AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-14, 13:02   Link #41
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
CG Is getting so good these days. Getting so real life looking.
Mind you, the only company that makes awesome quality CG movies is SquareEnix IMO. Just look at FF:AC! Unless you want a comic-like Claymore (Shrik style), then Disney is ok.
Old 2008-01-14, 13:07   Link #42
Sassarai
Army of One

There's a lot of companies that make awesome CG movies. They are just short ones in video games though. Google Resident Evil Degeneration.

American CG movies are great, it's just that they don't do it in anime style and focus on animals instead. Beowulf was pretty awesome.

Last edited by Sassarai; 2008-01-14 at 13:25.
Old 2008-01-14, 13:12   Link #43
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Wow.... I can Imagine quite well in my mind a claymore movie of same graphics as FF7:AC and I like what I'm seeing....

That would be awesome.. I can't help imagining miria slightly narrow eyed and having big cheek bones.. Helen should also have slightly narrow eyes, wide smile (especially when smirks) and a bit of freckles... Ya know, like cloud had in AC.

OMG... I can't believe it! A LEON AND CLAIRE movie! yay.... oops, sorry, out of topic
Old 2008-01-14, 17:23   Link #44
Hypervalor
Valor Kira

lol, Avril Lavigne would be good to have the role of Beth or Alicia :P
Old 2008-01-14, 18:01   Link #45
redmeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
Real life people that would make better Claymores then Devon Aoki.

Spoiler for better then devon aoki:

p.s you should put that pic in spoiler. People might be eating. nsfw
LOL! The claymores have finally acknowledged reality and stopped using yoki for plastic surgery.
Old 2008-01-15, 04:16   Link #46
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Movie Posters!

Holy Cow! How did this thread end up being created? I know it is just taken from the image thread but ... I requested it a few times and never got a response! I'm so excited! Well, here you guys go, I'm posting them again because they belong here...

Spoiler for Darkness in Paradise:

Spoiler for The Battle of the North:

Spoiler for Current Battle... Yes I know Galatea looks odd...:

Spoiler for And now to cast, these were my original ideas a few months ago...:

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-01-15 at 04:38.
Old 2008-01-16, 13:53   Link #47
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Hmmm....

Dina Meyer as Miria

Charlize Theron as Deneve

Claire Danes as Helen

Heather Graham as Flora

Brook Shields as Teresa

Christina Ricci as Priscilla (Wohooo! She just looks so like her!)

Elijah Wood as Raki (ROFLMAO)

Any objections?
Old 2008-01-16, 14:25   Link #48
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Haha, very nice Mikke. Some of the best matches I've seen yet. ^^

But Dina Meyer looks too old to be a Claymore. (Remember they are suppose to look about 19-22)

And Brook Shields as Teresa = Eww
I don't think there is a single famous actress out there that would do our Teresa justice.

Christina Ricci would be PERFECT for Priscilla though

Elijah Wood as Raki = lolroflmao
Old 2008-01-16, 14:45   Link #49
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valduran View Post
But Dina Meyer looks too old to be a Claymore. (Remember they are suppose to look about 19-22)
Are you suggesting that any of those old hags actually look in their 22? Ok they aren't old but they absolutely look older than 25 (except for Priscilla's)

Sorry but this is Raki, Frankie Muniz:

Your choice for Deneve, Helen, Priscilla and Flora's actresses is awesome tho.
Old 2008-01-16, 14:57   Link #50
Valduran
Riful For President
*Artist

Well most of them aren't so old that it would be horribly unbelievable. ^^

Ahahahahahaha @ Frankie Muniz...he would fit the role perfectly, but I'm not sure it's logical to match a character with an actor of equal skill and finesse. For Raki you would want the best actor possible to soften the damage.
Old 2008-01-16, 19:56   Link #51
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Nice Cast list mikke! Teresa really is the hardest one for me to think through for casting. I haven't seen many movies with Brook Shields so it's hard for me to judge. Someone suggested Uma Thurman but I am not sure. For the anime most of Teresa's character was with Romi Paku's voice acting so I was trying to think of actresses who had really great voices. I'll see what I come up with.
Old 2008-01-17, 03:13   Link #52
redmeat

Christina Ricci is absolutely perfect for the role as Priscilla!
Old 2008-01-17, 04:24   Link #53
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Who could pull off Galatea?
Old 2008-01-17, 10:14   Link #54
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Rachel Nichols would make a very nice galatea i think...

Old 2008-01-17, 10:38   Link #55
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

She would make perfect Helen, for looks, but for brain size propably an misc. awakened being XD No, Raki! Yeah, she would make perfect Raki! Whos with me!
Old 2008-01-17, 10:45   Link #56
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Hell no. Uma Thurman ain't no Teresa. F*$k that crap. Brook Shields ain't gonna work too.

Kate Bickensdale is fine as Teresa. Love Dina Meyer. However, many of these ladies are a bit too old to play their parts. We need actresses in the early to late 20's range.
Old 2008-01-17, 14:02   Link #57
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I have no idea who Rachel Nichols is but she looks like she could be a claymore .

Ooh, with actresses in the 20's range we'd probably have to go with mostly no name actresses or whoever was hot at the time. There would have to be a lot of them so no names might be the only way to facilitate that. Someone mentioned doing the whole thing in CG might be another option. We just need to get hold of square Enix and see if they can make a movie approximately 30 hours long . Because they would have to do the series in its entirety which I figure would hang around 2 full seasons or more.

Can you imagine Riful in spectacular CG glory where all of her ribbons shimmer and shine and move slowly seemingly of their own volition? The AB's would have to be spectacular.
Old 2008-01-17, 15:05   Link #58
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Ooh, with actresses in the 20's range we'd probably have to go with mostly no name actresses or whoever was hot at the time. There would have to be a lot of them so no names might be the only way to facilitate that.
I see no harm in that. I am sure it would be even easier to find more actresses who resemble our Claymore more properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Someone mentioned doing the whole thing in CG might be another option. We just need to get hold of square Enix and see if they can make a movie approximately 30 hours long . Because they would have to do the series in its entirety which I figure would hang around 2 full seasons or more.

Can you imagine Riful in spectacular CG glory where all of her ribbons shimmer and shine and move slowly seemingly of their own volition? The AB's would have to be spectacular.
Claymore in FF7:AC quality would just be...... superb!

* drools on the idea of seeing Riful's ribbons shine

Or even any giant AB for that matter.
Old 2008-01-17, 15:47   Link #59
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

It would probably look something like this if it were CG...

You guys are forgetting one thing though, the animation itself. Some animation stunts such as playing with proportion and perspective, expressions and movements could only be done in anime. Notice at how FF7AC was split into both motion captured animation and hand made when the hand made animation made those glammering and realistic looking characters dance like cartoons in totally awkward looking, even ridiculous spectacles.

Remember the cloud/ kadaj battle? too damn fast and clumsy looking.. So many moves are ommitted. almost as if there's no life to it.... Sure the shining swords and the rest of the superb graphics made up for it, but still....
Old 2008-01-17, 15:58   Link #60
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post

It would probably look something like this if it were CG...

SquareEnix would NEVER produce such quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikke View Post
You guys are forgetting one thing though, the animation itself. Some animation stunts such as playing with proportion and perspective, expressions and mimics could only be done in anime. Notice at how FF7AC was split into both motion captured animation and hand made when the hand made animation made those glammering and realistic looking characters dance like cartoons in totally awkward looking, even ridiculous spectacles.

Remember the cloud/ kadaj battle? too damn fast and clumsy looking.. So many moves are ommitted. almost as if there's no life to it.... Sure the shining swords and the rest of the superb graphics made up for it, but still....
While I didn't feel that way but indeed 3D animation still is developing in terms of artificial motion but they are now much better than before.

I didn't quite get what you mean by "moves are ommited". Technically it's not possible since you are moving the 3D objects around not drawing new frames of it.

I think a FF7:AC-like Claymore would be stunning.
Closed Thread