AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-01, 12:57   Link #1021
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post

Oh, and I dont know why people are talking about love interests in iM@S. Not gonna happen. Its even vague in the games, not gonna happen in the anime. IF any at all then its only going to be Makoto x Yukiho in Kotori-san's naughty mind.
Might get a miki playful flirt at most, or a little tsun from makoto, but other than that there will be no real leaning outside of their established characters, if you want that kind of stuff there is always the game's true ends which hint at things more than just producer and idol relationship.

Spoiler for Chihiya true end:
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 14:54   Link #1022
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I've always been one to support a Makoto-Miki pairing.

That's another option but the OTP is Makoto & Yukiho =~

and a question, Heart of the Marionette is a new song? I can't find it anywhere
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 15:10   Link #1023
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
and a question, Heart of the Marionette is a new song? I can't find it anywhere
I believe it is. I've been through every single iM@S album up to date and haven't heard it before. It'll be probably be on the new M@STER ALBUM coming out in a few days, or the one after that depending on how far into the episodes this album features.

Dammit, that means I'll soon hit well over 100 iM@S songs. My poor iPhone capacity...
Old 2011-10-01, 15:28   Link #1024
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I hope it covers eps 6-13.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 15:32   Link #1025
Midonin
Last Engage

Each album only covers five episodes.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 15:34   Link #1026
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Well, shitaki.
Old 2011-10-02, 23:13   Link #1027
Nosauz

I dunno I really think Im@s needs it's own sub forum, so we can talk music, game, stuff and episodes, I mean there really is a ton of content, and of course yummy opai touching videos
Old 2011-10-03, 06:58   Link #1028
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Not unrealistic at all. I've been to a few seiyuu concerts where they sing a completely unheard of new song and everyone easily breaks into the PPPH routine. The idol chasing otaku crowd by nature are conditioned to be like that. It also helps when a lot of the Japanese idol pop songs have very similar beats and the set "A part >bridge>chorus>B part>bridge>chorus" formation. Also it is actually said that some J-pop songs are designed so that the crowd can chant to it, the idea is actually to get the crowd to follow the chanting beat rather than actually listening to the song.
A brief comment on this old post.

The A part -> bridge -> chorus -> B part -> bridge -> chorus structure of a lot of J-pop/rock songs has to do with the fact that anime OPs are roughly 80-90 seconds long. If your song is an anime song, it will have a general structure. In order to fit the "TV-size" version of the song into the OP, it's necessary to structure the song such that the first part and chorus lasts about 80-90 seconds, that's the part that goes into the show's OP. After that there's a bridge, then the second part of the song plays, and then there's usually some kind of instrumental section, and then the chorus repeats, and the song ends. Anime music always has this general structure, and once you've listened to enough of it you get used to this format and the rare anime song that breaks that format is notable and unusual. The first OP of The World God Only Knows is a recent example of an anime OP that absolutely doesn't follow this structure.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 07:22   Link #1029
jcdietz03

You can learn about the structure of a blues song on Wikipedia. I don't think you can learn about the structure of "Japanese popular music." The J-pop article has a history section but no information about the structure. So thanks for explaining it.

The Kaminomi OPs don't have a chorus, it goes sort of like ABCD.

For iM@S songs, game versions are 125 seconds long. Often you will find one of the last parts of the game version is a repeat of the chorus. Anime OP versions of songs usually end with the B part.

I had no idea what PPPH was, so if you're like me go here. I couldn't find it explained in English. I still don't know what it is. Pan Papan Hyuu?
jcdietz03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 08:25   Link #1030
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdietz03 View Post
Pan Papan Hyuu?
That's what it is. "Pan" is the sound made by hand claps, "Hyuu" is the cheering sound you make (usually accompanied by punching your fist into the air). In other words PPPH is three claps than a cheer. It's one of the "standard forms" of cheering in idol concerts and is always done during the bridge of the song, literally anyone who is semi-serious about idol/seiyuu concerts will know it, and they drew it in the anime too.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 09:35   Link #1031
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I believe it is. I've been through every single iM@S album up to date and haven't heard it before. It'll be probably be on the new M@STER ALBUM coming out in a few days, or the one after that depending on how far into the episodes this album features.

Dammit, that means I'll soon hit well over 100 iM@S songs. My poor iPhone capacity...
Well congratulation, its about time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I dunno I really think Im@s needs it's own sub forum, so we can talk music, game, stuff and episodes, I mean there really is a ton of content, and of course yummy opai touching videos
Well you can always go ahead and request it, nobody's going to stop you from trying...or are they!?!
Old 2011-10-03, 13:57   Link #1032
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Well congratulation, its about time.
Thank you, do I get some sort of award or join some kind of special club when I do?

Also, the suggestion to bring up an iM@S subforum with brought up about 1 or 2 pages ago; there's this thread for the anime and one more for the games themselves. Music and character discussion seems to be fine in these two threads so I'm not really sure what else we need.
Old 2011-10-03, 14:00   Link #1033
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Gif timez yippee (I'll url tag em)

Spoiler for wuddup, Yukiho :3:

Spoiler for good god, that midriff:

Old 2011-10-03, 20:39   Link #1034
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Interview with Miki and Yukiho VAs.

Old 2011-10-04, 05:00   Link #1035
faynard

so new OP song for episode 14?
My body can't be this lady
faynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-04, 14:46   Link #1036
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Old 2011-10-04, 17:25   Link #1037
Nosauz

jupiter confirmed this episode, most likely things are going to heat up, i am really excited
Old 2011-10-04, 19:29   Link #1038
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Well congratulation, its about time. ...
Just wanna say shinku ... I think your avy is adorable - it really "captures" Yayoi in a nutshell - at least for me it does.
Old 2011-10-04, 20:00   Link #1039
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
jupiter confirmed this episode, most likely things are going to heat up, i am really excited
I wanna see tables get flipped over.
Old 2011-10-04, 20:10   Link #1040
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You mean like the 30 seconds appearance in episode 2 and 10 ?

Maahhh~ Either way I would love to see people freaking out about it
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s