AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-28, 14:00   Link #4001
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Agreed, that allegiance gag was hilarious!

Nasu being a spellmaster is interesting, since that likely means either Takamiya or Fuji (the other "beasts") is the aforementioned demon contractor.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 15:51   Link #4002
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Oh wow. How often do you see a character bounce back from getting fodderized?
Old 2013-02-28, 16:23   Link #4003
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
Oh wow. How often do you see a character bounce back from getting fodderized?
When Piccolo absorbed kami.

Of course, the glory of being the most powerful dude around only lasted very short.
Old 2013-02-28, 17:51   Link #4004
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnnn, I wonder... If the number could also be the measure of how much power is given to the bearer of the crest. Kanzaki and Himekawa were undoubtedly the weaker of the top four so for them to get more of a power boost would help even things out. Also, because it would just be plain cheating if Tojou got the same amount of power Kanzaki did.
Old 2013-02-28, 18:00   Link #4005
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Wow Bad-ass Kanzaki giving the guys a can of whop-ass
Old 2013-02-28, 18:40   Link #4006
Raviel

Ok for reasons I can't understand, why do I feel like I'm only starting to realize how good Furuichi is at standing there while things blow up around him.

Has he even moved from his spot ever since all the fighting started?

Now I'm hoping next week we'll finally get some answers as to how this incident is connected to demons who probably oppose Beel's family. Maybe they're the demons who are actually serious about destroying the world?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-28, 18:49   Link #4007
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hnnn, I wonder... If the number could also be the measure of how much power is given to the bearer of the crest. Kanzaki and Himekawa were undoubtedly the weaker of the top four so for them to get more of a power boost would help even things out. Also, because it would just be plain cheating if Tojou got the same amount of power Kanzaki did.
It would be funny if since it's Kanzaki is first to get the crest he's just tagged as no 1 but when more get the crest he gets relegated in number

But I guess Kanzaki will stick with no 1.

Great seeing Kanzaki kick some proper ass since it's been awhile but always fun seeing Oga do the same as well.
Old 2013-02-28, 22:19   Link #4008
Diveman

BADASS

that's all I will say about this chapter. If they were building for this, I won't complain. I just hope it keeps this way from now on during this arc.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 02:08   Link #4009
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Ok for reasons I can't understand, why do I feel like I'm only starting to realize how good Furuichi is at standing there while things blow up around him.

Has he even moved from his spot ever since all the fighting started?

Now I'm hoping next week we'll finally get some answers as to how this incident is connected to demons who probably oppose Beel's family. Maybe they're the demons who are actually serious about destroying the world?
Of course. Furuichi just stands around and let fighters fight. While the General watch.

The Beloved Occult Research Club

malason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 10:49   Link #4010
Qpax
黒猫のタンゴ

Well since Nasu is spellmaster and Oga was also learning the basics from Saotome back in his training days then it's no wonder that Oga was able to pull out this spellmaster trick without knowing and put seal on Kanzaki. So putting numbers on your party members is releated to you being a spellmaster which I also find interesting that we know that Oga is now spellmaster user just like Saotome and demon contractor which makes him uber strong. With that being said I didn't see Nasubi's friends were that strong. If they were numbered as to how they are stronger then number one of that group supposed to put some fight againist Kanzaki so I am just guessing that you get those numbers according to your "allegiance to your king" and Kanzaki was the one who at least approved Oga as Ishiyama's boss from bottom of his heart.

Also it's not clear in the story so far that we don't know much about spellmaster. I am thinking that it's more advanced form of "being contractor". When you are demon contractor, as the name goes, you are possesed by demon and can call forth it's power but if you are spellmaster then you don't need to be possesed by demon and can use demonic powers without relying on demon. I said it's advanced so I am just guessing that spellmasters can use various spells. It's up to your strenght. So if you are as powerful as Saotome-sensei then you can be very advanced spell caster. But Nasubi seems to be not that powerful and owned by Oga with one punch. On the other hand if you are contractor you can be as powerful as your demon that is possesing you. In this case Oga is with Beel which is from royal family and even though he is baby but his powers can be deadly. Oga is strong vessel so he can handle his powers in this sense. Oga also said that he was trained by Saotome-sensei and "it got boring at some point" and one punch ko'ed Nasu. But Oga is dumbhead and he still doesn't know that he is also now can be regarded as spellmaster. That is why Hilda also suprised by the fact that Nasu is spellmaster. And lastly some wild guesses: spellmasters celebrate consensual contracts and are free to use their powers as they please; maybe spellmasters trade something for their powers (their souls would be an obvious option) and contractors don't; spellmasters alternatively may be forced to ally themselves with their demons (which may explain why Dr. Foras advised Saotome against supporting Beel too much). Who knows.
Old 2013-03-01, 11:53   Link #4011
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by malason13 View Post
Of course. Furuichi just stands around and let fighters fight. While the General watch.
That's not what he means.
He's talking about how Furuichi is adept at being oblivious to everything that goes around him, always standing in the right spot where actions won't affect him.
Old 2013-03-01, 12:10   Link #4012
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
That's not what he means.
He's talking about how Furuichi is adept at being oblivious to everything that goes around him, always standing in the right spot where actions won't affect him.
Subtle plot armor or a crazy amount of good luck?
Libros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 12:31   Link #4013
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Subtle plot armor or a crazy amount of good luck?
It's only fair, considering he gets owned when Aoi causes nuclear explosions when she gets embarrassed and he gets caught in the aftermath, lol. See the arc with the first appearance of moeHilda to see what I'm talking about, . Him being forced as Beel's horsey was funny too.

I actually went through the chapters again and Furuichi makes my day.

Edit: welp wrong baby

Last edited by Excorsism; 2013-03-02 at 04:24.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 21:14   Link #4014
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
It's only fair, considering he gets owned when Aoi causes nuclear explosions when she gets embarrassed and he gets caught in the aftermath, lol. See the arc with the first appearance of moeHilda to see what I'm talking about, . Him being forced as Futaba's horsey was funny too.

I actually went through the chapters again and Furuichi makes my day.
My reading of Beelzebub has pretty much gone like this for the past few weeks......

Me: Cool new chapter with fighting.

Me: Hold on, more importantly.........is Furuichi just STANDING THERE while sh*t goes down.

Me: Has he always looked that badass? Has he always just stood in the middle of all the explosions and I never noticed?

Me: Oh hey the chapter is over.

I'm not sure whether the "comedy" involving Furuichi just standing there and everyone else fighting is on purpose, but its a pretty nice touch by the mangaka, reading back on the chapters lets you appreciate it more.

It's even more hilarious when Kanzaki gets thrown back during this chapter because after all the smoke and blood we get a panel of Furuichi standing in the middle of it all completely unharmed.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 02:45   Link #4015
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Spoiler for 195:

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 02:54   Link #4016
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
Spoiler for 195:
Yeah the story didn't move even a millimeter.
Old 2013-03-07, 03:58   Link #4017
malason13
Forsaken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
My reading of Beelzebub has pretty much gone like this for the past few weeks......

Me: Cool new chapter with fighting.

Me: Hold on, more importantly.........is Furuichi just STANDING THERE while sh*t goes down.

Me: Has he always looked that badass? Has he always just stood in the middle of all the explosions and I never noticed?

Me: Oh hey the chapter is over.

I'm not sure whether the "comedy" involving Furuichi just standing there and everyone else fighting is on purpose, but its a pretty nice touch by the mangaka, reading back on the chapters lets you appreciate it more.

It's even more hilarious when Kanzaki gets thrown back during this chapter because after all the smoke and blood we get a panel of Furuichi standing in the middle of it all completely unharmed.
Furuichi has always been like that. I have reread Beelzebub 3 time already and Furuichi is always watching, like what would a general would do.

The Beloved Occult Research Club

malason13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 04:15   Link #4018
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

The person on the phone... It was a dude right?
Spoiler for Spoils.:
Old 2013-03-07, 05:03   Link #4019
Battler-kun

Hm, i am sick of seeing Oga getting hit pretty hard over and over gain and simply tank it, stand up and land a finishing blow which ends the fight.

That's stupid.
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-07, 08:59   Link #4020
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Hm, i am sick of seeing Oga getting hit pretty hard over and over gain and simply tank it, stand up and land a finishing blow which ends the fight.

That's stupid.
Was hoping he would lose big time. But hey Kanzaki shows he can totally hold his own when facing sub sealers.

Quote:
The person on the phone... It was a dude right?
I'm hoping it's a girl.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gag, shounen, slice of life, violence