AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-06-01, 19:43   Link #181
Decel

Interesting Shinako-centric episode.

My points of view:
Haru's not a stalker. Rikuo's her only significant relationship aside from Kyouko, so so far I classify her as needy too.
Rou showed a lot of maturity admitting that he screwed up jumping on Shinako previously. At this point in time I blame teenage hormones.

On a side-note, Christmas came on a Thursday according to their calendar. So it's either 1997 or 2003.
Old 2020-06-03, 06:39   Link #182
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

BTW, a new extra scene came out and it had some pretty interesting twist.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 14:43   Link #183
Frontier

Fukuda's wife really is awesome. She only really knows Rikuo as her husband's friend who took pictures at her wedding but she's super gung-ho about supporting him with Shinako .

Man, even the supporting characters have troubled love lives. Kyouko's possible love interest is giving up his dreams and moving away because his family needs him, and she's not taking it well. She's the closest thing Haru has to a mentor and even her own love life seems as doomed as Haru's .

So...are Rikuo and Shinako together, just "taking it slow?" Or are they taking it slow to the point of a relationship? I guess at least their intentions both seem to be moving towards getting together, especially for Shinako, but it's never quite concrete between these two .

Haru ends up being the one who goes home, and is all smiles with her mom and her new step-father, but I wonder whether that's Haru's real "smile." It still feels like of the whole cast, she might be the most alone .

Did something happen to Haru's crow? I imagine that's what she called Rikuo about .

The new Ending was surprising. It definitely feels the most "traditional" of all the Endings so far, and even has the series' title in the lyrics. Will this Ending carry us to episode 18? I will say the imagery and showcase of our cast felt fitting for this series, and I hope the final shot of everyone smiling is indicating that everyone in the cast will find happiness by the end .
Old 2020-06-06, 17:08   Link #184
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

More than friend achievement

I wonder how they will wrap up the whole series with just 8 eps left
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 18:50   Link #185
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I bet Shinako and Rikuo's relationship is going to go nowhere. At this point it's becoming more and more clear to me that Shinako can't move on but at the same time really enjoys the attention. She admitted to herself plenty of times that what she does is wrong, yet she can't help doing it.

As for Haru, she won't give up until Rikuo straight out tells her he doesn't want to see her anymore, but he's too wishy-washy to do it (I know what it's like...), instead keeping his wording vague.

I really hope the ending isn't about Kansuke dying. Haru is already lonely enough as it is.
Old 2020-06-06, 19:10   Link #186
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I wonder how they will wrap up the whole series with just 8 eps left
I had to do a double take there because I could have sworn this was just a 12 episode series but apparently it's 18? Well that certainly changes perspectives. I was 99% convinced that the show would end with Shinako and Rikuo together but now it probably looks more like it will be a Haru ending. Things are going way too well with Shinako but at a conveniently slow pace. And the episode even hinted that at least of a part of it is down to Rikuo possibly having feelings for Haru.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 20:53   Link #187
Wandering Soul

So I'm not the only one that only recently learned that this series is actually 18 episodes long. Now I actually can see this having a Haru ending as ip to this point I was pretty certain this was going Shinako's way.
Old 2020-06-06, 21:07   Link #188
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There are 18 episodes, but the remaining six are Abema-exclusive, apparently.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 21:13   Link #189
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*listens to new ED*
Oh great, first (well, second) we get a suffocating girl and now we get... ...this... geeeeaaweh...

BTW, the song's title seems to be the origin for this manga's title and the original song was actually sung by a group called RC Section.
And although I don't like the original version much, it still doesn't make me want to jump out a window like this version.
I couldn't find any copy of the original on Youtube, but I believe this is the original
I mean, even Kakushigoto was able to broadcast the original version of their ED...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 23:39   Link #190
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I had to do a double take there because I could have sworn this was just a 12 episode series but apparently it's 18? Well that certainly changes perspectives. I was 99% convinced that the show would end with Shinako and Rikuo together but now it probably looks more like it will be a Haru ending. Things are going way too well with Shinako but at a conveniently slow pace. And the episode even hinted that at least of a part of it is down to Rikuo possibly having feelings for Haru.
Or he's at least concerned about not hurting her feelings...
Old 2020-06-07, 12:05   Link #191
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Loved episode 10. The week after week of suppressed feelings and frustrating on-again-off-again had a function: to make this episode more moving. I so hope Shinako and Rikuo can get together.

I'm disturbed to hear there are 18 episodes, however: now I have to fear a no-one ending, at least for Rikuo and Shinako. I haven't really ever seen him have actual romantic feelings for Haru, just as I've never seen Shinako have them for Rou. Maybe now I'm looking forward to Haru getting to know Rou, lol.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-07, 12:11   Link #192
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
There are 18 episodes, but the remaining six are Abema-exclusive, apparently.
So they won't be simulcasted?
Old 2020-06-07, 12:49   Link #193
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

According to ANN

"AbemaTV will begin an exclusive advance streaming of the latter six episodes after the main series concludes."

Who knows what that means for overseas viewers. I'm sure those episodes will be subbed by someone and made available somewhere.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-07, 20:42   Link #194
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Loved episode 10. The week after week of suppressed feelings and frustrating on-again-off-again had a function: to make this episode more moving. I so hope Shinako and Rikuo can get together.

I'm disturbed to hear there are 18 episodes, however: now I have to fear a no-one ending, at least for Rikuo and Shinako. I haven't really ever seen him have actual romantic feelings for Haru, just as I've never seen Shinako have them for Rou. Maybe now I'm looking forward to Haru getting to know Rou, lol.
I find myself wondering if Haru randomly meeting Rou earlier was a bit of a Chekov's Gun. It does seem clear that neither of the olders has romantic feelings for the youngers (Rikuo's cringey response when Haru hugged him was telling).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-08, 11:26   Link #195
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I find myself wondering if Haru randomly meeting Rou earlier was a bit of a Chekov's Gun. It does seem clear that neither of the olders has romantic feelings for the youngers (Rikuo's cringey response when Haru hugged him was telling).
She also told him to come to Milk Hall but he still hasn't.
Old 2020-06-08, 16:47   Link #196
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Not that we know of, no. But he's still totally fixated on unobtanium, just like she is.
Old 2020-06-08, 18:41   Link #197
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

To me, Haru meeting Rou was just a red herring. You totally expect all the main characters to get involved with each other in this type of shows, but that's not the case here. I myself thought they might help each other since their interests completely line up, but we haven't even gotten that.

It would feel extremely forced for Haru to end up with Rou.
Old 2020-06-08, 19:02   Link #198
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
To me, Haru meeting Rou was just a red herring. You totally expect all the main characters to get involved with each other in this type of shows, but that's not the case here. I myself thought they might help each other since their interests completely line up, but we haven't even gotten that.

It would feel extremely forced for Haru to end up with Rou.
Maybe Haru could help Rou loosen up a little but I don't see them as each other's type at all.
Old 2020-06-08, 19:56   Link #199
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

They have something important in common at least. Relationships have been built on a whole lot less.

It's not like every relationship has to have marriage potential. Rou and Haru are both at the stage where just having more experience being in a relationship would be a positive. You only have one romance in your life that doesn't end in breakup or death - and that's if you're one of the lucky ones. Being in relationships that ultimately fail in a non-catastrophic way is healthy, and a normal part of growing up.
Old 2020-06-08, 23:22   Link #200
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
They have something important in common at least. Relationships have been built on a whole lot less.

It's not like every relationship has to have marriage potential. Rou and Haru are both at the stage where just having more experience being in a relationship would be a positive. You only have one romance in your life that doesn't end in breakup or death - and that's if you're one of the lucky ones. Being in relationships that ultimately fail in a non-catastrophic way is healthy, and a normal part of growing up.
I kind of feel like that might happen with Rikuo and Shinako, but the onset of their relationship feels more believable then Rou and Haru in my opinion.