AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-30, 19:02   Link #201
Andrelol

Good episode, but not as good as the last week episode...

It's funny how her teacher has more screen-time than the rest of the characters (not only in this episode, but in all episodes).
Old 2010-10-30, 20:45   Link #202
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Isn't it amazing? An anime that can get us talking about math and liking it.

I'm probably not as thrilled with this ep as with some previous ones, but the teacher was great: the chair, the "enemy," his grade-school teacher. And I am pretty well used to Chiaki's voice: I just hear humour, and not ugliness.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 22:38   Link #203
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was another good one - Moriaki has grown on me, though I was surprised to see him get an entire episode. No doubt Arashiyama's favorite show is "Sensei and Ninimoiya-kun". It was interesting to hear she's a good student outside of math, as she appears to be such an airhead - but I suspect she fails because she likes all the extra lessons with Sensei.

Favorite moments - the hand puppets (a new take on a very old gag) and "I like corn". And how about those Hanshin Tigers seat belts?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-30, 22:57   Link #204
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The battle between pure abstractions and pure logic. Arashiyama versus Moriaki.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 06:47   Link #205
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This weeks episode has to be the best so far. I had no idea Moriaki was going to be such a messed up character, though i'm certainly pleased, because it means Tomokazu Sugita can do what it does best, and that's voice these type of characters. Gintoki from Gintama is easily the best example i can give, along with the Priest from Maria+Holic.

Funniest moments had to be the time travelling theory he brought up in the car , or the whole drama regarding the chairs.

Also regarding the student who fell in love with Moriaki in the past and later became a Teacher, is she the one who was in the Teachers office at the start of the second half? The one who was trying to make a move on him with the 'initials in the cup of coffee' theory.
Old 2010-10-31, 13:14   Link #206
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Also regarding the student who fell in love with Moriaki in the past and later became a Teacher, is she the one who was in the Teachers office at the start of the second half? The one who was trying to make a move on him with the 'initials in the cup of coffee' theory.
I think that was the implication they were going for, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Might I also point out that his old teacher really should have just explained that you can go further in dividing the remainder, but that this skill was going to be taught at a higher grade level.
Actually, I sort of doubt a first grade teacher would be smart enough to remember something like that.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 15:44   Link #207
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Actually, I sort of doubt a first grade teacher would be smart enough to remember something like that.
Surely that is an exaggeration? I mean decimals are used commonly with money.
Old 2010-10-31, 16:35   Link #208
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Why do you think people with a teaching degree become elementary school teachers? It's not usually because they want to, I can assure you.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 21:07   Link #209
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Is it true in for most countries but the yen doesn't have decimals.
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 02:36   Link #210
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
This was a funny episode with Moriaki and Arashi taking the helm. I particularly liked the young Moriaki moment, that logic about the remainder was SO funny XD! I also liked Arashi 'outwitting' Moriaki with that problem. Arguably, she is right in that Moriaki thinks too straightforward and logically, which causes him to not see EVERY possible solution.

For a while, I thought something was missing. Like my other post, I am reminded of NnA very much while watching this. I might have mentioned this before, but i know what it is; it's characters. Soredemo doesn't have the large-#-of-char interaction that NnA has. With only 2 or 3 chars, you can only do so much, and this episode, while still funny, gives indication of that. It's like the different combinations of numbers; the more numbers you have, the more diff combinations you can come up with(2 digits = 2 combos, 3 digits = 6 combos, 4 digits = 24 combos etc), and the more variety that can emerge from it. Episode 2 is a great example. IMO, it's the best ep out of the 4 this season, and one of the reasons is because of the variety of chars that were present. The cop, the veg seller, Sanada, the other district vendors in the latter half, and(of course) the 3 maids(Arashi/Tatsuno/Owner), all gave a random, more variable feel to the show, thereby making it more entertaining. NnA gives this feeling throughout its entire series, and that's why NnA was so enjoyable for me. I'm not saying specifically that it needs to copy that to be fun to watch, just that it could even be funnier if it did. Using only two chars(like this episode) will make the joke(s) that exist between those two chars become repetitive fairly quickly.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 05:35   Link #211
solomon

It's wierd....
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 05:42   Link #212
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I actually think ep 2 is the worst of all through...

Hotori is truly an adorable freaking genius.. love her character so much...
And this show is truly underrated
Old 2010-11-01, 05:47   Link #213
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
And this show is truly underrated
SHAFTxShinbo shows are 85% of the time.
Old 2010-11-01, 11:38   Link #214
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

The ED, with some video of the VAs performing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zojY06rkfdY
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 12:24   Link #215
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for SoreMachi 04 - The House That the Iron Ball Built:

Last edited by Midonin; 2010-11-01 at 13:16. Reason: Whoops
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 13:14   Link #216
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow1770 View Post
The ED, with some video of the VAs performing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zojY06rkfdY
Very nice find! I'd love to see a full PV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for SoreMachi 05 - The House That the Iron Ball Built:
For a moment, I thought you had traveled into the future to see the next episode. Moriaki has influenced me more I thought
Old 2010-11-01, 13:58   Link #217
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
...Soredemo doesn't have the large-#-of-char interaction that NnA has. With only 2 or 3 chars, you can only do so much, and this episode, while still funny, gives indication of that. It's like the different combinations of numbers; the more numbers you have, the more diff combinations you can come up with(2 digits = 2 combos, 3 digits = 6 combos, 4 digits = 24 combos etc), and the more variety that can emerge from it....
On the other hand, having too many characters can make a show feel scattered and weak. As someone who is enjoying this show and never did find enjoyment in Natsu no Arashi, I'm happy to see them ringing the changes on a limited cast -- which is, however, about to grow by one.

That mini-PV is great. I just can't help but like Omigawa Chiaki, in person. Yuuki Aoi's 2channel thread is in love with Ao-chan in that video -- and also in a Sunday talk event at a university in Tokyo, where she showed herself (and even called herself) an otaku. She kept spilling out Japanese net-speak, and had clear ideas of all the pokemons she liked.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-11-02, 19:02   Link #218
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
On the other hand, having too many characters can make a show feel scattered and weak. As someone who is enjoying this show and never did find enjoyment in Natsu no Arashi, I'm happy to see them ringing the changes on a limited cast -- which is, however, about to grow by one.
I think that's true in regards to a more serious or drama/romance-focused series, due to the need to develop all of the main and/or the side characters. However, for an outright comedy such as this, where character development is very minimal or nonexistent, I would disagree. I feel that they are already overplaying the Moriaki/Arashi bits, and I'd hate for it to be used so often that it feels repetitive. Given the premise of this show, it's very unlikely that any of the characters will develop more than they already are, so adding a larger cast would fill the void for the lack of further development. I think the phrase "the more the merrier" sums up my feelings perfectly.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 03:37   Link #219
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I think that's true in regards to a more serious or drama/romance-focused series, due to the need to develop all of the main and/or the side characters. However, for an outright comedy such as this, where character development is very minimal or nonexistent, I would disagree. I feel that they are already overplaying the Moriaki/Arashi bits, and I'd hate for it to be used so often that it feels repetitive. Given the premise of this show, it's very unlikely that any of the characters will develop more than they already are, so adding a larger cast would fill the void for the lack of further development. I think the phrase "the more the merrier" sums up my feelings perfectly.
Highly reasonable points. But my own favorite comedy of the past couple of years was Seitokai no Ichizon, with a limited cast and a limited basic range of jokes, enriched by a slowly-developing serious line of relationship among the characters. So the limited cast doesn't bother me at all, depending on what they do with it. I'm not totally captivated yet, but I'm enjoying the ride so far. Humour is a very difficult thing to pin down, and each of us finds a slightly different range of things funny.
Old 2010-11-03, 12:37   Link #220
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Humour is a very difficult thing to pin down, and each of us finds a slightly different range of things funny.
Ain't that the truth!

Put me down for "totally captivated" by SoreMachi. I don't know if it's Hotori's disregard for authority figures that tickles me so, or the shock of recognition, in that I see some of my own stupidness reflected back in Hotori's comments and actions, but regardless:

I love this show. I ooh and aah at the SHAFTy eye-candy, and I laugh uncontrollably at the jokes. Plus the OP and ED are both great, energetic songs, that make me happy when I listen to them.

There are some other good shows out there, but this is a strong contender for my favorite show of 2010.

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, seinen