AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-08, 14:50   Link #61
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ Seems pretty interesting, and it has potential. I'll think about it. Though if the thread is created, i think we should go with things like in the "Rate that avatar/sig" thread - if you want people to judge your work, you should comment on some one else's character, otherwise i am afraid it would quickly turn in to a thread where every one simply dumps their creation without bothering to discuss anything. Accordingly, posts without any discussion/comments on some ones creation would be subjects for deletion. (Minus the first couple of posts)

If that is ok with you guys, then I'll consider creating the thread.
Old 2007-05-08, 14:52   Link #62
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

That's perfectly fine with us. Most of us who want this thread enjoy discussions.
Old 2007-05-08, 16:03   Link #63
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Character Creation and Discussion thread created. Have fun
Old 2007-05-12, 21:16   Link #64
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

How about some threads for shipping-discussion? This way, we can transfer all the out-of-context shipping banter from the episode discussion threads, and the shippers get to continue to have their fun as well.

To make it more feasible, have two separate threads. One for serious shipping discussion, and the other for fun shipping banter.

Standard rules of mutual respect and yada-yada will apply to both of course, since we will not want either of those threads to degenerate into monkey-pooping at each other.

Suggested thread titles,

Discussion of Relationships in the MSLN Series [SERIOUS DISCUSSION ONLY]
Discussion of Relationships in the MSLN Series [Fun & Laughter Discussion]

Thoughts?
Old 2007-05-12, 21:21   Link #65
raidou
Confused person

Send a message via MSN to raidou
hmm that is an idea , but how you gonna really split between fun /serious one?

Sometimes it is kinda hard to differentiate em just like some of your/C2F jokes could be funny but true at the same time(not a pure imagination).Especially on speculation part ><

Sorry if you didn't get what i mean ...can't describe it properly
Old 2007-05-12, 21:32   Link #66
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I don't think there will be much difficulty in differentiating serious and non-serious discussion. Serious discussion will be on the lines of the "Character Creation" thread where the fans take pride in their fan-creations and make an effort to provide details and talk about their fiction.

Non-serious will be stuff like jokes and *wink-wink* sort of posts.

Basically speaking, the serious thread will be dedicated to people who enjoy analysing the canonical information and deriving their evidence from there. It will be a "lawyer" against "lawyer" sort of discussion. I am expecting essay-length discussions in here, with serious thought given to the matter.

In the non-serious thread, almost anything goes; since it is meant to be for fun only. In other words, "real evidence" not necessary.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-12, 21:43   Link #67
Meophist

I second and third Skane's request.
Old 2007-05-12, 21:44   Link #68
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
How about some threads for shipping-discussion? This way, we can transfer all the out-of-context shipping banter from the episode discussion threads, and the shippers get to continue to have their fun as well.

To make it more feasible, have two separate threads. One for serious shipping discussion, and the other for fun shipping banter.

Standard rules of mutual respect and yada-yada will apply to both of course, since we will not want either of those threads to degenerate into monkey-pooping at each other.

Suggested thread titles,

Thoughts?
I personally approve of this, but right now I don't feel like participating in ship wars. (Even if my troops are on standby and awaiting orders )
Old 2007-05-12, 23:05   Link #69
guess

Why don't we have a thread clearly lable "the shipping war between Nanoha X Fate against Nanoha X Yuno"? Shipping is shipping. It is very, VERY hard to ask people to keep it "seriou" or "fun." Just look at all these ridiculous shipping wars in every ep discussion. Recently, they just started one at the image thread! If you try to stop it at ep discussion thread, they just take it else where.

This is not going to stop at being "serious" or "fun." I think we can try to limit all these to one thread as much as possible and have some real fun or discussion else where. I am so sick of this shipping wars!!
Old 2007-05-12, 23:06   Link #70
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

Suggested thread titles,

Thoughts?
The idea behind the first thread title seems harmless enough. The 2nd thread-title is rejected for the time being, or at least until it is observed that this particular section of the forum is showing some improvement on the overall posting quality. Feel free to create the wordings for the opening post whenever you are ready, and submit here for the first idea, and the thread will be created.
Old 2007-05-13, 02:16   Link #71
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow Relationships In The MSLN Series [SERIOUS DISCUSSION ONLY]

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
The idea behind the first thread title seems harmless enough. The 2nd thread-title is rejected for the time being, or at least until it is observed that this particular section of the forum is showing some improvement on the overall posting quality. Feel free to create the wordings for the opening post whenever you are ready, and submit here for the first idea, and the thread will be created.
Well, I hope I got the format right...
~~~~ ~~~~

Welcome to the "Relationships In The MSLN Series [SERIOUS DISCUSSION ONLY]" thread.

The purpose of this thread is to provide a venue for members to discuss the various relationship pairings in the world of MSLN. Additionally, this thread is only for serious discussion based on the official canon. Fan-made material should not be taken into consideration. Canonical sources include-
Spoiler for tidiness:
As always, the usual rules of forum conduct must be followed. Specific examples to take note of from AnimeSuki's Forum Rules are-
Spoiler for tidiness:
If you come across any post that is problematic, PLEASE use the Report Post button () to inform the Moderators. Do not aggravate the problem by replying to it.

On a final note, the very nature of this discussion means that there will be people who will disagree with your opinion(s). Please practise mutual respect and debate the issue(s) without resorting to personal attacks. There is no credibility in insults, only trouble.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-13, 11:00   Link #72
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Thread created.
Old 2007-05-22, 16:14   Link #73
Meophist

I'm thinking we might be able to use a spoiler/speculation thread. There was the incident with the spoiler before, but also there's information about a future episode due to the Sound Stage's next-episode-preview.
Old 2007-05-26, 03:52   Link #74
Abbott
Munior Jember

How about a thread that just has episode synopsis' in it. It's very difficult to find a decent synopsis in the episode discussion threads when they're 40+ pages long. A thread with just one post dedicated to one episode would be nice. It could be locked and updated by a Mod who chooses the best post from the discussion threads that sums up the episode in question.
Old 2007-05-28, 20:08   Link #75
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott View Post
How about a thread that just has episode synopsis' in it. It's very difficult to find a decent synopsis in the episode discussion threads when they're 40+ pages long. A thread with just one post dedicated to one episode would be nice. It could be locked and updated by a Mod who chooses the best post from the discussion threads that sums up the episode in question.
That is a very interesting idea for a thread. I can see the need for it considering how... uhm.. special the episode discussion threads are for this particular section. It's so easy to get lost if one isn't actively participating in these threads in a given week. The only concern I'm having is about choosing a particular synopsis.... For example: how does a mod choose a synopsis if, say, this mod isn't even watching the series? I'm very certain that this mod won't be motivated enough to go through a few hundred posts to find that cool synopsis every other week.

What would make it easier if these cool posters will kindly link their synopsis to one of the active mods via PM in every other week. Also, we can have more than one synopsis for any given episode. Your thoughts!

In the meantime, I'll go ahead and create the thread. The thread will be stickied as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
I'm thinking we might be able to use a spoiler/speculation thread. There was the incident with the spoiler before, but also there's information about a future episode due to the Sound Stage's next-episode-preview.
No problem with this request. Question: is there a need for two separate thread that will cater to anime-only viewers and manga readers?
Old 2007-05-28, 20:26   Link #76
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
No problem with this request. Question: is there a need for two separate thread that will cater to anime-only viewers and manga readers?
If there's a need to do that, you'll also need one for CD-listeners, website-readers, and novel-readers. I don't think there's a need, although right now, I'm not sure if there's actually a need for the thread itself.
Old 2007-05-29, 03:53   Link #77
Abbott
Munior Jember

Monir:

That's a good idea. If people that post in the episode discussion threads also want their synopsis to be in the Episode Synopsis thread, they can PM a mod and the mod can then decide if the post is worthy of copying.

Thanks for making the thread anyway, hopefully it'll be a nice way to compress synopsis' into an easy to read place.
Old 2007-06-03, 02:58   Link #78
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 10 Discussion / Poll
We are runing out of places to spam creatavily post.
Old 2007-06-05, 07:54   Link #79
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Request for thread:
Military Authority & Decisions In StrikerS - Justified or Unjustified
..or anything that fits the little jam in the Ep8 discussion thread.
I've already PMed xris about the issue. He said he thinks it's a good idea, but since he was about to log out for the day and won't be on the forum much for the rest of the week, he can't treat the issue.

Following his suggestion we come to this little post
Now if a kind Mod could look into this it be great ~
Old 2007-06-05, 09:05   Link #80
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

*feels inhumanly lazy ...* Thread created. Have fun