they were running out of time when coming up with the script for Mizuha's route

I feel like the author put the Mizuha's main dish in the common route (the kidnapping incident), hence he got nothing to write in her own ending XD
Old 2009-07-23, 16:46   Link #24
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

For those interested (source):
Quote:
In collaboration with Amaterasu Translations:
G-Senjou no Maou English: Tsubaki Patch

Note: And here it is, much belated. Tsubaki Patch translates the entirety of Chapter Two, that being the Main Route segment and Tsubaki Route. Two elements of the configuration menu haven’t been edited, but it wasn’t worth holding up the release. Japanese walkthrough can be found here.

Please report errors in the G-Senjou no Maou Topic at the Amaterasu Forums, at #Ammy on Rizon, or email me directly at neko7363x at gmail.com. Enjoy.
Hell yeah, these are the best news I could hear. *Off I go to read some mindf*ck.*

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-23 at 17:41. Reason: removed the @ from Neko's emailaddress to prevent her of getting any spam
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 16:52   Link #25
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There isn't much mindrape in Tsubaki's route, though it is fun to have big development for a character like this.
Old 2009-07-23, 19:15   Link #26
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I can't believe how moe Tsubaki is <3 .
Spoiler for :

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-23 at 19:44.
Old 2009-07-23, 19:57   Link #27
kyosak
poo

I remember chapter 2... Made me want to set the protagonist on fire -.-;
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-23, 20:11   Link #28
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
I remember chapter 2... Made me want to set the protagonist on fire -.-;
Spoiler for chap2:
edit:
Spoiler for <3 <3 <3:

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-24 at 20:41. Reason: <3
Old 2009-07-25, 17:14   Link #29
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Spoiler for Heavy spoilers of Tsubaki's route and chapter2:
Old 2009-07-25, 17:33   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ That's great you enjoyed Tsubaki's route like this.
I personally ranked it the second best (just closely after Haru's) but I'm always wondering if it was because Tsubaki never bothered me (despite her archtype might revulse many for being too... "perfect" "airhead" etc... a bit like Nagisa in Clannad).
That said, her development is huge, perhaps the biggest among the heroines.

Gonzou is... the grizzly () but unfortunately not as awesome as Sharin's Houzuki.

As for Kanon... that is... really difficult to say.
For starters, Kanon's route just sidetrack completely Maou's matter. However, while in Tsubaki's, it was just on the background and Haru was still on his track, in Kanon's route, the reason is lame.
It really depends how you are fond of "family" drama, because Kanon's route can be considered as the worst or as ok/good. But generally speaking, the setup of this route is really awkward.

*might continue this discussion in PM/IM*
Old 2009-07-25, 22:01   Link #31
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Just finished Tsubaki's route, and I get the feeling that this ain't over yet. Surely they're saving Haru's route for last......
Old 2009-07-26, 03:36   Link #32
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Well they are not saving it deliberately for last, but the game itself is built that way, that her route is the third among the heroines, as far as I know. Next patch will contain Kanon's route (as of writing 353/777kb [45.4%] is translated), and chapter 4 patch will contain Haru's.
How did you like Tsubaki's route?
Old 2009-07-26, 15:35   Link #33
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

As much as I didn't want it to end, I knew Maou's, and by extension, Haru's involvement would end sometime within the latter half of the route. Still, I was going "This patch, is the best patch" during that whole kidnapping plot.

Also....question. If this gets an anime, how will they handle the voicework for Kyosuke and Maou? How will they do it without......I don't know how to explain it, but here are my views.....

[
Spoiler for My take while going through Tsubaki's route. Please do not take as gospel:

And it's because of this game that I have Schubert's "Der Erlkonig" stuck in my head for quite a while.
Old 2009-07-26, 16:57   Link #34
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I actually remember reading some rumors that someone was planning an anime for G-sen and Sharin but I don't remember by now where, and how trustworthy it was.
Spoiler for chap2 spoilers:
About voice actors, well I reckon Fukuyama-san could do even Kyousuke's voice appropriately. Even if he can't, the story is still far more epic and might still contain more plottwists than any other anime out there yet AFAIK, so not producing an anime only because of one voice actor difficulty is kinda a weak reason IMO.
Old 2009-07-26, 18:54   Link #35
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Also, Tsubaki's voice just seems quite different from Miki Ito's other roles that I have heard (eg. Takano from Higurashi, Asa from Shuffle). Wonder how I'll react when I get to Minerva Zabi's first apperance in ZZ Gundam....... (I'm at episode 2 right now).

Speaking of voice roles, I simply COULD NOT resist calling Maou Lelouch/Zero every time I heard Fukuyama's voice. It's as if he has voice geass, making people obey him through voice alone, like Rai from CG Lost Colors.

I apologize for anyone coming into this thread that doesn't follow along. I simply love actor allusions.
Old 2009-07-27, 06:08   Link #36
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Hm. Where did you hear it from that Tsubaki is voiced by Miki Itou? I did a few searches on google and none of them seemed to confirm it.
The most accurate site I could find with game seyjuu's is that site, and on G-Sen it says that Tsubaki is voiced by Kanzaki Chirou. Murasakibana Sumire is her other name she seems to use for game-roles, and AFAIK that's the name in the credits too (usually quite a few Seyjuu's use a different name sometimes).
She was the one who voiced Bunshū/Iishe in the Koihime series, Rinrin in Sister Princess, and several other roles (here's the ANN article about her).

I can't help but think of Lelouch too, every time Fukuyama-san / Houdenteirappa (one of his other names, and that's the one he seems to used here) speaks in his "theatrical" voice.

edit: By the way does Gonzou's voice actor have any other role in other games/anime? I can't seem to find much about him unfortunately, besides a role in "Trample on "Shatten"!!". His name is Iguchi Denemon in romaji (according to some sites I've found), and his name in kanji supposed to be 居口伝衛門 .

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-27 at 07:04.
Old 2009-07-27, 08:06   Link #37
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Ah crap, you're right about that mistake I made......

I know why that happened. Chirou Kanzaki and Miki Ito both happen to have a pseudonym with Sumire as the first name. While I was aware of the latter, I didn't know of the former.

So.....^_^;
Old 2009-08-19, 21:20   Link #38
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Even though I'm late to the party, I'd still like to share some of my thoughts on the game, which I just finished the other day. Well, not all of it, I started with Tsubaki's route (which I already like a lot) and then went for Haru's (which left me awestruck). I don't think I'll read the Kanon and Mizuha endings any time soon, even more so now seeing that everyone here is saying that they're very flawed.

Spoiler for more:
Old 2009-08-22, 04:05   Link #39
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Nobody interested in that game anymore?
Old 2009-08-22, 04:43   Link #40
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I am very much interested in it, my friend. However I'm patiently waiting on the translation since machine tl is pretty bad with G-sen, and the project will likely be finished by November/December.