AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 117 66.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 21.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 7.39%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 2.84%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.57%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-13, 21:09   Link #141
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I do believe AIR has now been ruined for me
Old 2006-12-13, 22:02   Link #142
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay people.. .enough AIR spoilers, eh? Tag items from other series properly.
Old 2006-12-14, 00:33   Link #143
kingdom_elladrel
Ayu-ism

I just had rewatch this episode again. Excellent work from Kyoto Animation. Another scene that I liked would be the scene where Makoto meets Amano for the first time and she helps her "remember" her name and Yuuichi's name. Nice music to go along with it as well. That was a very touching moment, along with what I already mentioned which is the wedding scene and also right up to Makoto's disappearance.

Last edited by kingdom_elladrel; 2006-12-14 at 00:34. Reason: Typo fixing
Old 2006-12-14, 00:50   Link #144
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

I said I wasn't going to worry about that final scene with Piro and Makoto on the hill, but it won't get out of my head. I don't want spoilers, I just want to know if that means something or nothing for later.
Seriously, it's driving me nuts.
Old 2006-12-14, 01:00   Link #145
VRMN
Dangoism

Send a message via AIM to VRMN
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I said I wasn't going to worry about that final scene with Piro and Makoto on the hill, but it won't get out of my head. I don't want spoilers, I just want to know if that means something or nothing for later.
Seriously, it's driving me nuts.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-14, 01:52   Link #146
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Watching this episode once more is fine...but if u watch the last 3 together, then u will fell the brilliance of KyoAni even more. I actually dared to do it, and man is my heart aching badly...

Just watching the last 3 is hurting so bad...I wonder if my heart is powerful to bear all 24 episodes in one go...
Old 2006-12-14, 02:20   Link #147
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Maybe i need to watch the whole series again. After I saw the reviews on this episode, I went and watched all 10 episodes at one go but i didnt exactly feel that emotional. Probably 10 episodes at a go is too much :/
Old 2006-12-14, 11:13   Link #148
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Okay people.. .enough AIR spoilers, eh? Tag items from other series properly.
But shouldn't Misuzu be treated the same as Spike from Cowboy Bebop? Like people should know by now a version of what happens. I mean even the fighting game has a version of her ending in it. So, if you click on a fight that she wins on YouTube, you'll see it.

Besides, her ending isn't spoiled by saying "poor Misuzu".
Spoiler:
Old 2006-12-14, 11:22   Link #149
Skane
Anime Snark

[Wry]
Or alternatively, it's because she's a church mouse.
[/Wry]

Narf.
Old 2006-12-14, 11:26   Link #150
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But shouldn't Misuzu be treated the same as Spike from Cowboy Bebop? Like people should know by now a version of what happens.
Except that Cowboy Bebop has been on local television in many places outside Japan and is almost ten years old . If you haven't seen it by now, you're either very new to anime (and probably not hanging around here) or you just don't care. Still, I'd tag it if I ever felt the need to reference it.
AIR just ran... when? 2005? I just haven't had time to go back and watch it yet.
Old 2006-12-14, 11:37   Link #151
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But Air the game has been around since September, 2000. The source material is 6 years old now.

However, I do apologize if I've potentially spoiled your future Air experience.
Old 2006-12-14, 14:50   Link #152
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
Exclamation Haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
In the end, Yuuichi is surrounded by a street full of dead girls and lost dreams, he chugs the Jam and dies....

well, not really but the comedy is there to get you attached to the characters so when you learn the various truths or bad things happened .... tis a good evil.
I'm sorry, but that was so awful I had to laugh! Poor Yuuichi!

Ayu: "Uguuuuuu, chug the jam!"
Old 2006-12-14, 16:43   Link #153
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

True that at some point you have to reveal that Jesus dies on the cross (omg spoiled) ... but *many* viewers do not play the games and not infrequently are unaware that the anime was based on previous material.

The first I'd *ever* heard of AIR for example was when the series started airing and someone said I had to watch it because of the animation quality. So I was quite literally knocked out of my chair by each climactic moment. I did not find out about the game until partway through the series and it is the first japanese software game I've ever purchased. (I only own four now) At least outside of Japan, its the exception rather than the rule that a viewer has been exposed to or even heard of the source material for some of these shows.

@aliensporebomb: thanks for noticing my lame attempts at humor
Old 2006-12-14, 17:13   Link #154
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But Air the game has been around since September, 2000. The source material is 6 years old now.

However, I do apologize if I've potentially spoiled your future Air experience.
The Air game has never been translated, so, for a lot of people, the only access they have to the Air story is via the anime TV series and/or the anime movie, both of which came out just last year. So, it's unreasonable to expect that the events of Air are no longer spoilers, unlike Cowboy Bebop or Star Wars Ep 5, in that everyone who wants to see those already has by now.
Old 2006-12-14, 17:25   Link #155
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
And should we forget next generation? Whom everything is new and exciting. Should we spoil them about our knowledge because there's already something new in that moment. I don't think so instead we should courage them to look back in history.
Old 2006-12-15, 22:08   Link #156
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well again, I'm a Kanon virgin - no exposure to the material in any previous form. So for me, this wrapped up Makoto's arc pretty much perfectly - undeinably sad as hell, but a balanced view that didn't exclude the miracle that her very existence represented. It was plenty tragic enough in itself - any more overt tugging at the heartstrings would have been cloying.

Now, on with business - Ayu's finally back in the game...
Old 2006-12-18, 13:29   Link #157
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
What was especially bad about Makoto's death is that we're USED to her trying to harass Yuuichi EVERY night and failing. It's a routine that we're used to. Now she's dead, all of that is gone ;_;
Old 2006-12-26, 07:25   Link #158
qwerty4

this episode was nice. is had some touching scenes. especially the Amano bit.
y-y-yu-i-chi......YUICHI
the ending was beautiful and the animation helped....alot.
Old 2007-03-24, 01:15   Link #159
Icehawk

As another total virgin to this series and story, I have to chime in now as I just finnished watching this 10th episode and I have to say that these last few episodes have been some of the most tearjerking bits of media I have seen in a long time, I came very close to shedding tears from Air but managed to hold out, but this I just couldnt hold back, the sadness it envoked while watching made me start thinking of my own tragic helpless losses in life (like our old family cat that died 4 years ago whom I shared most of my life with up till then and who also slowly deteriorated during her last few months) As such I could do nothing but submit to the eyeball showers.

Im glad I decided to wait for this series to finnish airing before watching it as I know I wouldnt be able to accept only seeing 1 ep per week of this show.
Old 2007-04-03, 21:37   Link #160
Rall)eon117X
Lightning Alchemist

Yeah. This episode was great. I just finished the series today and this was the episode I rewatched after. Really was emotional. A couple tears escaped. This is the second time this has happened in an anime series for me! And both times were Key productions >.<". And I've watched quite a few series in the past 8 months or so.

Spoiler:

This episode was great. I loved it. And now after seeing the rest of the series, I'm really happy .
Closed Thread