AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

View Poll Results: How really good was this week's episode? Be honest. Really...
Really really really good 42 71.19%
Really really good 8 13.56%
Really good 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-13, 16:24   Link #61
DarkHollowIchigo

Very....very well made episode 10/10, hisagi's zanpaktou has something to do with the reaper? I wonder....if he "ever" reach bankai form, i bet it would be kick ass.

Last edited by DarkHollowIchigo; 2009-05-13 at 17:03.
Old 2009-05-13, 18:08   Link #62
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Best Episode so far for the arc!!!
Old 2009-05-13, 18:10   Link #63
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

The episode was good; the way it looks their animating and doing the artwork this time have improve through this episodes.
Old 2009-05-13, 18:33   Link #64
scorpio516

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
The episode was awesome, but the ending was EPIC!!!
Good, but not as great as Kira loping off chicken man's head

BTW - in the recap, it annoyed me even more than in last weeks ep that chicken man's mouth never moved! Sure it's a mask, but every other hollow's mask opened at the mouth...

The animation was great. What I judge by is usually tonality. Great animation has great tone work, shadows, depth of field, and colour range. Crap animation doesn't.
Side semi-OT note: listen to the commentary on the first couple of seasons of the simpsons, Groening, et all, are blown away by their own tonality in the early seasons, something thats been lacking in the last 5-10 seasons, save a few eps.
Old 2009-05-13, 18:45   Link #65
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Great animation has great tone work, shadows, depth of field, and colour range. Crap animation doesn't..
What you're talking about is art, actually.
Old 2009-05-13, 19:44   Link #66
ZolfKimbley.BG
Explode!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
And the combination of art and animation results in a masterpiece. This episode, the battle between Hisagi and Findor, was a masterpiece, a poetry in motion. Every single detail was animated, everything here was moving fluently, the animation wasn't choppy like in other episodes, the colours had depth and shadows, just like scorpio516 said. The new battle themes were also great. The only episode which rivals this one in epicness and magnificent animation is the final fight between Ichigo and Grimmjow. Though there were many parts that strayed from the manga (like Findor constantly shooting ceros and balas, what's up with that!?), the episode as a whole was a very pleasing one, unlike the previous Vice Captain VS Arrancars fights. Both the YumiXCoolhorn and KiraXAbirama fights had poor animation and some annoying parts that didn't exist in the manga. The animation for ALL Bleach episodes should be like THIS one here, in episode 219.

It's sad that this can never be realized, because this probably costs tons of cash, and the producers can't afford such great expenses for every single episode.
Old 2009-05-13, 20:11   Link #67
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Thanks
Actually I was really suprised to see her
And the thing that she smiled like this makes me think that she was waiting for his release more than anyone
I really like that part as well. Not just her but Hitsugai(sp?) as well seemed to be waiting for it too. I noticed as well when he released the area around him had that effect that captains cause when they release their spiritual energy. The pressure that's in the air. I don't think any other vice-captain has caused that with their first release.

It makes me wonder how the vice captains rank in terms of power. We've seen all save for the 11th squad's release though the three Ichigo beat didn't really get to show anything. I can't help but think that the Commander's vice captain is insanely powerful when he's serious and not put in a position where he has to job to the lead character. He has to be (I hope) a the captain level and then some.
Old 2009-05-13, 23:55   Link #68
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZolfKimbley.BG View Post
And the combination of art and animation results in a masterpiece. This episode, the battle between Hisagi and Findor, was a masterpiece, a poetry in motion. Every single detail was animated, everything here was moving fluently, the animation wasn't choppy like in other episodes, the colours had depth and shadows, just like scorpio516 said. The new battle themes were also great. The only episode which rivals this one in epicness and magnificent animation is the final fight between Ichigo and Grimmjow. Though there were many parts that strayed from the manga (like Findor constantly shooting ceros and balas, what's up with that!?), the episode as a whole was a very pleasing one, unlike the previous Vice Captain VS Arrancars fights. Both the YumiXCoolhorn and KiraXAbirama fights had poor animation and some annoying parts that didn't exist in the manga. The animation for ALL Bleach episodes should be like THIS one here, in episode 219.

It's sad that this can never be realized, because this probably costs tons of cash, and the producers can't afford such great expenses for every single episode.
QFTMFT.

I don't think we've seen an animation fight this high quality since the Ichigo vs. Grimmjow final battle. (Thinking back, they animated even Grimmjow's foot paws down to the smallest detail. It was great.)
Old 2009-05-13, 23:56   Link #69
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tensashinigami View Post
The episode was good; the way it looks their animating and doing the artwork this time have improve through this episodes.
not so much improved as they have several different animation teams
Old 2009-05-14, 00:08   Link #70
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Good, but not as great as Kira loping off chicken man's head
I think you mean birdramon
Old 2009-05-14, 01:05   Link #71
scorpio516

Quote:
Animation can't be art??
Old 2009-05-14, 01:20   Link #72
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
It's actually art with finishing touches to it. That's what Scorpio was pointing out. As I'm sure that you already know, those finishing touches with the current technology at hand can cost quite some money, and not to mention, the time. I'm sure this 14 minutes long episode took more time than an average 20 minute episode of Bleach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
no no, it's GITRDUN!
Indeed. They GoTRDUN this week.

Like everyone has already mentioned, this was such a good episode. And all this work to feature a character that doesn't get much screen time. That brief exchange of their swords with that ting sound was so fluid. There were so many gorgeous screens to take....

Hats off to you hard working animators, and you too greedy producers for losening the rope on that sack of money you are huggling so tightly. In fact, I'm so impressed that I'm putting up a 3-choice poll just for this week. You will approve the choices I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyte View Post
I really love the intros that you give for episode discussion threads
Why, thank you!
Old 2009-05-14, 02:10   Link #73
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hahaha, awesome poll, so far it's one-sided on the good comments
Old 2009-05-14, 02:23   Link #74
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Awesome fight, much better than any of the other fights.

Retarded how they all got surprised Ikkaku lost. It's like they aren't even worried about the arrancars as a threat at all.

Is it just me or is 69 dude better suited for Zaraki's group? He should switch places with Yumichika.
Old 2009-05-14, 02:52   Link #75
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Just remembered... where's Hinamori and Nanao-chan all this time

禁則事項です
Old 2009-05-14, 03:02   Link #76
mugenTaichou
Sanity, you say?

This episode was so AWESOME that I'll have to watch it again when I come home <3

Old 2009-05-14, 03:25   Link #77
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
Just remembered... where's Hinamori and Nanao-chan all this time
frozen in time - space with the rest.
Old 2009-05-14, 06:59   Link #78
neshru

Quote:
Animation can't be art??
animation is how the drawings are animated, art is how good they look.
This episode had both great art and animation, but great art is not an indicator that the animation will be great too. You can have top notch art with average animation and you can have the most beautiful animation with subpar art (and that's how it usually is, detailed drawings and shading are usually sacrificed in scene that feature high quality animation).
Old 2009-05-14, 08:07   Link #79
Irkalla
I asked for this

This weeks ep was really really really really good looking, which it really really really hard to come by in Bleach, at least as of late. The fighting scenes scenes were so well animated that the word filler didn't even cross my mind while watching.

+ Exacta espada (don't remember his name) was hot.
Old 2009-05-14, 09:41   Link #80
Appurukami

Just as I was losing faith in Bleach they come back with a fantastic episode.
Brilliant art, animation and most of all music. I must have listened to that spanish guitar 10 times already
Closed Thread