AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-02, 17:42   Link #21
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
NoSanninWa, you're so predictable. I could tell you were going to make the banner contest today by just seeing you earlier today by you viewing the Spring contest, but now I wonder why there was never a Summer Banner Contest.....
What were you doing looking at my thread viewing? Spying on me? Maybe you're... in love with me?!

* NoSanninWa blushes

Gosh. I had no idea that Razer_2mb felt that way. Anyway, I get that question about the lack of a Summer Banner Contest a lot so I'll answer it once and only once in this thread. I just didn't feel like it. The idea was floated briefly, but I wasn't in the mood, and nobody else wanted to shoulder the job either. So it didn't happen.

Now I've got a question. Does everyone want a new Winter banner contest next season? Or do people think we should simply use banners from the last Winter contest?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-02, 17:43   Link #22
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
All of you must attempt it atleast! It's no fun with only a few.
Well, the deadline is still waaay off, so enough time for people to post stuffs.
And we've got something like 12 banners to choose from already, although you have more then 3 CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Now I've got a question. Does everyone want a new Winter banner contest next season? Or do people think we should simply use banners from the last Winter contest?
I think we should have a new one, but the best from last year should be included in the voting as well IMO.
Old 2004-09-02, 17:47   Link #23
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Oh, I think we *should* have another Winter Contest, or atleast a Christmas one. Even if there is no prize or reward or anything, it would be nice to have something different.

Necro, look at what xris posted ^^ we are allowed to have more then 3, just the last three we posted count. Or maybe you can request which ones you want to count as your three. I was just looking for feedback, and the 3 that people like the most I will submit...if it's allowed ^^"
Old 2004-09-02, 17:48   Link #24
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Come on people comments? likes? dislikes? just don't nominate, the rest is ok.
From yours, I like
test1, yay Risky but where's Safety. Nice blocks on the font.
test2, yay Bottle Fairies. Funky font.
test4, yay Sugar. Very nice but I think a new font would improve it. I like the leaf at the end of the word but I find it difficult to read (if I didn't know it said AnimeSuki, I would be struggling).
test17, don't know who this is
test4_edit, is that Rizel? The red leaves are to similar and problem with font again.

Favs, test2, test1, test4 (if it had a new font).

Hellychan. Daisuki. Oooooohhhhh, nice, but why is he wearing a life-jacket
Old 2004-09-02, 17:52   Link #25
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

xris:

test1, safety is on the last banner
test4, ooh, yeah, on high resolutions it's hard to read (1024x768 should be fine though) I will consider changing it ^^ (probably will)
test17, it's daisuke
test4_edit, I'll change the leaves colors and fix up the font oh, and yes it is Rixel (love her character design)

and for hellychan, he isn't ^^" it's just cut off, it's actually his little white shirt he wears. Atleast I think it is.
Old 2004-09-02, 17:53   Link #26
Necrodeath

Quote:
Necro, look at what xris posted ^^ we are allowed to have more then 3, just the last three we posted count. Or maybe you can request which ones you want to count as your three. I was just looking for feedback, and the 3 that people like the most I will submit...if it's allowed ^^"
I know, but you submitted more then 3 already
As for me, I'll leave it at this. If mine should be chosen, it would be nice. If not, then tough luck I guess

I've got another question though, will the banner be rotating as it's now? If so, then there can be multiple "winners" right?
Old 2004-09-02, 17:56   Link #27
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

There is one winner and a few runner-ups.
I'm assuming those will be rotated. Multiple winners in a sense, again I am only guessing at this ^^"

I made a lot because I really like making things like this, plus it's one of the only ways I can order stuff online we have no credit cards and my parents don't really like ordering online ^^"

xris: hey! I read them! Twice actually ^^" god I've been bored today. *goes and reads them again*
Old 2004-09-02, 18:00   Link #28
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrodeath
I've got another question though, will the banner be rotating as it's now? If so, then there can be multiple "winners" right?
I sometimes wonder why NoSanninWa bothered to post the rules because no-one appears to be reading them

Yes, the banners will rotate (or at least we hope they will).

Yes, there will be multiple winners but there's only one prize.

Please.... everyone..... read the first post of this thread....
Old 2004-09-02, 18:03   Link #29
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris
I sometimes wonder why NoSanninWa bothered to post the rules because no-one appears to be reading them

Yes, the banners will rotate (or at least we hope they will).

Yes, there will be multiple winners but there's only one prize.

Oops, hehe
*kicks himself*
I quickly scanned through them, didn't read enough apparently
Old 2004-09-02, 18:16   Link #30
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
How you make such banners is beyond me, they are just too good. But I'll try one for the hell of it a little later...I can at least try I suppose. Somehow I must master photoshop quickly and make something good maybe...

I'm not sure, but maybe it's just me, wouldn't it be easier to have two threads? One for a single post per user and you can just keep adding banners (by editing the original) and another for discussion about them so we don't have to scroll through all the talk to look at all the banners submitted? Eh it's probably just me...
Old 2004-09-02, 18:25   Link #31
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Heh that's a good point
Instead of asking for that, I stuck all my banners in one post, and put a link to that post in my signature. I also posted my banners seperatly, which are in this thread. But you have a good point. Instead of doing that why don't they just continue doing what they do, and just add the banners into their initial post. I think I'm the only one who did more then 1 though >.< "
Old 2004-09-02, 18:27   Link #32
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:

Maybe people would read them if the rules were separated by on line. I don't think people would enjoy reading them all bunched together from what I noticed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
What were you doing looking at my thread viewing? Spying on me? Maybe you're... in love with me?!

* NoSanninWa blushes

Gosh. I had no idea that Razer_2mb felt that way.

No! It's not that way! Um..... It wouldn't work out?

I will explain how I found out by a stroke of chance.

For some unknown reason I decided to see what NoSanninWa was doing. He/She/It seemed during that one time I looked up his information it appeared he was also viewing the old contest thread as strange as it may seem. I figured that NSW wasn't looking it up due to boredom, but to copy and paste the rules for the Autumn 2004 Banner Contest!!!! I would have to say that my theory is quite accurate to what he did.

bonejellyfish: It's really nice, but Autumntime is a little late for water guns, wouldn't you say so, but then again there are some really hot days before October......

Overall: 94%

Chibi:

First one: 88%
Second one: 92%
Third one: 84%
Fourth one: 90%
Fifth one: 79%
Sixth one: 73%

Nercodeath:
The 2nd one's better: Overall: 82%

Hellychan: Overall: 90%

To Oujirou: Well, you know what we say:

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.
Old 2004-09-02, 18:36   Link #33
Shin Kell
The Feral Cat!

Send a message via MSN to Shin Kell
This is harder than I thought, just makes it all the more fun to try.
My 3 attempts.

Last edited by Shin Kell; 2004-09-02 at 21:15.
Old 2004-09-02, 18:47   Link #34
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Sorry, Shin Kell, but theydo not match size regulations. You have to make some of them bigger/longer. They have to be 650x60 to qualify.
Old 2004-09-02, 18:55   Link #35
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Hellychan. Daisuki. Oooooohhhhh, nice, but why is he wearing a life-jacket
TY ^__^ LOL! Where do you see a life-jacket? o_O;
Hmm...maybe you're talking about the big red leaves behind him? OK, I've removed the "life-jacket"

Here's the result:

With the LJ:

Without the LJ:

ChibiDusk: Thx, hehe, we had the same idea for the leaves and Daisuke

From your banners, I like test1, test4 (but as xris has already said, another font would be better) and test17 (but maybe there are too much leaves behind )

Shin Kell: I like that last one, it's funny ,but as Razer_2mb said, you have to make your banners match the imposed size.
Old 2004-09-02, 19:01   Link #36
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Ok! I took your opinions and made some variations, not very good variations, but variations none the less!
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...50&postcount=4

Last edited by ChibiDusk; 2004-09-02 at 20:44.
Old 2004-09-02, 19:08   Link #37
Kensuke

This is what I managed to do:

EDIT: Updated first picture since it sucked...

Last edited by Kensuke; 2004-09-02 at 19:24.
Old 2004-09-02, 19:11   Link #38
MikoKikyo

I'll be crafty enough to just wait until the last day, check the quality of all submitted banners... If I decide I might be able to do better, I'll put something together then lol it shouldn't take that long

ChibiDusk: my favorite is the 7th one down they're all pretty but this one is ideal in intensity and color play (not too flashy or too dull)

Shin Kell: I really like the first one best, The text works wonders here!
Old 2004-09-02, 19:17   Link #39
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

This is the first thing I've ever really done ^^ I just started learning how to use Macromedia Fireworks MX yesterday weee

Perhaps I will try more later

edit: removed second attempt and simply edited the first... I didn't like Koneko there!

Last edited by deathsvengeance; 2004-09-03 at 13:34.
Old 2004-09-02, 19:34   Link #40
Necrodeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathsvengeance

This is the first thing I've ever really done ^^ I just started learning how to use Macromedia Fireworks MX yesterday weee

Perhaps I will try more later
Looks awesome, especially for a first try. I also really like the girl on the right.
All in all, very good for a first, try, but it's missing something, but I can't put my finger on it...
Closed Thread

Tags
banner contest, contest