AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 54 58.70%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 18.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 17.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.17%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-01-16, 21:32   Link #121
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

What, wait. Isn't Itsuwa the chick he shamelessly falcon punched to the ground? And now she's fawning over him?

Might this be "LOVE STRUCK"?
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 21:47   Link #122
Flere821
Lurker

Itsuwa wasn't the one being beaten back in the Book of the Law arc - that's Uragami

Though Itsuwa did show up in that arc.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 21:52   Link #123
Lange Neus
Dikke Vinger

Aww, there goes a fine pun then. No matter, I'll write it down on a note to use at some later point.
Lange Neus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 22:15   Link #124
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

This arc would probably give rise to Assassin's Creed/Toaru Majutsu no Index crossover fics.

By the way, Assassin's Creed franchise looks BAD ASS.
Even BAD ASS might be an understatement.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 22:27   Link #125
swtrooper42
Melancholic Swim Captain

That shower scene had me laughing. Especially when he realized he could have just knocked after it was too late.

I assume the Catholic Church doesn't really subscribe to the whole "Magic is secret" line of thinking. Seeing as how they summon a freaking ice ship out of a canal in the middle of a residential district. Or is this like Fate/Stay Night where everyone stays indoors at night and keeps their curtains closed?

Nice to see Touma continue his procession of epic face punches.

Yay Itsuwa screentime!

Close Curtains, Thwart Snipers
Sameo, Paladin of Legend
swtrooper42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-16, 22:51   Link #126
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtrooper42 View Post
I assume the Catholic Church doesn't really subscribe to the whole "Magic is secret" line of thinking. Seeing as how they summon a freaking ice ship out of a canal in the middle of a residential district. Or is this like Fate/Stay Night where everyone stays indoors at night and keeps their curtains closed?
They usually had spells to hide it from normal citizen. With someone who doesn't know anything about magic. Seeing it will just had a feeling of a like a dream or they would just ignore it or totally not see it at all.
Old 2011-01-17, 01:32   Link #127
DR1
Biri Biri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lange Neus View Post
What, wait. Isn't Itsuwa the chick he shamelessly falcon punched to the ground? And now she's fawning over him?

He never punched Itsuwa, in the anime at least. But I think the girl he punched was one of those girls behind the door in this episode.
DR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 03:16   Link #128
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Spoiler for Some words that might suggestive to you guys:

2. Oh my god, do we enter into an Assassins Creed's story arc? That's just surprised me.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-01-17 at 03:42.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 03:20   Link #129
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
This arc would probably give rise to Assassin's Creed/Toaru Majutsu no Index crossover fics.

By the way, Assassin's Creed franchise looks BAD ASS.
Even BAD ASS might be an understatement.
I loved the game for its characteristic SCHIINNGG!!! sound whenever you use the Hidden Blade for assassinations. It never gets old for me.

Sadly, two more episodes is all we have to enjoy talking about Assassin's Creed: The Anime relating a game to this series I guess

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 07:19   Link #130
Minagi Mikoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Sadly, no. Those were still japs speaking italian, and the accent was REALLY horrible...
Still better than the portuguese spoken in Giant Killing, at least.
I meant Italian characters. I knew that the voice actors were still japanese.
Minagi Mikoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 07:24   Link #131
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Itsuwa wasn't the one being beaten back in the Book of the Law arc - that's Uragami

Though Itsuwa did show up in that arc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR1 View Post
He never punched Itsuwa, in the anime at least. But I think the girl he punched was one of those girls behind the door in this episode.
Quote:
Aww, there goes a fine pun then. No matter, I'll write it down on a note to use at some later point.
Er guys, that's not even the main issue- In the first place he never punched Uragami either
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 12:58   Link #132
klare

they really moved the story to Italy, having the make new background arts and chars, not bad

by now we are used to Touma charging into a naked girl, this eps we got a bonus of 2 girls

not sure why Orsola was targetted again, wonder can Touma stop the ship by putting his right hand on it?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 15:07   Link #133
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Search the previous pages of this thread and you'll get your answer.
Old 2011-01-17, 19:09   Link #134
outerelf

... What is with me and being unable to watch episodes until three or four days after they come out?

Either way, the Battle-ships CGI performance (I know its not really CGI but let a girl dream, alright?) was quite amazing, the icy room was interesting, Index eating is stunning (why is she so skinny?) and I have to say that even as a girl I had to admit it was quite cute to watch Orsola attempt to hide herself. At least she had something handy.

I was a little disappointed not to see a wash-bin come flying out, but I guess Orsola isn't that type, and I've been watching too many comedy anime...
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 19:39   Link #135
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Actually, I think the ice ships were CG, at least while they were moving. J.C.Staff are masters of CG, they make it so smooth you can't even tell without looking closely. Take Agnese's staff for instance. Macross F team could learn a thing or two from them.
Old 2011-01-17, 21:39   Link #136
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
I must be the only person around who have a weird taste, I dont like Itsuwa or Style that so many others love.
At least you're not the only one who doesn't like Stiyl
Old 2011-01-18, 02:11   Link #137
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
still it makes me wonder why Orsola didn't lock the bathroom door while she's gonna use it to take a shower...
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 03:06   Link #138
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
still it makes me wonder why Orsola didn't lock the bathroom door while she's gonna use it to take a shower...
She did lock the door, but Touma had used his right hand to open, in doing so his bad luck caused the lock to fail coincidentally, opening passage to the promised lands...

...Yeah, I made that all up, but you can use it if you want.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 05:39   Link #139
eiyuu99

No lock on door.

Spoiler:
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 18:32   Link #140
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Now this episode really was full of win! 10/10
Clearly the best episode so far, not only because of playing in Italy, but mainly because of Orsola!

Beginning was already nice, with Touma first whining about how unfortunate he is... (but hey, he got to dance with Mikoto!)

...and then he wins a one week trip to Northern Italy - Chioggia, to be precise. I've added a map shot for those who don't know where it is.

Once arrived, the Italian of the VAs was surprisingly understandable... the subs, however, had some really grave errors there

That he saw Agnese naked back then has made the rounds really fast

After meeting Orsola and finding Index again, the two girls take a break, and Touma starts wandering around. Now what may be behind those two doors?
The reason why he didn't knock is probably that his secret desire to see Orsola and Index naked was stronger

Spoiler for nsfw pics and what they actually said: