AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-03-17, 23:33   Link #22841
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
What was Kallen's favorite food again?

was it hamburger with carry sauce
Worchester sause actually.
Old 2010-03-17, 23:50   Link #22842
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Worchester sause actually.
what is worchester sause?
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-17, 23:54   Link #22843
ChildrenOfTheMind

It's like Tabasco I think
ChildrenOfTheMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 01:17   Link #22844
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worcestershire_sauce

You make meat with it, more or less.
Old 2010-03-18, 01:23   Link #22845
Eiontalos

It's closer to barbecue\steak sauce then Tabasco. It's actually pretty good if you mix it in when you are seasoning hamburgers.
Eiontalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 01:42   Link #22846
Nobodyman9
Banned

The Kallen Thread. Home to discussions about Kallen, Kalulu, and Worcestershire Sauce
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 06:38   Link #22847
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
But...but...I am a guy!!! XD

No man should give up his woman for another!! Even if he is an epic bastard with great speeches and a creepishly awesome voice!!!! XD

But it's not like I can date her anyway, so I will concede. FOR NOW. XD
THIS :')

Anyway, are there still people who didn't see the amazing Kalulu doujin ?
It's a must see, I'm deadly serious.

And about Worcestire sauce, it's the sauce which is especially used when you are cooking raw meat.
Pretty good with a raw stack, if you ask me (and even for the most pathetic cooker, it's easy to use :'). Now I never tried it with hamburger so...

BTW I was just remlinded of something BetterOffer said in Shirley's thread about how Lelouch put his dream on stake to save Kallen.
Correct me if I'm wrong (And I'm not) but...he basically sacrificed his life for her as well, in Turn 19. Heh, for such a selfish (I mean, till the latest episode) bastard, it's an amazing move (not that his move in turn 10 wasn't awesome, it was beyond awesome, but our guy was ready to sacrifice almost everything to her.)

His ways to woo are too epic for words :')
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 12:54   Link #22848
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It's pretty good with hamburger, as long as you don't go overboard.
Old 2010-03-18, 13:23   Link #22849
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
BTW I was just remlinded of something BetterOffer said in Shirley's thread about how Lelouch put his dream on stake to save Kallen.
Correct me if I'm wrong (And I'm not) but...he basically sacrificed his life for her as well, in Turn 19. Heh, for such a selfish (I mean, till the latest episode) bastard, it's an amazing move (not that his move in turn 10 wasn't awesome, it was beyond awesome, but our guy was ready to sacrifice almost everything to her.)

His ways to woo are too epic for words :')
Turn 19? You mean when his entire Black Knight crew were pointing guns at him and would've plugged him full of holes whether Kallen stayed by his side or not? Unless you're referring to something else or there's something I'm missing here, I really don't see your point. He just did what he did to spare Kallen's life.
Old 2010-03-18, 13:46   Link #22850
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I'll explain.... Slowly.

Lelouch lost everything -- Nunnally was presumed dead, caught in the FLEIJA blast, he dived into despair. Lost and feeling hopeless - his emotions unchecked. He didn't want a crutch, he wanted his sister back.

When he was called by the Black Knights, they accused him and 'put him on trial' sort to speak. He had no willpower to go on, so he simply retorted the best possible answer that came to him -- to spare atleast one more person's life. The last person that genuinely cared for him, Kallen.

He used the words in such a manner, that he noted she wasn't anything to him, just a pawn. When she accepted this, and walked away from him to meet his fate, Lelouch muttered this: "Live on, Kallen.", in her attempt to stop them from openingly fire on Zero, the realization dawned on her he did it to protect her. He disippeared afterwards.

Thats why. It was a single act of kindness that condemned him, even though he could've explained, though he felt no 'reason' to. Just 'feeling lost, feeling anguish.' sort to speak. Besides, he probably rationalized it as "They wouldn't understand/they wouldn't listen."

Thats why. Kallen was the defense, everyone else was the prosecutor. Schneizel was the judge. Kallen was willing to die with him then and there, were she truly valuable to Zero. He was one person away from dying, and that was looking bleak right from the start. So he decided to atleast spare her life in exchange for his.

I think that was it.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 13:57   Link #22851
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I'll explain.... Slowly.

Lelouch lost everything -- Nunnally was presumed dead, caught in the FLEIJA blast, he dived into despair. Lost and feeling hopeless - his emotions unchecked. He didn't want a crutch, he wanted his sister back.

When he was called by the Black Knights, they accused him and 'put him on trial' sort to speak. He had no willpower to go on, so he simply retorted the best possible answer that came to him -- to spare atleast one more person's life. The last person that genuinely cared for him, Kallen.

He used the words in such a manner, that he noted she wasn't anything to him, just a pawn. When she accepted this, and walked away from him to meet his fate, Lelouch muttered this: "Live on, Kallen.", in her attempt to stop them from openingly fire on Zero, the realization dawned on her he did it to protect her. He disippeared afterwards.

Thats why. It was a single act of kindness that condemned him, even though he could've explained, though he felt no 'reason' to. Just 'feeling lost, feeling anguish.' sort to speak. Besides, he probably rationalized it as "They wouldn't understand/they wouldn't listen."

Thats why. Kallen was the defense, everyone else was the prosecutor. Schneizel was the judge. Kallen was willing to die with him then and there, were she truly valuable to Zero. He was one person away from dying, and that was looking bleak right from the start. So he decided to atleast spare her life in exchange for his.

I think that was it.
Right. I understand that. I just don't think you could really say he was "sacrificing his life" for her since he was going to die anyway. I think he pretty well figured that the Black Knights weren't willing to listen to him or Kallen and would've killed him regardless. It was a generous act by Lelouch to be sure, but I wouldn't exactly call it self-sacrifice.
Old 2010-03-18, 14:12   Link #22852
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
more like, sacrificing any chance he might have had to save himself
he wasn't "i don't care, so just shoot me"
he didn't completely give up on trying to escape until seeing shnizel there and realizing that there is no way out since shnizel is the sort of guy who'd have all his bases covered
he didn't WANT to die at that point, since he was still trying to figure a way out of the whole thing (noting the knightmares, and wondering if he could geass ougi and the others)

but once he saw that there really is no way out, then he did what he did to save kallen
not out of despair and wishing to die, but because at that point, she was all he had left
Old 2010-03-18, 15:01   Link #22853
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Well, the anniversary art is decided.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 15:47   Link #22854
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
he didn't completely give up on trying to escape until seeing shnizel there and realizing that there is no way out since shnizel is the sort of guy who'd have all his bases covered
he didn't WANT to die at that point, since he was still trying to figure a way out of the whole thing (noting the knightmares, and wondering if he could geass ougi and the others)

but once he saw that there really is no way out, then he did what he did to save kallen
not out of despair and wishing to die, but because at that point, she was all he had left
This again.

Anyway what is self sacrifice ? I don't get the idea ? The only self sacrifice Lelouch ever really made was Zero Requiem. Kallen's case in Turn 19 was slightly different but I'm running out of time and Blade said it perfectly.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 16:13   Link #22855
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post

Well, I still think my point stands. You said yourself that once he saw Schneizel and had surveyed, he knew there was no way out, whether Kallen was defending him or not. Yes, maybe there was a chance that Kallen could have persuaded them (nothing is impossible after all) but the chance was slim to none, and Lelouch knew it. I certainly wouldn't risk the life of someone close to me just for something that had a minimal to no chance of working.

And no Lelouch, didn't want to die, but he know that he almost certainly was going to.
Old 2010-03-18, 16:57   Link #22856
azul120

Interestingly enough, it was after all of that that that Lelouch had passed the Despair Event Horizon and had picked up the Death Seeker Ball from Suzaku.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 17:34   Link #22857
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Interestingly enough, it was after all of that that that Lelouch had passed the Despair Event Horizon and had picked up the Death Seeker Ball from Suzaku.
And who could blame him?
Old 2010-03-18, 17:46   Link #22858
azul120

I know. R2 = Trauma Conga Line in anime form. Only person who at the time seemed to have an inkling of what Lelouch was up to in R2 20 was Kaguya.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 19:30   Link #22859
Lost Cause

Indeed! Wasn't it 2 or 3 episodes later that Kallen was attempting to stop (or kill?) Lelouch, before he could bring Damocles on line? An interesting change of her going from "defender" to "hunter".

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 23:14   Link #22860
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, I still think my point stands. You said yourself that once he saw Schneizel and had surveyed, he knew there was no way out, whether Kallen was defending him or not. Yes, maybe there was a chance that Kallen could have persuaded them (nothing is impossible after all) but the chance was slim to none, and Lelouch knew it. I certainly wouldn't risk the life of someone close to me just for something that had a minimal to no chance of working.

And no Lelouch, didn't want to die, but he know that he almost certainly was going to.
I guess the idea is that Lelouch was a guy who greatly cared about his own life, and as such, one would expect him to fight for it to the bitter end regardless of the odds. Instead he throws out any chance of his own survival in order to guarantee Kallen's when he could have considered taking her as a hostage or human shield. The BK were fine with gunning her down if she was Geassed, but if they thought she wasn't and was a hostage then they might be a little more hesitant. One expects the "villain" to "plead for his wretched existence" when called out, not deliver a Facing The Bullets One Liner to protect someone, who of all people wouldn't mind dying with him or for him.

As well, his efforts also protected her reputation similar to what he does in ZR, as making her walk away from him would be safer for her future than him surrendering and them locking them both up when she tries to defend him, though they might have just shot them both there anyway. Perhaps it could be said that he planned to go out in a way that both saved her life, and actually gave her a future, rather than seeing her locked up in a cell as his suspected accomplice or a mind controlled servant who might try to avenge him.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote