AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2004-12-21, 22:18   Link #1
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Anime Classic infected with Perl.Santy

Just went to L33T-Ninja to try and download Great Mazinger and found that it was infected with a new virus called Perl.Santy. The page now says as per the worm payload. "This Website is Defaced" NeverEverNoSanity Worm Generation 12. In other words. Good luck getting any Anime from AnimeClassic for a while.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 22:20   Link #2
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
same thing happened to www.animenewnetwork.com but then again the ANN has a web team where most subbers just have a single web master
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 22:23   Link #3
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Apparently it only effect Web Servers that run on Unix so most people are safe. Oh and ANN still works for me.
Old 2004-12-21, 22:43   Link #4
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Apparently it only effect Web Servers that run on Unix so most people are safe. Oh and ANN still works for me.
1) It affects PHPBB < 2.0.11. It does not matter what OS you are running on.
2) It uses google to spread.
3) ANN upgraded and replaced after getting hit.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 22:44   Link #5
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Just went to L33T-Ninja to try and download Great Mazinger and found that it was infected with a new virus called Perl.Santy. The page now says as per the worm payload. "This Website is Defaced" NeverEverNoSanity Worm Generation 12. In other words. Good luck getting any Anime from AnimeClassic for a while.
ANN got hit, as did Conscrew.com and a bunch of other sites. This is basically a result of the PHP exploit that was recently publicised, and as it turns out, the server backend that hosts our site (as well as a bunch of others) hadn't been installed any PHP updates in over a year and a half. Once they get their stuff together, we can restore the site.

In the meantime, our BT site is on a different host, and is unaffected. We will continue regular releases, including a special on Boxing Day (26 Dec) regardless.
exedore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-21, 22:54   Link #6
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Hey Exedore is the Animeclassic Team going to continue Great Mazinger or have you dropped the project. I heard raws are pretty rare these days so I wouldn't be surprised. Oh and does anyone know the group that attempted Mazinger Z but dropped it after the first episode and if the reason had anything to do with the Tranzor Z licence?
Old 2004-12-21, 23:24   Link #7
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Hey Exedore is the Animeclassic Team going to continue Great Mazinger or have you dropped the project. I heard raws are pretty rare these days so I wouldn't be surprised. Oh and does anyone know the group that attempted Mazinger Z but dropped it after the first episode and if the reason had anything to do with the Tranzor Z licence?
Can't comment on Mazinger Z, we aren't working on it.

As for Great Mazinger, Kyoji's computer blew up while he was working on ep 2, and took advantage of the time to focus on his studies for the rest of the semester. He's on Xmas break now, and the subject of continuing has come up, but nothing's been decided 100% yet. We'd all like to do more, but it's an issue of balancing real life vs. fansubbing.
Old 2004-12-21, 23:41   Link #8
Fel
Clean up princess

Quote:
WolfPackProductions
something about a new license, I don't know
Fel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 22:57   Link #9
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Just a quick note, our site is back up.