AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Can't Take My Eyes Off You - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 2 4.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 29.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 22.92%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 10.42%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 4.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-04, 04:57   Link #21
Lukeman1884

I like the cameos by Yukiji, the 3 idiots, Isumi and Hatsuho, it's nice having these little segments included for the long-time fans, but I hope this doesn't mean they won't get any real screentime this season. I can definitely see Kenjiro's style as well. Ruca's segments were just weird, I get the feeling she's just here for the for fanservice and occasional cryptic narratives, and won't enter the story. Might be totally wrong though.

This episode does raise a few questions for me though. Firstly, didn't Nagi already meet an alien in season 2? It was even in that flashback where she was in the ufo. Kinda makes Nagi's fascination with aliens this episode weird since she should've already met one, unless there was a memory wipe somewhere which I forgot about.

Secondly, about the building featured in the first flashback, trying to keep this as spoiler free as possible, is it the building I think it is? Anyone who's read the manga should know the building I mean.

And lastly, anyone know long many eps this is running for?
Old 2012-10-04, 10:04   Link #22
Forever
Revealing the truth

I set high standards for hayate no gotoku series. And well was I disappointed.... Had to fast forward many times to stop the suffering...
Old 2012-10-04, 10:17   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Not bad, but... not enough referencing Gundam. Yeah. Don't know why I have that thought, but I do.
Old 2012-10-04, 11:22   Link #24
mitsuganae

A good setup to a new arc. The lack of harem antics is refreshing.

The references to Jigoku Shoujo (one of my favorites) are amusing.

Hopefully the comedy won't be drowned out by the serious tenor.
Old 2012-10-04, 17:38   Link #25
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Welcome back Hayate No Gotoku series.
The first episode was quite good especially with the new art. Like you all, I missed the Narrator. Also, where is Tama? He usually pops out of nowhere. The new character to the series will definitely make things interesting.
Hayate seems more demonic than usual but easily reverts back to his old self. He also seems to have stopped that ridiculous cross dressing thing. Maria is the same as before but somehow different. I don't know why but i feel that way.
I hope to see more Hinagiku and the other characters from the school as well as their maids/ butlers.
Old 2012-10-04, 18:51   Link #26
Snuffle
likes cute things

I like the art change, it has a soft elegant feel to it. Unfortunately no Hinagiku... Kinda seems like they're re-introducing the story by having Nagi get kidnapped in pretty much the same way as S1 Ep1. I'll give it a 7/10 for the art. Too soon to tell if the humor will be making a good return or an improvement.
Old 2012-10-05, 02:23   Link #27
garbage

hmm a bit confused, had to remind myself i was watching hayate no gotoku... just felt different
I guess its because there's - no narrator, seems a bit subdued comedy, and the inexplicable jump in story from the previews series. and no hina-chan but the visuals was nice, background was really detailed even the water fountains around the house, really catches your attention ( which of course only reminded one of how different/far the setting is from the previous stories - and i do like my continuity XD ) and who are those girls?

guess this will take some time to get used to.
Old 2012-10-05, 09:08   Link #28
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Horrible helmet-like hair (especially Hayate), loss of narrator, new character(s) stealing my favorite ones screen-time... all a big failure, but...

the interior design of the Sanzen'in estate challenges the Araragi house,

Isumi appeared for 60 seconds,

and Chiharu for 30.

Oh! and it's better when half the "cameramen" are midgets

Old 2012-10-05, 17:03   Link #29
Shyne

Glad to have the series rolling again! Interested to see how this turns out. It's just way too early for me to judge it just yet.

Old 2012-10-05, 17:41   Link #30
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Gah, I'm sorry guys, I didn't mean to vote 4/10. I really bit the big one and voted on impulse this time without thinking. This is me apologizing now since I can't really rectify this.

To be more honest, I'd give it about a 6/10. Not bad, not great. Everything felt really grim compared to the original series, but since it's supposed to be a standalone aside, I'm scoring based on how everything flowed together.

First, the positives. Really liked the little nod to the first season with Hayate flying in on the bicycle. Liked how much more detailed the backgrounds and such looked. Really, really liked the detail that went into the ending sequence.

Now the negatives. I can sum it all up under one statement: this series feels like it's confused. The plot and atmosphere wishes to separate entirely from its original counterpart, but with scenes like the snowball scene at the beginning and the car chase, it can't seem to let go. As such, it really diminishes itself as a standalone title, and it subsequently makes me wish I was just watching the original scenes again, where the comedic nature fit the concept so much better for those certain moments.

Not a fan of how the characters look compared to the original series, but as mentioned this is a standalone so I won't factor that into anything.

So as I said, my actual score's 6/10. Confused at the moment, but has potential. I don't have enough to go on at the moment to give it a fair rating, after all.
Old 2012-10-06, 00:24   Link #31
supermegasonic

i liked the mom and daughter bitin the middle. other than that the episode was average. just hope nagi/louise/taiga/etc isnt as abusive this time around...
Old 2012-10-06, 03:10   Link #32
jasonator
Shanafag

fuck yeah finally a kugyuu tsundere this season,rly missed this show,nagi<3

also they animated ruka..so good,so beautiful

but still no a-tan ;_;
Old 2012-10-06, 08:33   Link #33
ShiroiRyu

Sorry but after i read that will be no Athena ...
I can't approve ...
And after the first episode, it's not even fun.
Old 2012-10-06, 10:04   Link #34
Shiyumi

Anyone know the guitar soundtrack?
Old 2012-10-06, 12:17   Link #35
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiyumi View Post
Anyone know the guitar soundtrack?
The show just started airing, so I doubt any of the soundtrack songs will be released yet. Maybe in a few months or so...
Old 2012-10-06, 13:40   Link #36
wraithseeker

I think the new art really pales as compared to S1, S2 and also the movie. Hayate's hair also feels really out of place as compared to the previous art.

Although I'm still disappointed due to the high expectations. I would have prefered a continuation of the manga material left to animate

Lets hope that the original story will be interesting.
Old 2012-10-06, 20:35   Link #37
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Let's be honest here, the s1 designs (aside of many more things) were terrible compared to s2 yet people still defend them for some unknown reason. The s3 designs are closer to s2 but something just feels off. Too much body deformation and the humour is clearly a level below the previous seasons.

Yet I'm still interested in Ruka.
Old 2012-10-06, 20:43   Link #38
MogMoogle1
Idol Power!

Hmm... definitely a different feel from the previous seasons. I dunno about the comedy... it feels a bit off for me. Was a meh episode for me, but let's see how this show turns out after a few more episodes.
Old 2012-10-06, 21:26   Link #39
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

I noticed a trend

Season 1 Nagi is a bad tempered little kid who is still ultimately adorably innocent and endearing.

Season 2 Nagi is a smug brat with a sad core of smoldering with cynicism and resentment towards life.

Season 3 Nagi.... Are they progressively making her meaner and bitchier every season?

By the way, the razor wire nude song number in the end credits.... Sexy!!
Old 2012-10-06, 23:55   Link #40
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
I noticed a trend

Season 1 Nagi is a bad tempered little kid who is still ultimately adorably innocent and endearing.

Season 2 Nagi is a smug brat with a sad core of smoldering with cynicism and resentment towards life.

Season 3 Nagi.... Are they progressively making her meaner and bitchier every season?

By the way, the razor wire nude song number in the end credits.... Sexy!!
Sadly, I was at least hoping for the opposite to happen. How did it come to this?
Closed Thread