Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-02-22, 14:56   Link #241
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Really? Sorry about that, I'll fix that problem in a jiffy....
The links look correct. Think it's just a problem with the website.
Old 2012-02-22, 15:03   Link #242
marvelB

^Either way, I just re-hosted the pics, so no problem now! That being said, DLC outfits based off the viking Straw-Hats would be all kinds of badass....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 00:39   Link #243
DeathStrike
SLASH!

new video and screenshots!

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/02/...rs-commercial/

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/02/...s-screenshots/
Old 2012-02-24, 04:45   Link #244
Undertaker

With all the info that has coming out so far, unless they are holding as DLC or Secret contents, looks like the game is skipping Skypiea and Thriller Park at least on the gameplay front. It's an understandable move but I really wanted to see how the how the game handles Skypiea graphically.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:56   Link #245
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
With all the info that has coming out so far, unless they are holding as DLC or Secret contents, looks like the game is skipping Skypiea and Thriller Park at least on the gameplay front. It's an understandable move but I really wanted to see how the how the game handles Skypiea graphically.
I don't see that as an understandable move. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this game has been advertising that it would cover the first half of the story and a bit of the post-time-skip. Skypiea and Thriller Bark are big story arcs and, contrary to popular belief, they do share a good amount of significance in the grand story. And since it looks like they're specifically covering story arcs where each strawhat joins, leaving out Thriller Bark doesn't make sense since that's when Brook joins.

In any case, I'm not surprised by this. As we've been nearing the release date of this game they haven't been showing anything Skypiea or Thriller Bark related, so I was beginning to grow skeptical over time. We'll see if they include these story arcs as DLC.
Old 2012-02-24, 17:46   Link #246
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I don't see that as an understandable move. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this game has been advertising that it would cover the first half of the story and a bit of the post-time-skip. Skypiea and Thriller Bark are big story arcs and, contrary to popular belief, they do share a good amount of significance in the grand story. And since it looks like they're specifically covering story arcs where each strawhat joins, leaving out Thriller Bark doesn't make sense since that's when Brook joins.

In any case, I'm not surprised by this. As we've been nearing the release date of this game they haven't been showing anything Skypiea or Thriller Bark related, so I was beginning to grow skeptical over time. We'll see if they include these story arcs as DLC.
I can understand your disappointment about Thriller Bark. Now that I think of it, they never bothered to include Gecko Moriah either. With the countdown of days left into next month I hope they have screenshots of Thriller Bark DLC or otherwise by this sunday or we would be forced to riot.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-25, 00:04   Link #247
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post

While I do agree with that but the fact remains that as far as story flow goes Skypiea is not important and it's connection to the main plot point is irrelevant as of right now. It was an arc that was more about setting up the future end game portion rather than the seemly the game's now clear focus of the Summit War.

Also consider that whole arc is basically a battle royal between SH, Shandian, and Priests. You really have to commit on putting in recreating all minor characters to make the arc interesting, it's too much work for too little reward. Especially it seems the game is also focusing on the emotional aspect of OP and the Skypiea's moving scene are really more about the flashback and the Shandian/Norland rather than SH themselves.

Personally I'm more bummed on Thriller Bark not involved as it contains the introduction of Brook and Zoro's badass scence. But that arc, again really isn't that important to the story flow compare to other arc.

Considering that they are using comic book style representation, I can see them using those comic strip scenes to make the transition.

Though it really is too bad, because Thriller Bark would really make a good Musou stage with all those zombie soldier.
Old 2012-02-25, 01:45   Link #248
Blackbeard D. Kuma

What's bothersome is that the story will feel "incomplete" without those two arcs. I'm still looking forward to this game, but these omissions are a disappointment nonetheless.
Old 2012-02-25, 13:08   Link #249
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well for me something like Skypiea is just as much part of the story as any other even if it's not exactly hugely important story wise(but I share Balckbeards thought that it does have some importance)
But most important fact of Skypiea arc is the it's part of the adventure which is what OP is really about.
Sure I love the plot and story as much as the next but this series can really take off when it's about the adeventure as well.
Another point made by the following anime orginal G8 arc, which btw I certainly wouldn't mind seeing as some DLC, kinda perfect for the game tbh.
Old 2012-02-25, 14:11   Link #250
marvelB

Yeah, Skypiea may not have any immediate relevance to the main story, but it's still kind of an important storyline since it was one of the bigger adventures the Straw-Hats had. Actually, aside from that, and Thriller Bark, I noticed there was also a lack of Syrup Village (where the Kuro arc took place), Whiskey Peak, Little Garden, Jaya, and Long Ring Long island (Davy Back Fight setting, in case anyone forgot). I could totally understand if the DBF arc was left out (though a lack of Foxy makes me a saaaad panda, ). I'm pretty sure we'll see Syrup Village though, because one of the trailers showed the scene where Luffy invited Usopp to the crew. But that makes me quite curious as to why we haven't seen any footage of Kuro (wasn't he even one of the most popular villains of the early arcs?)....

Mr. 3 was supposed to be confirmed as a boss a while back, so Little Garden is still a possibility, but I'm still a little worried about Whiskey Peak and Jaya (the former is the perfect setting to see Zoro unleash destruction, while the latter is where Blackbeard is introduced.). Well, there's still less than a week to go until the game's release (comes out March 1, remember), so maybe we could still get some last-minute updates via magazine scans or something.

BTW, I also found out at AP that the story mode is supposed to be about 20 hours long, so it the possibility of those arcs appearing still isn't as impossible as it may seem.....
Old 2012-02-26, 19:08   Link #251
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I also found out at AP that the story mode is supposed to be about 20 hours long, so it the possibility of those arcs appearing still isn't as impossible as it may seem.....
It's really hard to say at this point. I just find it totally strange that if they are going to be in the game that we've seen no content regarding it.

Still say i'll be incredibly surprised if the two arcs are left out.
Old 2012-02-27, 22:35   Link #252
DeathStrike
SLASH!

new info!

1. One Piece: Pirate Warriors Trophy List Revealed

2. One Piece: Pirate Warriors Characters List
Old 2012-02-27, 23:22   Link #253
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Hmmmm... well that confirms Syrup Village, Skypeia, Davy Back, and Thriller Bark then. Hopefully DLC, because I really like Eneru.

Last edited by SOGESNAKE; 2012-02-27 at 23:38.
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 10:30   Link #254
marvelB

Dang, so it really DOES look like those particular arcs got the axe, after all. Oh well, as already mentioned, maybe those arcs will be available through DLC, or else we'll just have to wait for them to be added to the inevitable sequel (considering how popular both OP AND Dynasty Warriors are in Japan, how could we NOT expect a sequel to pop up?). Guess I'll have to wait a bit longer before seeing Moria and Foxy in full HD glory.....

BTW, something amusing I found from that achievements list:

Quote:
100,000 vs. 10: Defeated 100,000 enemies in total

Heh, nice little nod to a certain battle there.
Old 2012-02-28, 10:37   Link #255
Undertaker

Yeah, but I actually more bummed that the boss characters aren't playable. Hopefully it is just a guess and he/she hasn't unlock them as playable yet. Musou games usually don't don't have boss characters that aren't playable that's more Basara's thing.

Apparently according to news from Chinese gaming site, Gamers.com.tw the pre-order number of the game exceeds 500,000 as for 2/14.

Live Gamplay footage from the forum there who got early releases.

Live GamePlay Footage

Another One

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-02-28 at 11:01.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-28, 13:01   Link #256
marvelB

Yeah, I watched one of those streams for a little bit. The player was at the pre-skip Sabaody stage from when I was watching. lol, Kizaru is cheap as hell (dude was teleporting like crazy!) Sadly, I discovered that Amazon Lily was also amongst the stages that were skipped (it would have been cool to have a boss fight against Hancock's sisters, too....). I noticed that Impel Down was kinda trimmed down as well (no creepy mutant animals like the sphinx to fight, no bluegori (despite them being one of the first types of prison guards to be shown in both the manga AND anime), the minotaur being the only awakened guardian to appear.....). Well, at least the Magellan battle was epic enough. I stopped watching right there because I want to experience the rest of the game for myself when I eventually get it (be it through import or not).

Well, despite my complaints about cut content, the game still looks like a lot of fun! Though I find it rather curious that there seems to be no jump button (not that there would be much use for that in a game like this, but one would think that adding some platforming would be ideal for those adventure sections instead of relying on the same ol' QTEs again and again.....).
Old 2012-02-28, 14:46   Link #257
Undertaker

I check the footage on two separated occasion as well.

Kizaru looked pretty tough, he had to retried the stage couple times and it also seem that you have to beat him before a certain number of SH fallen as well since there's a few time where he seem to have ok health but lost the stage anyway.

Then I saw the Hannyabal fight which leads to a BB fight. Hannyabal fight seems a piece of cake, BB fight is one-on-one and a bit tougher but not by much. This leads to a platform chasing game with Magellan.

Agree on the jump button, but from what I seen the presentation is top notch. It actually put anime to shame with some of the render scenes and the are ample sound bits throughout the stage.

It's a shame there are stuff left off, but what's there is pretty damn good, though I still hope the bosses are playable.

If those pre-orders stand up, it'll be save to say that the game would receive sequels and become the 4th on-going Musou series and more details/characters will be add in and new these games always do.

BTW, for those missed the live session, in the second link, there are a couple of other videos list under the main stream. The first two are both Kaizoku Mouso, one is 2hr30mins long the other is 4hr15mins long play session.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-02-28 at 15:11.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-01, 00:33   Link #258
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Looks like we might not be missing Skypeia, Davy Back, Thriller Bark, and all that jazz. Seems Namco Bandai plans to release DLC scenarios after release.

http://andriasang.com/con04n/one_piece_musou_dlc/

As to whether this is actually WILL be the missing arcs or just challenges is beyond me~
Old 2012-03-01, 01:22   Link #259
DeathStrike
SLASH!

record breaking 650,000 One Piece: Kaizoku Musou games shipped. thats more then like the top 20 games sold this week combined!!

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2012/02/...riors-shipped/
Old 2012-03-01, 07:26   Link #260
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Looks like we might not be missing Skypeia, Davy Back, Thriller Bark, and all that jazz. Seems Namco Bandai plans to release DLC scenarios after release.

http://andriasang.com/con04n/one_piece_musou_dlc/

As to whether this is actually WILL be the missing arcs or just challenges is beyond me~
Yeah, it could go either way. I'm hoping this DLC will make some of the boss characters playable.

Tags
ps3, video games