AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-02, 13:12   Link #281
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
None of which is talking about the character type. Jude is the nice-guy-who-helps-people-in-need type, just like Kenshin, Vash, and Asbel. I don't understand why you're arguing this.
Even if you use character archetypes, Jude still isn't quite like Kenshin and Vash. Jude doesn't have some horrid past involving the destruction that would drive him to atone.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 21:23   Link #282
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Just because he's a nice guy doesn't mean he's the same as Vash and Kenshin because they're good guys. Asbel is nice and helps people too, but I still wouldn't say he's similar to any of them. Well, maybe he and Jude are similar, considering his ridiculous devotion to Richard.
Well, to be fair, lately most of tales protagonist has this same problem("Sophie!/Richard!","shirley!","van-sensei!","Kohaku!", and let's not forget the famous "Clllllaaaaiirrreee!"). The thing that ticks me of about Jude is that he seems too..... boneless toward Mira. It's like, he suddenly turn into some stupid brainless boy in front of Mira when he actually is quite clever in front of everyone else(hence, the wissy comment).

Although, I definitely will still rate him above early Luke. At least Jude isn't a bossy rude jerk with not even one likeable trait like early Luke.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 06:55   Link #283
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Sorry for bumping this old thread but...does anyone know whether increasing the difficulty will yield anything other than having more difficult enemies? I just got this game and there's still many things that I don't understand yet

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:04   Link #284
GDB

It increases the chances (by a very good amount) of getting better quality/level/type shards.

Disregard, see 2 posts down.

Last edited by GDB; 2012-07-05 at 12:38. Reason: Disregard
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-05, 08:24   Link #285
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...they also have shards like Grace in this game? o.o; Does it has the same function?

Old 2012-07-05, 12:37   Link #286
GDB

Wow, my bad. Was still groggy and just read "sorry to bump" and assumed it was the Graces thread. No, no shards. I believe it increases the amount and quality of... not sure what they're officially called, but the raw materials that you trade in to increase your shops' levels. Note: I suggest only leveling up weapons and equipment with x2 bonuses, and then if something pops up with a x3 bonus, go bananas on it (prioritizing weapons and armor, since they seem to overlap with one of the other shops in terms of what gets a bonus more often than not).
Old 2012-07-06, 09:25   Link #287
GDB

Announced for Europe and the US at Japan Expo, btw. 2013.
Old 2012-07-06, 10:06   Link #288
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

...and just when I bought the japanese version. Damn

At least I got to hear Miyuki Sawashiro and sugitan in this game

Old 2012-07-06, 10:07   Link #289
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Please for once, just this one time give me dual audio Namco.
Old 2012-07-08, 02:17   Link #290
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

^highly unlikely. but who knows right?

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 08:33   Link #291
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
Please for once, just this one time give me dual audio Namco.
I personally asked this to Baba Hideo, Tales of Games Producers, but as usual, he answered me an evasive "we are thinking about it, but I can't make any promise as of now".
I did however put a certain emphasis about the fact a major portion of the western fanbase are also anime fans who are fond of Japanese Seiyuu.
Old 2012-07-09, 08:39   Link #292
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I personally asked this to Baba Hideo, Tales of Games Producers, but as usual, he answered me an evasive "we are thinking about it, but I can't make any promise as of now".
I did however put a certain emphasis about the fact a major portion of the western fanbase are also anime fans who are fond of Japanese Seiyuu.
I see, well I doubt that he can announce such a major feature out so casually. If they are indeed thinking about it then at the least I'm glad they haven't just disregarded it without thinking about it.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:58   Link #293
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I think a major part of it isn't so much whether they want to, but whether it's financially efficient. I believe I read somewhere (I think it was when Fate/Extra was being localized) that if they use Japanese voices, they have to pay the Seiyuu again. Obviously not nearly as much as a new English dub, but it'd be an added expense on top of the cost of the English dub.
Old 2012-11-05, 21:55   Link #294
OPN

Dubbing is finished http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...xillia-update/ Anyone wanna guess the cast? Also tea cups is doing the work once again. Im going to take a guess and here is my predictions
Jude: todd haberkorn
Milla: Laura bailey
Elize: Christina vee (shes hinted about doing a video game so im pretty sure shes in xillia)
More later.

Last edited by OPN; 2012-11-05 at 22:17.
OPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 01:31   Link #295
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
No way they'll use Laura Bailey again; she was a main in ToSr and ToGf and played both softer characters. Colleen Clinkenboard would be a much better fit, given the article mentioned "a more authorative" voice. She has more roles that fit such an appearance opposed to Bailey(not to say Bailey couldn't do it mind you). Stephanie Young would be another good cast, with similar roles(Claire in Claymore).

Last edited by frubam; 2012-11-06 at 01:42.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 06:22   Link #296
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

since Miyuki Sawashiro is a favorite seiyuu of mine, I'd kill for this game to have a dual audio option

I know that all localized tales games have amazing voice acting (I know since I've played them all)
but just this once, I want this to have the original japanese dub if possible

if not, oh well
that's life

Old 2012-11-06, 09:59   Link #297
OPN

Collen would be a match made in heaven for milla..but both she and yong are texas VA's so i doubt they will be in this dub. Maybe michell ruff could do it.
Old 2012-11-06, 13:50   Link #298
GDB

Isn't Laura Bailey a Texas VA too, though?
Old 2012-11-06, 16:11   Link #299
OPN

She moved to LA a year ago so she mostly works there now (though time to time she will work with funi)
Old 2012-11-09, 09:44   Link #300
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

something for the European players.
I still want my Jap dubs.
and I want that Tipo plushie