AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-02-06, 13:41   Link #81
Artimus_Prime
The First Rasengan!!

shodai's older right?

i get the feeling that hash and madara may have been good friends a very long time ago...
"he was right about it being an immoral jutsu..." madara said this
Old 2013-02-06, 13:56   Link #82
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i guess all i'm hinting at is that tobirama is the type of leader to throw morality out the window if he thinks it will benefit konoha and he doesn't seem above stabbing his own brother in the back if he can justify it. whereas hashirama, like naruto, would probably take a beating to defend someone who doesnt deserve it
I don't think so, even in their disagreements and flaws it's obvious the author showed the Hokage to be fundamentally good people. Nidaime was colder and harsher than his brother and his actions along with the Elders later ended up a self-fulfilling prophecy but he's no Danzou who most certainly did not sacrifice himself for anything and had only one thing in mind : Danzou.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 15:38   Link #83
justavisitor

So basically the reason that itachi was willing to let his clan to be wiped out was because of genetic illness?? (because he loved his village too much and his genetic illness made him to be willing to sacrifice everything (except Sasuke) to protect the village) So basically Itachi was obsessed with the village and his brother the whole time XD

Which kind of makes sense because I always thought it was so unconvincing for Itachi to go that far.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 18:51   Link #84
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Its more like there was no future with the uchiha clan, seeing how the will try to take over the village and die failing. Itachi pick option two to save his brother at the least. Another way to interpert his action is that he see the village as his family too, difficult to pick who over who.
Old 2013-02-06, 21:16   Link #85
Shining Celebi
a

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
wtf i thought the third hokage was the god of shinobi?
He was. But things have since been retconned to give Hashirama a bigger role and since it would be absurd to have the Third be stronger than the newly-repowered Hashirama, Hashirama gets retconned as the god of shinobi and we're all supposed to forget about it.
Shining Celebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 22:34   Link #86
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Its more like there was no future with the uchiha clan, seeing how the will try to take over the village and die failing. Itachi pick option two to save his brother at the least. Another way to interpert his action is that he see the village as his family too, difficult to pick who over who.
That's very true...but I still think a normal person wouldn't have the determination to do something that dramatic (but then again this is naruto universe ) I mean, technically speaking uchiha clan hadn't even started their rebellion (the third hokage still thought he could settle it peacefully) and itachi just had to kill his parent

Anyway, we have learnt the truth behind the "massacre" for a long long time, but it's just this chapter makes me think of some new theories behind itachi's action. Maybe, just maybe the reason itachi could do such horrible things to his family and his clan was because he was an uchiha after all XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2013-02-07, 00:59   Link #87
b1gdawg

Is there any chance that Oro just summoned the 4 Kage so Sasuke can ask them questions? I think it'd be a shame if we don't see them fight. And if Oro does decide to undo the Edo Tensei and remove all of them, I hope at least Tobirama will be able to do the same thing Madara did, and stay alive with unlimited Chakra etc.
b1gdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 01:40   Link #88
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Maybe, just maybe the reason itachi could do such horrible things to his family and his clan was because he was an uchiha after all XD
As per the third's explanation, Itachi simply had extrodinary wisdom and insight that apparently allowed him to disregard some of the very primal urges of the reptilian and mammalian portions of the brain, which the other Uchiha apparently have great difficulty with. Long ago, I used to have a suspicion that Itachi massacred his clan because he probably underwent root-like mental conditioning and resocialization in Anbu, then somehow became psychotic and snapped, consequently killing the entire clan.

But now that I think about this, perhaps Tobirama should have tried recruiting at least some of the Uchiha(after a certain amount of demonstrated ability) into a unique branch of the prestigious Anbu squad. In Anbu, they probably wouldn't be suspicious of being excluded as is the case in the police force and they'd be required to undergo special root-like conditioning that would greatly mitigate their intense emotions. Because of the way the sharingan evolves though, this probably wouldn't stop all these lunatics from wanting to kill eachother, but perhps it would have a chance at making a notable difference. This would obviously hurt their potential a great deal, but would also severely lower the chance of some maniac running around summoning a giant meteor down on a village.

I guess Tobirama's explanation now gives a clearer picture to Itachi's tale of Madara, when he described him as being "possessed by the Magenkyo". The monster in the background must be representing Madara's overbearing emotion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
Is there any chance that Oro just summoned the 4 Kage so Sasuke can ask them questions? I think it'd be a shame if we don't see them fight. And if Oro does decide to undo the Edo Tensei and remove all of them, I hope at least Tobirama will be able to do the same thing Madara did, and stay alive with unlimited Chakra etc.
Ugh, I hope Sasuke releases the jutsu right after he's satisfied with the answers(but I know this is unlikely). The alliance should be able to do their job themselves, and I really don't want to watch these legendary Hokages be defeated by Naruto just so that he can recieve yet more fan-service. I hope they say their piece and are simply allowed a well deserved rest. Or, if they are dragged in the war, then hopefully they're released after Madara's defeat. Too many great ninjas were brought back for unecessary nonsense imo.
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 02:07   Link #89
iBeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gdawg View Post
I'm sure all 4 will be eventually be on the battle field.

I just want to know why wasn't most of these things written in the secret Uchiha shrine? Didn't the Uchiha have any historians in their clan?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 02:45   Link #90
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think you greatly misjudge Danzou.
All his actions were for the village. The only thing in his mind was the good of the village, and in the end he did sacrifice himself for it.
The big difference between him and the Hokages is, that the Hokages don't only think about the village, but about all Shinobi. Danzou would wipe out all the other villages if he had the chance, to bring the Leaf peace.
And I think you don't realize about low Danzou had fallen from his youth. What you describe is probably what Danzou was once upon a time, or what he told himself at least, but it wasn't who he was for decades. He didn't think about Konoha, he thought about Konoha led by him which is vastly different. There isn't a single of his action that hasn't harmed Konoha, from his dealing in Ame with Hanzo to betray Sarutobi to his abandon of Konoha to Pain in order to take down Tsunade and everything in between, Danzo is the worst traitor Konoha has ever known since its inception.
And he most certainly didn't sacrifice himself in the end. When he saw his death coming he turned his back and fled. His last jutsu was automatically activated upon his death to take his enemies along with him. He didn't forsake his own life for the good of others, he died a pathetic death after an unseemly life.

He was nothing like the Hokage he so despised, he was a self centered coward who told himself fairy tales about the greater good of the village when he believed himself to be the "king". The 2nd Hokage for all his harshness, apparent prejudice and unresolved issues with the Uchiha that stopped him from fully considering them part of Konoha was a man who truly thought about the village and its future first and foremost and sacrified himself to allow the youths and future of the village to survive. Danzou could never have made this decision, he couldn't as a youth and would have ordered them all to sacrifice themselves to allow him to escape in his old age.

Make no mistake, he's one of the few characters I actually like and I regret he wasn't given a more important role in the story, Konoha led by him could have led to so many interesting issue. But the reason I found him to have so much potential is precisely because he's the polar opposite of the Hokage.
Old 2013-02-07, 22:21   Link #91
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artful Dodger View Post
Ugh, I hope Sasuke releases the jutsu right after he's satisfied with the answers(but I know this is unlikely). The alliance should be able to do their job themselves, and I really don't want to watch these legendary Hokages be defeated by Naruto just so that he can recieve yet more fan-service. [...]
You're probably going to be gravely disappointed. With the way things have been going along in this fan-service show “ninja-war”, this development is probably going to be yet another set-up for more unnecessary fan-service and power-ups for our hero Naruto. We'll probably see him take on all four legendary Kages simultaneously and win (no, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm serious). Yeah, I know what some people might be thinking, but I used to think defeating 6 jinchuriki equpped with rinnegan, sharingan and unique abilities was far-fetched too; turns out its not.

Maybe we'll be lucky and he'll receive a significant power-up from Minato which he'd obviously need after being able to defeat 4 of the strongest ninjas of all time. Doubling the Kyuubi's chakra, extending the time he can spend in kyuubi-mode(hell, why even have to turn it off), and a few more surprise enhancements and abilities should do it. One enhancement should be the ability to fly; he's a wind type after all.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-07, 23:26   Link #92
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Maybe we'll be lucky and he'll receive a significant power-up from Minato which he'd obviously need after being able to defeat 4 of the strongest ninjas of all time. Doubling the Kyuubi's chakra, extending the time he can spend in kyuubi-mode(hell, why even have to turn it off), and a few more surprise enhancements and abilities should do it. One enhancement should be the ability to fly; he's a wind type after all.
Didn't he do just that two chapters ago when he magically transformed the entire army into a huge chakra bird?
Old 2013-02-08, 00:01   Link #93
gibits
Endless

I just really hope the 4th doesn't have to fight his own son. That would make me really sad.
I still think the 3rd is the strongest of the kages. He beat both the 1st and 2nd when Oro summoned them. And if they werent immortal, he would have beaten them too. The 4th is a bit of a wild card but I think he is still inferior to the other 3 kage. He had good sealing techniques, was very fast, and good jutsu control but nothing really that special.

The 1st is now my favorite kage. What an easy going guy. So he's the reason Tsunade is the way she is? I can totally tell now. Wonder how Konohmaru wil turn out. Will he end up being a serious fellow like the 3rd or hyperactive attention whore like Naruto?
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 00:15   Link #94
Alchemist007
*Author

Shodaime is a pretty cool guy. Though I'm always wondering what Oro is up to.
Old 2013-02-08, 02:03   Link #95
Kowai

Gheyyyy "love too much" rofl what a troll. GG kishi.. gg

Edit: just wanted to say it is badass itachi was kage level when he was 6 (at least mentally)
Old 2013-02-08, 02:37   Link #96
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowai View Post
Edit: just wanted to say it is badass itachi was kage level when he was 6 (at least mentally)
yea totally. kind of begs the question, or the answer rather, that itachi is the smartest character in the series over shikamaru and his father
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 03:01   Link #97
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Oh please... Kishimoto's way of making Sasuke "good" again are too glaring.

If any of that happens, I'll instantly downgrade this manga.
If it's taken you this long to threaten to downgrade the manga, you've been very tolerant so far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowai View Post
Gheyyyy "love too much" rofl what a troll. GG kishi.. gg

It's all but confirmed it. lol... Jump should reclassify this manga as shonen-ai.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 04:10   Link #98
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Celebi View Post
He was. But things have since been retconned to give Hashirama a bigger role and since it would be absurd to have the Third be stronger than the newly-repowered Hashirama, Hashirama gets retconned as the god of shinobi and we're all supposed to forget about it.
that sucks big time. i always wanted the third to be the most powerful character in the series...i mean he took on the 1st and 2nd and orochimaru and the sound four (that barrier was a crucial part of the battle). the village prospered and became the most powerful of the great 5 under his direction idk it just seems like shitty story telling just blatantly palm off that issue
solidguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 04:17   Link #99
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Well, its because this manga is a shounen. I'm of the opinion that this manga would be much better had it been targeted at an older crowd and was instead a Seinen manga (If that name is correct?). While I certainly consider this a great manga and find it fun to read, I still feel there is so much wasted potential in quite a few aspects. For instance, real romance would create another dynamic and be able to offer many more possible plot developments and conflicts. What we get here are instances of pointless teasing, that never go anywhere. (which I find hilarious considering the intensely passionate shippers we have around here ready to pounce, and came out the woodworks just at Naruto and Hinata holding hands )

The shounen characteristic of the main character being the absolute best at nearly everything and recieving constant upgrades resulting in the strength levels ridiculously disproportionate is very annoying and stupid imo. It'd be nicer to have the characters a bit older as well (perhaps early twenties if some of them are overseeing villages for crying out loud). Also, while I like the protagonist to be one of the best; he doesn't have to be the absolute best. This leaves things exciting imo, and not contrived, and cliche`.

In this arc, perhaps it would have been a better idea not to use overuse this Edo Tensei jutsu to this extent(especially for some of the shitty fights we've had to sit though). For example, in this situation Sasuke could be made to simply speak to the Kage's spirits somehow, similar to the way a Sith and Jedi communicate with their Master's spirits through the force(just as an example, I realize the situation with them being sealed in the shirigami). Unfortunately, I guess bringing them back via Edo Tensei pretty much ensures that they'll be brought into this so called "ninja war".
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-08, 09:11   Link #100
justavisitor

I just hope that the author remembers the "weakness" of Edo Tensei he created and Tobirama has to break free from the spell like Madara. I have a hard time imagining such a serious personality like Tobirama is willing to be controlled by someone else. (Tobirama is also like a control-freak after all XD)

It would be quite hilarious if all 4 hokages know the Edo Tensei...but I am thinking the author is somehow trying to upgrade Sasuke via the revival of those 4 hokages (it seems Naruto is too strong compared to Sasuke..after all at this very moment Sasuke is just another Madara at best) and this is something I don't really like to see

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion