AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-02, 22:21   Link #7881
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

So...any lore fans here? Just finished reading Starcraft: Flashpoint.

It really, REALLY makes me wish that Christie Golden was just given free reign of the Starcraft story from the get-go and to do with it as she pleases, and have the missions be fit around her story, rather than just do the bridging stuff. Honestly, Flashpoint was the best fiction book I've read in a long time, just by how much I was emotionally attached to the characters as she wrote them.

Valerian: hey, new kid's a badass and is definitely a step up from his old man.
Arcturus: can't wait till that bastard gets his comeuppance.
Raynor: still the biggest badass this side of the universe.
Kerrigan: Not enough hugs have been given to her. Nowhere close to enough hugs. And it really, really saddens me that Heart of the Swarm is going to put the kibosh on turning her back to her 100% human form, until perhaps the end of Legacy of the Void.

I'm still holding out for a Jim/Sarah GOOD END, b/c I feel with blizz F'ing up the warcraft plotline with all the WoW nonsense, Diablo never really having a compelling story, that the Starcraft universe would be its last chance to actually have an ending of relative happiness and hope, instead of "well, everyone that was lucky enough to survive will be scarred for life and will most likely be miserable from now until whenever, but at least all life as we know it didn't end, so we're cool, right?"
Old 2012-12-03, 07:34   Link #7882
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Jim/Sarah GOOD END will happen only if they both disappear from the universe. Faking their deaths or something. There will be a Starcraft 3 someday. And the only way the two of them can get some peace and quiet is complete retirement. Let some Matriarch take over Kerragan's job and Jimmy already got good men ready to replace him.

I want Mira Han to come back as a female Han Solo too. She is just too memorable for me.
Old 2012-12-03, 14:42   Link #7883
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Jim/Sarah GOOD END will happen only if they both disappear from the universe. Faking their deaths or something. There will be a Starcraft 3 someday. And the only way the two of them can get some peace and quiet is complete retirement. Let some Matriarch take over Kerragan's job and Jimmy already got good men ready to replace him.

On that matter some updates for HOTS beta

Quote:
Terran
1. Redesign Thor ability/Raven seeker missile
2. Push early game Reaper a bit more
3. Hellbats better against melee units, not necessarily better vs. Ranged.
4. We'd really like to see more Medivac usage like we saw in Wings for a time in the past. Currently thinking on a cooldown based speed booster ability.
5. Buff Bio in the late game - with the addition of new units in HotS, we feel Bio in the late game is a bit weak.
6. Buff mech in general - we'd like to maybe test combining the vehicle and air upgrades at the armory.

Zerg
1. Hydralisk movement speed upgrade to Lair
2. Mutalisk buff to speed and/or acceleration
3. Ultralisk changed to be good vs. all ground
4. Nerf Infestor quite heavily
5. Make it easier to unburrow and reposition Swarm Hosts

Protoss
1. Redesign Voidray - we're currently thinking of having the player choose when to activate the charge up ability.
2. Oracle - pulsar beam would now overlap too much with the new Voidray, so we'd like to change the Oracle to be more of a worker harasser.
3. Buff DTs not necessarily for the DT rush case, but to have DTs more often in the late game.
4. Nerf Vortex - we don't like how all or nothing this ability is in Wings, and with new unit adds, we feel we can remove or phase out this ability.
5. Fix Tempests to not counter all late tech Zerg. We currently don't like how Zerg can't go Tier 3 units if Tempests are in play.
6. Make Voidray + Phoenix + Oracle combo a viable strat overall.These are our current thoughts for each of the races. And please remember none of these changes are final. Our hope is to move into the more fine tuning stages if this major patch turns out well.
Combining upgrades is nice but the BC still suffers from the Templar feedback even with them.

And $50 says that Blizzard will revert the buffs for Terrans/Protoss and revert the nerfs for Zerg just cause.

And faster Mutas? Good lord those things are fast enough as it is.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 20:38   Link #7884
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
So...any lore fans here? Just finished reading Starcraft: Flashpoint.

It really, REALLY makes me wish that Christie Golden was just given free reign of the Starcraft story from the get-go and to do with it as she pleases, and have the missions be fit around her story, rather than just do the bridging stuff. Honestly, Flashpoint was the best fiction book I've read in a long time, just by how much I was emotionally attached to the characters as she wrote them.

Valerian: hey, new kid's a badass and is definitely a step up from his old man.
Arcturus: can't wait till that bastard gets his comeuppance.
Raynor: still the biggest badass this side of the universe.
Kerrigan: Not enough hugs have been given to her. Nowhere close to enough hugs. And it really, really saddens me that Heart of the Swarm is going to put the kibosh on turning her back to her 100% human form, until perhaps the end of Legacy of the Void.

I'm still holding out for a Jim/Sarah GOOD END, b/c I feel with blizz F'ing up the warcraft plotline with all the WoW nonsense, Diablo never really having a compelling story, that the Starcraft universe would be its last chance to actually have an ending of relative happiness and hope, instead of "well, everyone that was lucky enough to survive will be scarred for life and will most likely be miserable from now until whenever, but at least all life as we know it didn't end, so we're cool, right?"
Blizzard's writing is umm, marginally worse than their attempts at balancing their game. I guess Brood War had a okay plot, though Starcraft 2's plots has more ass pulls than a number of silly anime.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-04, 02:47   Link #7885
paladinenvec

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/view...opic_id=385998
EG and TL will have a partnership for the next ProLeague

http://youtu.be/IUH3JQjcweM

Last edited by paladinenvec; 2012-12-04 at 05:24.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 18:37   Link #7886
paladinenvec

Sorry for the double post These are the balance patch notes for the new HOTS patch

Spoiler:

Thor change is awesome btw, Medivac recovery change is OP it should be less... like 12 or something IMO, but the movement speed boost is nice, Raven Seeker Missile it's an earlier Yamato Gun, and the armory upgrade changes are awesome...

Last edited by paladinenvec; 2012-12-05 at 19:24.
paladinenvec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-05, 18:56   Link #7887
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Oh wow so now the Thor IS a goliath

On that matter has the energy been removed then? That would open up new possibilites for PvT
Old 2012-12-05, 20:24   Link #7888
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Judging from the lack of responses there is no way to get the game for around $20.
Old 2012-12-06, 04:39   Link #7889
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
Judging from the lack of responses there is no way to get the game for around $20.
There was a sale a few weeks back, but other than that, not really.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 06:07   Link #7890
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

So Thors are no longer hard counters to mass voids or mutas?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 06:12   Link #7891
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I doubt you'd ever find yourself in a situation where it'd be mass Thor vs Voids unless it were some funky team game. Marines and Vikings already provide enough anti-air against Protoss. Furthermore, Thors don't get the light armor bonus against Voids since the latter is armored.

I think Mutas will see much more usage in TvZ now, though especially if Mech becomes the dominant playstyle as opposed to standard marine/tank (occasional tank-less biomech) and occasional pure bio.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 11:26   Link #7892
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
I doubt you'd ever find yourself in a situation where it'd be mass Thor vs Voids unless it were some funky team game. Marines and Vikings already provide enough anti-air against Protoss. Furthermore, Thors don't get the light armor bonus against Voids since the latter is armored.

I think Mutas will see much more usage in TvZ now, though especially if Mech becomes the dominant playstyle as opposed to standard marine/tank (occasional tank-less biomech) and occasional pure bio.
Well, to be honest, pure mech just used to absolutely wreck Zerg. It wasn't a fair contest at all. Hellions -> Thors were just ridiculous. Then it changed, and people did the bio-mech tank + marine ball.. So we'll see where it goes from here..

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-06, 11:35   Link #7893
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Thor has two modes.

Explosive payload which I'm assuming is the regular AA attack which is good against light air units.

High Impact with flat 24 damage and range 10 makes it like the goliath to deal with armoured air units.

Vikings IMO will still be needed but now you don't need too many.
Old 2012-12-07, 17:05   Link #7894
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
I thought both thors and vikings were balls against mutas by now?

So let's see. It's been 2.5 years since Sc2 came out. The last balance changes to BW were about this time after inital release... so let's see if they have any clue atm.

-- Massive Infestor Nerf. Well, I hate infestors myself and think they let any Zerg scrub to look much better than they are, but is this Blizzard's modern solution to everything. Make it so useless that it gets removed?

-- Mutalisk speed buff--- lawl. Do they suck now or something? Oh, Widow mines seem pretty OP to me.

-- Reaper Buff. Incoming Protoss QQ. Pro Tip to Blizz: Never listen to Protoss players. They are all scum that want ez mode. Well, Idra is Zerg but he was initally Protoss in sc2...

-- Raven's a hard unit to balance to be fair.

-- Hey Dark Shrine is cheaper now. It took only two years to remedy your fuck up. Nice.

I don't know. Not sure if I'll buy the expansion, but it looks like I'll wait for guinea pigs to test it out first. Send me a beta invite bitches.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-12-07 at 17:41.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 21:45   Link #7895
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Thors still work for anti-void ray. But, they can't be alone either.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 23:08   Link #7896
Red_Zeal_Knight

Biggest thing going for terrain is a good ground tier 2 and 3
Zerg ground unit suck by 10 to 20 min mark
Toss need to go robot or air because gateways units only useful as shields
Red_Zeal_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 05:09   Link #7897
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic :

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

First time we see the Viking and Siege Tank transformations in the CG cinematics

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-22, 05:32   Link #7898
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Wow look at the scale. That's impressive.
Old 2013-01-22, 06:01   Link #7899
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Blizzard cinematics are always awesome, but I'm not picking this up day one. I burned through WoL in a few days, and felt no compulsion to play the multiplayer. Ditto for D3. The single player campaign is fun for the story, but farming those areas over and over again for better loot got boring.
Old 2013-01-22, 08:11   Link #7900
Skane
Anime Snark

Oh hey... sleepless nights here I come again...

Make a movie already damnit...

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows