AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-07, 14:44   Link #81
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
With Brotherhood it's completely different. It's not a second season, and they're adapting the manga, so of course a change in composer is needed so it won't be anywhere similar to the first series.

This is the second season of Darker than Black, so i hope they won't go with anyone else. Yoko Kanno is needed.
true however personally the music of the 1st series is IMO a lot better and fits more, it would be sad if something like this happens to DTB
And I am still waiting for the music in the episode where Hei saves Mao and tries to strangle Amber (I think it was)
Old 2009-06-07, 14:56   Link #82
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
So does the manga take place After the first season?
Yes, it does.
Old 2009-06-07, 16:57   Link #83
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post

BTW chapter 2 of manga is out, huge plot development.
......sorry for going on about this again, but another HeixYin-suggestive scan? Yeesh.

I can't get the scan to get any bigger to properly read the Japanese though. What's this big development? And I think we'll alls be thankful if somebody could offer up a site that gives info on the manga.
Old 2009-06-07, 16:59   Link #84
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
true however personally the music of the 1st series is IMO a lot better and fits more, it would be sad if something like this happens to DTB
And I am still waiting for the music in the episode where Hei saves Mao and tries to strangle Amber (I think it was)
There's at least 4 pieces from Huang's arc that i love, though never appeared on the released soundtrack. Fingers are still crossed that they'll appear on a CD format now that a second season was announced.
Old 2009-06-07, 17:09   Link #85
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
......sorry for going on about this again, but another HeixYin-suggestive scan? Yeesh.

I can't get the scan to get any bigger to properly read the Japanese though. What's this big development? And I think we'll alls be thankful if somebody could offer up a site that gives info on the manga.
Official website info. on the manga: DARKER THAN BLACK 漆黒の花 (mean. Flower of Black).

I don't think I should tell what plot development in manga, because I think it's possibly related to 2nd season anime.

Manga photolated in Chinese
Spoiler for Chinese-photolated manga links:
Old 2009-06-07, 17:11   Link #86
Vanehei
Sousuke rules

Send a message via MSN to Vanehei
I would be great if someone could tell us what happened in the secon chapter of the manga... Do you think that we should open a thread for the manga?
Old 2009-06-07, 22:06   Link #87
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashima View Post
I would be great if someone could tell us what happened in the secon chapter of the manga... Do you think that we should open a thread for the manga?

There are a lot of us fans. I think there should be a thread

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-06-08, 02:39   Link #88
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

You can actually read the first chapter of the new Darker Than Black manga for free on the official webpage for Young Gan Gan.
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/magazine/yg/browsing/
Old 2009-06-08, 03:15   Link #89
monir
cho~ kakkoii

A manga thread has been created. Please direct all manga related discussion to the corresponding manga thread. Any manga spoilers in this anime thread, even under spoiler tags, will be instantly deleted.
Old 2009-06-08, 04:18   Link #90
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Ahah Mao is back . I remember the episode when he was purchased by another cat XD
Old 2009-06-08, 05:27   Link #91
iceyfw

S1 left many viewers in the dust about "WTF" just happened and i do pray the answers we all want will be answered when the second season ends. my major concern is will they take half of the season introducing new characters or do the slice of life approach again before going into the main story plot? S1 was a bit too slow for my taste for introducing the Darker Than Black world.
Old 2009-06-08, 05:47   Link #92
blewin

second season?? This is amazing! I can't wait. There're so many loose ends from the first season. Let's hope they can maintain that level of mystery in the new season while answering some questions too.

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2009-06-08, 20:03   Link #93
Arkuatic

I'm pretty surprised, this anime seemed like it "ended" thought there lingered a sign of POSSIBLE continual. Lets just hope this isn't one of those 2nd season that ruins the series of a good anime.
Old 2009-06-10, 21:50   Link #94
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
thank ^&*% GOD! That ending was an epic fail! They better damn well have a second season! Maybe I can actually tell people this show is decent the ending threw it all away.
Old 2009-06-11, 13:40   Link #95
DangerMouse

Quote:
There's at least 4 pieces from Huang's arc that i love, though never appeared on the released soundtrack. Fingers are still crossed that they'll appear on a CD format now that a second season was announced.
Yeah, it's still a shame they never released a second soundtrack.

I still want that hard-boiled detective theme they used a few times along with some of the other nice second half music that we never got full tracks for also for example.

Quote:
With Brotherhood it's completely different. It's not a second season, and they're adapting the manga, so of course a change in composer is needed so it won't be anywhere similar to the first series.

This is the second season of Darker than Black, so i hope they won't go with anyone else. Yoko Kanno is needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I totally agree, unsurprisingly it's ridiculously hard to imagine DTB without Yoko Kanno. I hope so Shiroth; I also expect her to be back as this is a true second season of the show. Another good sign is that most of the DTB Bones' staff has been confirmed to be returning for the second season so that's at least a good sign that their intention has been to try to bring everyone back. With Tensai Okamura back in the main chair (not surprising given those news articles about how DTB was his personal pet project in the first place), I certainly think this is thankfully as likely as possible given their history so I'd be surprised if he doesn't at least try and hopefully succeed in getting her back.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2009-06-11 at 14:47.
Old 2009-06-14, 00:13   Link #96
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Hei's girlfriend is dead, his family is dead, and almost all of his friends are dead.
Now he's on the run from the syndicate (aka all the world's governments) and the Tokyo popo

I wouldn't be surprised if Hei in season 2 starts off as some depressed drunkard with an unshaven beard.
Old 2009-06-14, 03:25   Link #97
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if Hei in season 2 starts off as some depressed drunkard with an unshaven beard.
Hei isn't the kind of character who'd just let go of life that easily.

He'll be living somewhere with Yin most likely.
Old 2009-06-14, 19:52   Link #98
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
Hei isn't the kind of character who'd just let go of life that easily.

He'll be living somewhere with Yin most likely.
ah, but his life is in ruins... ='(
Old 2009-06-16, 11:55   Link #99
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intranetusa View Post
ah, but his life is in ruins... ='(
Hey, remember what role he plays in the first DtB. He won't give in that easily to the harshness of life. Heck, for someone like him, even that is a very good advantage to take leads while on a mission.

The newer manga disagrees with you.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-06-16, 12:35   Link #100
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Being a guy the only fanservice I am looking forward to in the second season is Misaki (<3) and lots of her . There is nothing more tantalizing then a Spexy one driving a Porsche : Vroom Vroom :

Spoiler for MOAR MISAKI: