AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-31, 04:14   Link #41
Jerseykid

Well if they let Ichigo's bankai do what it is suppose to do, what is hasn't done since the byakuya fight and he uses his post grimjaw mask I see no reason why he just can't go down the line cutting captains in half.
Old 2008-07-31, 05:22   Link #42
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
believe he's the only filler character Kubo has designed.
Actually, I believe Kubo designed Kifune, and Lurichiyo & her two guards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
Well if they let Ichigo's bankai do what it is suppose to do, what is hasn't done since the byakuya fight and he uses his post grimjaw mask I see no reason why he just can't go down the line cutting captains in half.
Because they wouldn't stand there waiting for him to.

Ichigo isn't THAT much stronger than when he fought Byakuya. If anything, his hollow mask duration is the main difference compared to back then. Thinking that he's getting stronger for anyone in previous seasons to touch is simply DBZ logic that has no basis in Bleach.
Old 2008-07-31, 08:41   Link #43
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer View Post
Thinking that he's getting stronger for anyone in previous seasons to touch is simply DBZ logic that has no basis in Bleach.

and?

Ichigo certainly has gotten stronger with each new opponent and arc just as Goku and the others did in DBZ(Goku and Vegeta also had to train super crazy to get better)...if the heroes did not get more powerful as time went by the audience would quickly get bored. But frankly talking about Ichigo defeating all the Captains at once is pure fantasy. And while for some it is fun to speculate...I just love the series and will continue to enjoy each new day

Last edited by Mitsuomi1971; 2008-07-31 at 09:46.
Old 2008-07-31, 08:41   Link #44
Jerseykid

Quote:
Because they wouldn't stand there waiting for him to.

Ichigo isn't THAT much stronger than when he fought Byakuya. If anything, his hollow mask duration is the main difference compared to back then. Thinking that he's getting stronger for anyone in previous seasons to touch is simply DBZ logic that has no basis in Bleach.
If Ichigo's bankai does what it's supposed to do all they will be able to do is just stand there.
Old 2008-07-31, 09:10   Link #45
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
If Ichigo's bankai does what it's supposed to do all they will be able to do is just stand there.
It didn't "do what it supposed to do" against Grimjaw, now did it? He had to bring out his hollow mask to be even with him.

Without the hollow mask, Ichigo is still Captain level. I don't see any existing proof to state otherwise.

I'm not sure why there's even an argument about this. Ichigo clearly met his match in Amagai, unless you all are implying that Amagai is above Captain level.
Old 2008-07-31, 09:35   Link #46
Jerseykid

Quote:
It didn't "do what it supposed to do" against Grimjaw, now did it? He had to bring out his hollow mask to be even with him.

Without the hollow mask, Ichigo is still Captain level. I don't see any existing proof to state otherwise.

I'm not sure why there's even an argument about this. Ichigo clearly met his match in Amagai, unless you all are implying that Amagai is above Captain level.
You don't clearly meet your match when your protagonist is controlled by writers who won't even let you use all your abilities. Or who stop the fight midway when there would be an outcome and you could say with your proof who is better. I don't see any reality where Ichigo wouldn't wipe the floor with every single captain if his abilties worked properly and he was allowed to do so regardless of plot. The fight against grim was fine, it was a new class and level of opponent.
Old 2008-07-31, 09:47   Link #47
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
You don't clearly meet your match when your protagonist is controlled by writers who won't even let you use all your abilities. Or who stop the fight midway when there would be an outcome and you could say with your proof who is better. I don't see any reality where Ichigo wouldn't wipe the floor with every single captain if his abilties worked properly and he was allowed to do so regardless of plot. The fight against grim was fine, it was a new class and level of opponent.
Arguments belittling part of Bleach continuity because of a biased double standard have no meaning. If you were to seriously argue that Ichigo's power is inaccurate in this arc, it's because the arc itself isn't in normal Bleach timeline. The "writers" don't have a damned thing to do about it.

The whole "Ichigo's abilities aren't working properly because Kubo isn't writing this arc" thing don't even make sense. Simply an opinion based off of an unreasonable and illogical bias, nothing more.
Old 2008-07-31, 10:01   Link #48
Jerseykid

Quote:
Arguments belittling part of Bleach continuity because of a biased double standard have no meaning. If you were to seriously argue that Ichigo's power is inaccurate in this arc, it's because the arc itself isn't in normal Bleach timeline. The "writers" don't have a damned thing to do about it.

The whole "Ichigo's abilities aren't working properly because Kubo isn't writing this arc" thing don't even make sense. Simply an opinion based off of an unreasonable and illogical bias, nothing more.
Let me remind you what we're arguing about since you seem way off the main question. We're talking about a hypothetical situation of Ichigo vrs all captains. The only way any arc argument is going to defend your comments would be if Ichigo couldn't go bankai which we have already seen he is able to do in this arc.
Old 2008-07-31, 10:09   Link #49
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

The fact that Ichigo can whip out his mask and leave it on means that this is a timeline post-HM. This means Ichigo has some extra juice in the tank unless something happened to him before this. This is simple "DBZ" logic because in each arc he has gotten stronger.

In raw strength he is most likely stronger then Amagai. Does that mean he can beat him? No...

Who knows really...

Last edited by Cox; 2008-07-31 at 11:30.
Old 2008-07-31, 10:19   Link #50
Mitsuomi1971
Amagai Shusuke's Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cox View Post
This is not simple "DBZ" logic because in each arc he has gotten stronger.

Yes it is...lol...Ichigo just like very hero in every anime ever created, at least that I have seen (not including technological anime of course like GiTS or Robotech and such I am talking about pure mystical how the hell did you get those powers anime), continues to get stronger with each new opponent he/she faces...timelines aside of course since in DBZ there were many movies released after a timeline had passed so Goku and the others appeared weaker in the movies than they were in the series at that point...so if you follow that logic and consider this an OAV so to speak then the timeline is probably just before HM. However that being said, we do not know Amagai's total strength yet while we do pretty much know Ichigo's give or take a trick lol...However based on all I have seen and the foreshadowing provided in the episodes before, Ichigo is not the most powerful character...Inoue is...if she were evil and had resolve she could simply reject the reality of any of them being born... how's that for speculation?

Besides the true reason for this arc is getting lost...It is after all the Amagai Shuusuke arc...a Brand New Captain...so this arc is meant to introduce the new character since i suspect he may show up in the Manga...so the anime crew is showcasing Amagai, showing how mature he is and able to make decisions as well as having the best aikido skills of any of the Gotei13 I have seen to date.
Old 2008-07-31, 11:16   Link #51
strategos

Can someone make a gif of the muffler zanpaktu? ^^?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2008-07-31, 11:30   Link #52
Cox
BEETLEJUICE!

oh I meant it is :P
Old 2008-07-31, 12:34   Link #53
sifuwarrior
享用中華一番

The fire release was pretty cool kind of like an exhaust.
I was hoping to see Ichigo go hollow or bankai to show off Amagai

But was a good episode.
Old 2008-07-31, 12:38   Link #54
DarkHollowIchigo

Nice Episode This royal storyline issnt that bad.
Old 2008-07-31, 13:32   Link #55
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Goddamn it. Stupid Shuu stopped the fight just when it was getting good. I really wanted to see Captain Amagai's bankai too!
Old 2008-07-31, 13:46   Link #56
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Goddamn it. Stupid Shuu stopped the fight just when it was getting good. I really wanted to see Captain Amagai's bankai too!
The only time he would use bankai is if Ichigo brought out the mask
Old 2008-07-31, 13:53   Link #57
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
The only time he would use bankai is if Ichigo brought out the mask
doubt it. Ichigo is at captian level aswell

he would need his bankai if ichigo used his, soon as the mask comes on aswell, that will be fight over.
Old 2008-07-31, 14:42   Link #58
Jerseykid

Quote:
Originally Posted by uytre View Post
I don't remember that so i think you are in doo doo
Old 2008-07-31, 16:22   Link #59
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
Not necessarily. Ichigo was equal in strength to Byakuya by end of the SS arc. Later Ichigo in his regular bankai form and short lived hollow mask got beat by one-handed Grimmjow. In the HM Grimmjow fight he could keep his mask on for very long time and eventually beat Grimmjow who was in released form.

I hate to say it but unless the captains have received a considerable powerup since SS arc, only Yamamoto could pose any significant threat. Thus I was wondering what'd happen if all the captains and Yama would go at Ichi all at once.

Sorry for off-topicness again.
Ichigo has fought only 2 Captains fully, Byakuya and Kenpachi, he's well aware of their abilities (but doesn't make them any less dangerous), not so much everyone elses, this puts him at a extreme disadvantage when he's fighting alone against the Top Dogs in Soul Society at once. He stands a better chance at a one on one confrontation, not a 1 on 10
Old 2008-07-31, 16:34   Link #60
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

@ uytre:

Dude you get banned for posting spoilers even when you put them in a spoiler tag. Just letting you know.
Closed Thread

Tags
anime, weekly episode discussion