AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-04-04, 07:52   Link #1
Lucier
Lunar Translator

aishiteruze baby!

I just watched ep1 tonight, and loved it! =D (Aired on 4/3)

I've gotta say it's probably my favorite anime this season... (Tenjou Tenge and midori no hibi were pretty cool too)

madlax airs tommarow, and I think I'll like it a lot too... but aishiteru ze baby is my favorite so far!

I'd recommend everyone go watch it =)
Lucier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 08:29   Link #2
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier

I've gotta say it's probably my favorite anime this season... (Tenjou Tenge and midori no hibi were pretty cool too)

madlax airs tommarow, and I think I'll like it a lot too... but aishiteru ze baby is my favorite so far!

Yeah I heard the manga was pretty good. I'm definitely going to try this one out.
Old 2004-04-04, 12:21   Link #3
CerealKiller
MoralMan

Send a message via AIM to CerealKiller Send a message via MSN to CerealKiller Send a message via Yahoo to CerealKiller
Where can I get some info on it? I allready tried animenfo, but couldn't find anything.
CerealKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 13:30   Link #4
brightman
Ancient Member

Pretty much all the new April anime are now on AnimeNewsNetwork: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=3744

But there's not much there either. So just go through this: http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...shiteruze+baby

Last edited by brightman; 2004-04-04 at 15:10.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-04, 15:20   Link #5
emessen

aishiteruze baby the anime?!!?!?!

COOL

where is that RAW!!! i love the manga
Old 2004-04-04, 15:22   Link #6
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucier

It's pretty good, though the opening is kinda annoying to me (I guess I'm not a big fan of R&B and the video wasn't that interesting). The actual episode was great and I hope it doesn't fall off track the same way Ultramaniac did ^^; Looking forward to the fansubs
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 17:24   Link #7
emessen

is there no raw for this?
Old 2004-04-05, 17:29   Link #8
Princess_of_Hell
Being Felt Up My Skirt

Send a message via AIM to Princess_of_Hell
There is no raw, becuz I searched for it. It doesn't exist.

The only people who has seen it are people who live in Japan and friends of the emperor (friends that live in the US).

* edit *
Oh yea, you have to look on a Japanese peer-to-peer program (WINNY).

Last edited by Princess_of_Hell; 2004-04-05 at 17:40.
Princess_of_Hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 18:07   Link #9
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
I have a sneaky suspicion the subtitled version will be out soon...
Oh well, one can hope
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 19:05   Link #10
emessen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_of_Hell
There is no raw, becuz I searched for it. It doesn't exist.

The only people who has seen it are people who live in Japan and friends of the emperor (friends that live in the US).

* edit *
Oh yea, you have to look on a Japanese peer-to-peer program (WINNY).

dangit that sucks...

i dont know how to use winny
Old 2004-04-06, 00:28   Link #11
Za Paper

After 1 ep, I am already in love with it. Yuzuyu is so adorable you have to have a heart of coal to not like her. I liked Ultra Maniac but it also had its lulls. I'm hoping this show doesnt dissapoint. Can we move this thread to the fansub section?
Za Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 01:20   Link #12
emessen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Za Paper
After 1 ep, I am already in love with it. Yuzuyu is so adorable you have to have a heart of coal to not like her. I liked Ultra Maniac but it also had its lulls. I'm hoping this show doesnt dissapoint. Can we move this thread to the fansub section?

it's been subbed!!!!!!!
Old 2004-04-06, 03:46   Link #13
CelestiaLegends

Aishiteruzu Baby

Well, after the first ep, I can say I really like the series! The animations great, the series seems really sweet, the only bad point is yuzo's voice actor I think :P but it's not that bad. good series!
CelestiaLegends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 04:03   Link #14
emessen

the manga is a very sweet and endearing story...

so i really look forward to the anime...

i have qualms with the animation just a bit... like when kippei was
crossing the road looking for yuzu-chan... he seemed EXTEREMELY TALL

and yuzu's seiyuu... i kind a agree with you there... NOW if you've ever watched
the Dorama Hotman starring Souchiro Takashi (GTO live action) the little girl who
plays his daughter Nanami has the perfect voice for yuzu... it's just adorable...
Old 2004-04-06, 05:37   Link #15
haleguu
LOLICON

Quote:
Originally Posted by emessen
the manga is a very sweet and endearing story...

so i really look forward to the anime...

i have qualms with the animation just a bit... like when kippei was
crossing the road looking for yuzu-chan... he seemed EXTEREMELY TALL

and yuzu's seiyuu... i kind a agree with you there... NOW if you've ever watched
the Dorama Hotman starring Souchiro Takashi (GTO live action) the little girl who
plays his daughter Nanami has the perfect voice for yuzu... it's just adorable...
I actually like Yuzu-chan's seiyuu (Miyu Tsuzurabara. I think. She's obviously a young girl from the voice.). It's really sweet. The part where Yuzu-chan was telling Kippei:

"Yuzu...wants to...eat Mama's rice balls. But Yuzu...can never finish them...and has some leftover...That's why Mama...hates Yuzu...now. Yuzu...will be a good girl. So...take Yuzu...to where Mama is! Yuzu...really...loves Mama!"

OMG, I wanted to cry. Hehe.

Also, Nana Yamauchi (Nanami Furiya) from Hotman (G.F.E. - Great Father Enzo. Heh.) would also be a great choice. Actually she pretty much was the only reason I kept watching Hotman.

Only problem I have is that...not many popular or even noticeable seiyuus are present. Some of the voices it seems are done by actors/actresses who are relatively new to voice acting. There were moments where I felt emotions were lacking and some of the voices didn't fit. Is it me or did Kippei's teacher's seiyuu was pretending to sound old? It was horrible. Also in a way, I kind of like it though...the whole feeling of not being polished like all the new animes coming out.

This is definitely one of my must watch list.
haleguu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 06:45   Link #16
frowndog
Poof... time warp

Well, i didn't really find any problems with the seiyuus but it could just be me.

As for the story, i think its really sweet and endearing and promises to be even nicer later on. Definitely on my watch-list.

on a side note, i really like this new season of shows. A lot of anime to like and look forward to unlike the last season where only 2 or 3 really grabbed my attention
frowndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 09:30   Link #17
brightman
Ancient Member

My impression is that it seemed like they just took the manga and animated it frame by frame... So yeah, the production value for this seems a bit low (especially compared to other anime coming out right now). The main seiyuu are pretty inexperienced like someone said, and the music is too low in areas when emotions are needed. Oh well, I guess I'm just following this since the manga is pretty good.
Old 2004-04-06, 11:31   Link #18
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

How many volumes is the manga? Is it finished?

Episode 1 was great, and as mentioned before, they seemed to be taking the manga and animating this frame by frame, not that I have a problem with that or anything.
Village Idiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 12:15   Link #19
TronDD
Team the box!

This does seem like a cute show. I think the animation is aweful and I didn't care for some of the background music. I do love the OP, though.

Its shortcommings don't bother me that much. It's on the "to download" list.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 12:17   Link #20
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
I love the manga. Its still running in Ribon magazine monthly and... I believe its up to 4 volumes now.

[edit] Volume 5 comes out on May 14.

I think that the animes based off the ribon-nakayoshi-lala-ect. mags tend to be on the cheap side. Most the the voices are newcomers to the business, and use that series as a stepping stone or a learning environment.

Yuzuyu's voice is not that bad compared to Myco's from Full Moon wo Sagashite. When I first heard it I thought, "She's supposed to be 12! Her voice is so deep!" and hated it until I got used to it. So we'll get used to the voices, and love them.

But since the manga material is so short, I wonder how bad the fillers will be?
Chiaki Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance